Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 448

Thread: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

  1. #301
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    11-16-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    We actually don't have to do anything, the problem will take care of itself. What we're all waiting for are the leaded gasoline poisoned generations of the 40's, 50's, 60's, and partially 70's to die and leave the Earth to the more peaceful, non poisoned generations. We're already seeing a massive decline from the peak around 1990 when the lead babies in their 20's and 30's were in their most dangerous prime. Just so happens this trend also correlates with the rise of conservatism... lower iq's, more aggression, inability to think through complex issues, its all intertwined.
    FUNNY ! :


    Public Service Announcement

    The American Psychological Association is searching for all who exhibit certain types of neurosis for long term research. See: Loony-toons Research Holding Facility for possible referrals.

    Some seek a different type of Asylum

    Thom Paine

  2. #302
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    That's one way of looking at it, lead poisoning equates to less violence.

    Personally I prefer a large internal combustion engine with dual Holley quad carbs sucking up high octane leaded gas = horsepower with high torque and speed.

    BTW: Doesn't explain why todays generation has lower SAT scores today than 45 years ago even after dumbing down the SAT twice to increase the scores and today they are allowed to use calculators which weren't allowed by that leaded out generation.
    Yeah I'm sure lead poisoning makes you better Apache

    Is this a fact that SAT scores are lower today or is this another one of your wishful ideas? If its true that SAT really are lower today is there an explanation that supports your assertions or is this just a cherry picked correlation you want to use?

  3. #303
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Well I should hope you lead babies figured out how to get all the money, considering you were the only people alive at the time. Doh! Those darn absent critical thinking skills git me every time!
    Oh. Geeze. You mean all those other folks that were around were dead? And aren't you alive now too?

    However, my mistake. I guess that answers some questions.

    (I'm thinking even the concept of something called critical thinking skills is a far off development for at least some of you kids.)

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Generally those who claim the southern poverty law center is a "hate group" are those the splc busted. A quick look at your far far right wing hack sources kind of verifies this.
    Busted for what ?

    It's the SPLC who said anyone who didn't vote for Obama is a racist. They also said anyone who opposed Obamacare was a racist.

    The SPLC started out as a non partisan legitimate organization with a nobel cause. Along the way they got greedy when they discovered how rich they could get from stupid people donating money to the SPLC. They discovered if they keep moving to the fringe of the left, more money.

    One of the links I provided reveals why you no longer will find any black faces working in the SPLC office. Just about ever black who has worked for the SPLC has filed a racial discrimination law suit against the SPLC.

  5. #305
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Generally those who claim the southern poverty law center is a "hate group" are those the splc busted. A quick look at your far far right wing hack sources kind of verifies this.
    Well that's convenient isn't it Rob? Disagree with the SPLC and they must be a hate group...Good Grief.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #306
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Oh. Geeze. You mean all those other folks that were around were dead? And aren't you alive now too?

    However, my mistake. I guess that answers some questions.

    (I'm thinking even the concept of something called critical thinking skills is a far off development for at least some of you kids.)
    Wut?

    In my op I talked about people born and raised in the 40's, 50's, 60's and partially 70's, you know, the old people of today, they have all the money because... they...are...older...they've been playing the game longer, while newer generations either weren't born yet or are quite young.... do you follow? You don't expect teenagers and those in their 20's to take over everything immediately do you? LoL

    Or perhaps you think in your head that conservatives have all the money? LoL, that's funny. A lot of the wealthy and rich support libertarianism and conservative causes because it pads their bottom line, pretty basic play that should be obvious. Besides that I think the spread is pretty even isn't it?

    Either way your statements don't make much sense.

  7. #307
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Wut?

    In my op I talked about people born and raised in the 40's, 50's, 60's and partially 70's, you know, the old people of today, they have all the money because... they...are...older...they've been playing the game longer, while newer generations either weren't born yet or are quite young.... do you follow? You don't expect teenagers and those in their 20's to take over everything immediately do you? LoL

    Or perhaps you think in your head that conservatives have all the money? LoL, that's funny. A lot of the wealthy and rich support libertarianism and conservative causes because it pads their bottom line, pretty basic play that should be obvious. Besides that I think the spread is pretty even isn't it?

    Either way your statements don't make much sense.
    Actually, given the sense of entitlement, and the attitude, I don't expect teenagers and those in their 20's to take over much of anything.

    When adding in the logic displayed by your own words, I'm more than confident this is true.

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Yeah I'm sure lead poisoning makes you better Apache

    Is this a fact that SAT scores are lower today or is this another one of your wishful ideas? If its true that SAT really are lower today is there an explanation that supports your assertions or is this just a cherry picked correlation you want to use?
    College Board 'Concerned' About Low SAT Scores : NPR


    The dumbing down of the SAT:

    >"1980 test and associated changes[edit]The inclusion of the "Strivers" Score study was implemented. This study was introduced by The Educational Testing Service, which administers the SAT, and has been conducting research on how to make it easier for minorities and individuals who suffer from social and economic barriers.

    The original "Strivers" project, which was in the research phase from 1980–1994, awarded special "Striver" status to test-takers who scored 200 points higher than expected for their race, gender and income level. The belief was that this would give minorities a better chance at being accepted into a college of higher standard, e.g. an Ivy League school. In 1992, the Strivers Project was leaked to the public; as a result the Strivers Project was terminated in 1993. After Federal Courts heard arguments from the ACLU, NAACP and the Educational Testing Service, the courts ordered the study to alter its data collection process, stating that only the age, race and zip code could be used to determine the test-takers eligibility for "Strivers" points.

    These changes were introduced to the SAT effective in 1994.

    1994 changes[edit]In 1994 the verbal section received a dramatic change in focus. Among these changes were the removal of antonym questions, and an increased focus on passage reading. The mathematics section also saw a dramatic change in 1994, thanks in part to pressure from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. For the first time since 1935, the SAT asked some non-multiple choice questions, instead requiring students to supply the answers. 1994 also saw the introduction of calculators into the mathematics section for the first time in the test's history. The mathematics section introduced concepts of probability, slope, elementary statistics, counting problems, median and mode.[24]

    The average score on the 1994 modification of the SAT I was usually around 1000 (500 on the verbal, 500 on the math). The most selective schools in the United States (for example, those in the Ivy League) typically had SAT averages exceeding 1400 on the old test[citation needed].

    1995 re-centering (raising mean score back to 500)[edit]The test scoring was initially scaled to make 500 the mean score on each section with a standard deviation of 100.[26] As the test grew more popular and more students from less rigorous schools began taking the test, the average dropped to about 428 Verbal and 478 Math. The SAT was "recentered" in 1995, and the average "new" score became again close to 500. Scores awarded after 1994 and before October 2001 are officially reported with an "R" (e.g. 1260R) to reflect this change. Old scores may be recentered to compare to 1995 to present scores by using official College Board tables,[27] which in the middle ranges add about 70 points to Verbal and 20 or 30 points to Math. In other words, current students have a 100 (70 plus 30) point advantage over their parents.

    1995 re-centering controversy[edit]Certain educational organizations viewed the SAT re-centering initiative as an attempt to stave off international embarrassment in regard to continuously declining test scores, even among top students. As evidence, it was presented that the number of pupils who scored above 600 on the verbal portion of the test had fallen from a peak of 112,530 in 1972 to 73,080 in 1993, a 36% backslide, despite the fact that the total number of test-takers had risen over 500,000.[28]"<

    SAT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    WIKIPEDIA MAKES NO GUARANTEE OF VALIDITY
    Wikipedia is an online open-content collaborative encyclopedia; that is, a voluntary association of individuals and groups working to develop a common resource of human knowledge. The structure of the project allows anyone with an Internet connection to alter its content. Please be advised that nothing found here has necessarily been reviewed by people with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate or reliable information. Wikipedia:General disclaimer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  9. #309
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Where in that massive blob did it say anything relevant to what we're talking about?

    Off the top of my head, what about changing demographics over the years? Are the quality of schools worse?

    Not to mention your argument should be focusing more on iq than just the SAT if you're insisting people are overall less intelligent now than they were 40-50 years ago.

  10. #310
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No, it wasn't. Calling for specific violence against anyone is illegal.
    Generic non answer. I wasn't asking if the law was changed.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •