Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 448

Thread: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Shock. Extremist Group doing extremist things.
    Are you referring to the christian militia or the radical leftist hate group the Southern Poverty Law Center ?

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    There are limits on free speech. I consider myself ultra libertarian on speech and still I don't agree with this, but I wouldn't put it past an obamite lover to create an ultra conservative looking militia like web site and making such an outrageous comment on it. Poor ofailure has had a really bad month and they need to drum up the race card for olooser pretty bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Uhhh...yeah they are scum bags but free speech pertains even to scumbags....

  3. #23
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Sietske22 View Post
    Christian militia calls for Obama

    The Christian American Patriots Militia is openly calling for the assassination of President Barack Obama on their Facebook page. The Christian militia calls Obama a “dictator,” and claims the “authority to kill Obama comes from the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution.”


    Scumbags.

    Arrest them all
    Nut job guy I guess.

    But let's be honest here. The important part of the deal is "Christian" isn't it? The fact that it's some jerk on Facebook who may or may not have followers is irrelevant to DailyKos, and all the others pushing this bit of "news". It's the "Christian" word in the name that gets the Progressive Machine going.

    What else is new?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,665

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Sietske22 View Post
    Christian militia calls for Obama

    The Christian American Patriots Militia is openly calling for the assassination of President Barack Obama on their Facebook page. The Christian militia calls Obama a “dictator,” and claims the “authority to kill Obama comes from the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution.”


    Scumbags.

    Arrest them all
    Somebody said something stupid on Facebook? WOW!!! That's pretty remarkable.

  5. #25
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,174

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    There are limits on free speech. I consider myself ultra libertarian on speech and still I don't agree with this, but I wouldn't put it past an obamite lover to create an ultra conservative looking militia like web site and making such an outrageous comment on it. Poor ofailure has had a really bad month and they need to drum up the race card for olooser pretty bad.
    It's actually illegal to threaten the President but it usually results in additional scrutiny not prosecution. The fact is...the way things are now and the security around the President the fact this group has the means to actually carry this through is pretty low...especially with the extra scrutiny they are probably receiving from Secret Service.

    Most of the folks that have gotten close/killed a President didn't make it public ahead of time. I just don't think taking this guy to jail will solve anything.

    As for the left making a fake site....you have to be a hardcore partisan to ignore that there are loonies on the right.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  6. #26
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Are you referring to the christian militia or the radical leftist hate group the Southern Poverty Law Center ?
    Ted Nugent, is that you ??
    Physics is Phun

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    It's actually illegal to threaten the President but it usually results in additional scrutiny not prosecution. The fact is...the way things are now and the security around the President the fact this group has the means to actually carry this through is pretty low...especially with the extra scrutiny they are probably receiving from Secret Service.

    Most of the folks that have gotten close/killed a President didn't make it public ahead of time. I just don't think taking this guy to jail will solve anything.

    As for the left making a fake site....you have to be a hardcore partisan to ignore that there are loonies on the right.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Hollywood Left make a movie about assassinating a sitting President during the G.W. Bush administration ?

  8. #28
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Sietske22 View Post
    Christian militia calls for Obama

    The Christian American Patriots Militia is openly calling for the assassination of President Barack Obama on their Facebook page. The Christian militia calls Obama a “dictator,” and claims the “authority to kill Obama comes from the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution.”


    Scumbags.

    Arrest them all
    If true, which I find hard to believe anyone would be this stupid, the Secret Service will take care of them.

    As Forrest Gump famously said: "Stupid is, as stupid does."

    And for the record, idiots like this are neither a militia, nor Christian.

  9. #29
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    There are limits on free speech. I consider myself ultra libertarian on speech and still I don't agree with this, but I wouldn't put it past an obamite lover to create an ultra conservative looking militia like web site and making such an outrageous comment on it. Poor ofailure has had a really bad month and they need to drum up the race card for olooser pretty bad.
    Do you really think that "ofailure" could come up with a working web-site to threaten himself ?
    Physics is Phun

  10. #30
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,174

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Hollywood Left make a movie about assassinating a sitting President during the G.W. Bush administration ?
    Not really...it was made in the UK not Hollywood.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •