Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 448

Thread: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

  1. #151
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Somebody said something stupid on Facebook? WOW!!! That's pretty remarkable.
    This might go beyond stupid
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  2. #152
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Wow, no need to go off the deep end with the ad homs there. Yes, force can be used against the exercise of rights, this is true. This doesn't mean the right doesn't exist, it merely means you live in treason and tyranny and that you are justified in revolt. Nothing more. Without rights, there is no justification for fighting against oppression.
    First, read what I actually posted, didn't go for ad homs, at least not directed at you. Lots of folks use the word "rights" incorrectly, in ways that bear little resemblence to reality. They are looked at as a little off.

    And that's exactly what it means - the right didn't exist here until the Constitution was written and ratified.

    You are so wrong. There are plenty of justifications to fight against oppression, including that you want certain rights that don't exist in your society.

    Look there's already a thread that I've been avoiding because it's filled with the folks that think there are "natural" rights that we're magically imbued with. Take the natural rights nonsense there. This isn't that thread.
    Last edited by clownboy; 11-25-13 at 09:13 PM.

  3. #153
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah, it's funny allowing people the exercise of their rights.

    You have anything of any importance to argue, or is this just useless fluff and stupid posting?
    What's wrong? What you posted was funny. Sorry if you don't think so.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #154
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Tell that to Hitler...
    Huh? Hitler never had plans to take the US by force that I'm aware of. Europe, yes, but that's been done before and it didn't take all that long, and it was done from inside the continent.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    First, read what I actually posted, didn't go for ad homs, at least not directed at you. Lots of folks use the word "rights" incorrectly, in ways that bear little resemblence to reality. They are looked at as a little off.

    And that's exactly what it means - the right didn't exist here until the Constitution was written and ratified.

    You are so wrong. There are plenty of justifications to fight against oppression, including that you want certain rights that don't exist in your society.

    Look there's already a thread that I've been avoiding because it's filled with the folks that think there are "natural" rights that we're magically imbued with. Take the natural rights nonsense there. This isn't that thread.
    Wanting rights doesn't give justification towards revolt if you do not have rights to start with. Justification for fighting oppression is rooted in the base rights of humans themselves.

    Essentially, what you want to do here is say "this isn't the thread to discuss rights, your wrong and I'm right". Which is pretty pathetic argument to start with, you're just trying to define yourself as right. The justification to rise up against oppression is born in the natural rights of the individual. Without them, you have no right, no justification, to fight.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Huh? Hitler never had plans to take the US by force that I'm aware of. Europe, yes, but that's been done before and it didn't take all that long, and it was done from inside the continent.
    Well your point was that the US was to large of a landmass ...

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    LOLWUT. My goal is "intimidation and murder"? OK, I'll bite. To what exactly are you referring?
    Mr.Nk slightly generalized, but basically, you liberals are very dangerous people who are ready to kill just for the idea.

  8. #158
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well your point was that the US was to large of a landmass ...
    Nope, not entirely, read it again. It was a hard landmass for them to occupy because it is large, geographically distant, extremely varied by climate and has never been totally conquered. Supply is a huge problem for an invading force.

  9. #159
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    Mr.Nk slightly generalized, but basically, you liberals are very dangerous people who are ready to kill just for the idea.
    It's not a liberal problem so much as it is a zealot problem.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #160
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Militia group calls for Obama's assassination

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Wanting rights doesn't give justification towards revolt if you do not have rights to start with. Justification for fighting oppression is rooted in the base rights of humans themselves.
    Stop right there. That's absolute rubbish. Who are you to say what is justification for people wishing to revolt? Our founders wanted the right to representation, a right they did not have, and so they revolted to gain that right.

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •