Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

  1. #61
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    So, let's start taking bets on when Israel attacks Iran to take care of matters for themselves. I'm betting by the end of the year, anyone else in?



    I'll just say that if Israel attacks Iran it will pay a price for having done that.

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I'll just say that if Israel attacks Iran it will pay a price for having done that.
    As you say, Israel can (still) blow Iran out of the water in the same way the US can take China out. But the soft cost would be devastating.

  3. #63
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbler View Post
    No bet.
    The Israelis don't have the means to attack Iran militarily.



    Wrong. Israel can attack Iran and Iran can attack Israel.

  4. #64
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Screw the right-wing Likud party over there. Bunch of damn war-mongers always scared of their own shadow.

    As far as will they strike Iran... not while the U.S. still holds their lea
    sh.



    Don't bet your last dollar on that. Israel will do whatever its government feels is best for Israel.

  5. #65
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    As you say, Israel can (still) blow Iran out of the water in the same way the US can take China out. But the soft cost would be devastating.



    Take a look at how Japan survived having the USA drop 2 nukes on it in WWII.

    Iran is 4 times the size of Japan and has a lot more natural resources.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Take a look at how Japan survived having the USA drop 2 nukes on it in WWII.

    Iran is 4 times the size of Japan and has a lot more natural resources.
    Heya SN. Well Japan did receive a lot of assistance after that.....just sayin. I don't think Iran would get to make the same case if they had it happen to them.

  7. #67
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya SN.
    Well Japan did receive a lot of assistance after that.....just sayin. I don't think Iran would get to make the same case if they had it happen to them.



    Correct. I had thought about that.

    I doubt that Israel would help Iran like the USA helped Japan.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So Pew claims that there are what... 2.5 million muslims in the US? There are other estimates that state there are over 7 million, which is far more than in any European country.
    So Pew is not a reputable source anymore? I think, mr Pete, that you just don't like being proven wrong with facts. If you'd like to use another estimate, please by all means provide a link to the study and clearly state why said estimate is more reliable/better than the Pew study.

    I don't know if you have ever been to the United States, but it is obvious even to the casual traveler that the Muslim presence in Europe is far greater. The Pew research only backs up what is obvious to even a casual observer who has spent any time at all in either country.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post

    LOL seriously... love how you Americans rewrite historical fact to suit your imperial dreams. Albert Einstein was and always will be born German. His ideas and theories o the nuke were done in Germany. And people like Niels Bohr never became American. The reason that the US made the nuke first was, that the scientists from other countries got help and safety to build the damn things in the first place in the US. You were the money men and provided the resources.. the brains came from elsewhere.
    Nobody is re-writing history, calm down Pete. The USA was the first nation to develop the bomb. That's historical fact. You can try to discredit us as much as you want, and you can try to shovel as much of the credit on to Europe as you want, but the fact remains that the United States developed the first nuclear bomb.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post

    Okay lets not assume that Iran has any nukes or wants any nukes. They clearly state that they dont. So what is all the fuss? And considering Israel kidnapped him from another country to put him in a hole where he rots till this day.. come on..



    I dont want Iran to get the bomb either, but if there is one thing I can not stand and that is a double standard. Iran has the right, like any other country to pursue nuclear energy and experimentation on their own soil. Why not bitch about Brazil's ambitions.. they have similar ambitions and yet no one is demanding to see their bed room so to say.
    No, they don't have that "right." Show me legally where they have that right. Is there some kind of UN charter that grants it to them? Developing nukes is not a "right" inherent to every nation, and that's where your argument falls apart.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    No, we have to have clear standards.. All countries must get rid of nukes, and not pursue any nuke technology. Put everyone on an even footing. If one country can have nukes, then all countries can have nukes if they so choose too.. denying countries because you dont like them.. tough ****, that only makes you a bully.
    A bully? Oh no! Not that!

    I would like for every country to give up their nukes but good luck convincing the Chinese, the Russians, the Pakistanis that they need to abandon their weapons. Since that will never happen, let's just deal with the reality of the situation and that is that some nations are always going to have nukes, but that doesn't mean it should be a free-for-all.

    Dear God, what kind of world do you want to live in? Are you seriously saying that every nation should be allowed to develop nukes just because a few of the most powerful already have them? Your world wouldn't last more than a generation, someone would nuke someone else inevitably at some point.

    Non-proliferation is absolutely essential and there is a reason every developed nation in the world wants to keep nukes away from Iran.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post


    It was the President, not the Ayatollah that stated it... big difference. And the relationship between the President and the Ayatollah at the time and since was not that good.
    The mullahs never came out and denounced the president for saying these things so, for all we know, they endorsed them.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The hell you can. Germany or Finland dont attack ships in international waters. We dont use torture or assassination as public policy. And we certainly dont treat one part of our population as Israel does.
    Germany is landlocked, so that would be very difficult for the Germans to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post

    Okay I have 1 trillion dollars.. I want to buy Comcast, or Time Warner... I cant, I aint a US citizen. That kind of crap. I want to buy American Airlines.. I cant, I aint a US citizen. Hell FIAT almost could not buy Chrysler since there were people in Congress that wanted to block it. Look at Hummer when that was sold to Chinese... or when the US military wanted to buy European made tankers...



    Actually it is not owned by Richard Branson. He has 25% of the shares and the remaining are owned by US companies.

    Virgin America says US gov't affirms ownership | Reuters



    So yes, you do not know your own country.



    Bull**** on so many levels. The US has been in favor of it getting access to other markets but restricting access in what it considers key markets in the US. Hell you need special permission now to own a US telecom.. which is an improvement to the max 20% it use too be.
    OK, doesn't the EU ban the import or place heavy tariffs on of a lot of American farm products? Google EU and Chiquita Bananas for example. You place heavy taxes on American produce in order to prop up your own growers. You also ban American meat products.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And France does not extradite people to countries with the death penalty.. deal with it. And not my fault your own media does not go after your government for aiding and hiding convicted terrorists... guess when it is Cubans that die, then it is not terror eh?



    Ohh such a shame.. from a country that has executed mentally handicapped and children... ohh the shame. And he if you knew anything about the case, you would know that it is not as cut and dry as you make it out. There was massive problems with the whole trial and the judge.. well..
    We have dealt with it.... we've respected France's sovereignty and haven't gone in to take Polanski out, even though we easily could if we wanted to. However that doesn't diminish the negative impact the incident has on France - Roman Polanski has done more to harm France's reputation within the United States than the NSA ever will.

    Regardless of how many "problems" you think there were, he still had a 13 year old girl over to his house with the promise of getting her an acting job, he drugged and raped a child, fled from the law, and the French are protecting him.

    Also, the death penalty does not apply to rape cases. The French and everyone else knows that Polanski would only do jail time if he were sent back. However, apparently raping children is OK in France and there shouldn't be any punishment at all.

    Sickening.

  9. #69
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Waiting on the reply to "Germany is landlocked"..................
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Last Seen
    10-14-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,543

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Wrong. Israel can attack Iran and Iran can attack Israel.
    To clarify: Israel does not have the ability to strike and destroy Iranian nuclear facilities, ( which on the face of it, is what the fuss is all about ), or to otherwise damage Iran in any militarily meaningful way. Heck, they ran out of 5.56 nato ammo in their last incursion into southern Lebanon.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •