Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 86

Thread: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

  1. #51
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    Let's be realistic here. If Israel is truly threatened, they have tac-nukes. Not uncommon knowledge, just unspoken. Correct, a long term effective air campaign would be difficult for them. Don't count out them using nukes for this exact reason. An animal backed into a corner will rip you to shreds. An animal with nukes...he'll turn your facilities into glass parking lots, and add one in just as a reminder. Will they use the real scary stuff? No, I think as I stated that they will strictly use tac-warheads. Are those serious? Yes, of course, but they aren't exactly region ending 50MT warheads either. It spares them the risk of ground war, eliminates the possible failure of an air campaign, and it scares the region half to death that Israel has no problem opening up the sky.

    Will Israel use them? I think they'll exhaust all clandestine Mossad options first. They are pretty damn good at what they do. However, Israel knows without the backing of the U.S., sabotage will only work for so long.

    Pre-emptive strike....if I was a bookie, I wouldn't be taking bets against it. Again, they truly feel as though their future is on the line.

    Could this erupt into something worse? Yep. Regional conflict for the next 30 years? Sure. Do I care? Nope. That region has been in some form of tribal warfare topping 4000 years now. Let them have at it.
    I dont see them doing it, as their pre-emptive strike would allow Russia to do the same to them. Or Pakistan altho I dont know if they have the technology to be that surgical (doubt it). Doesnt mean they wont strike.

    And Israel is a very small country....one strike and their homeland is uninhabitable....pretty much the thing they fear the most....no more 'land of their own.' Will they risk that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #52
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I dont see them doing it, as their pre-emptive strike would allow Russia to do the same to them. Or Pakistan altho I dont know if they have the technology to be that surgical (doubt it). Doesnt mean they wont strike.

    And Israel is a very small country....one strike and their homeland is uninhabitable....pretty much the thing they fear the most....no more 'land of their own.' Will they risk that?
    Pretty serious dice roll in their eyes. On one side, you have the potential of (in their eyes) a viable nuclear threat that has previously called for their extermination. On the other side, risk of regional conflict. Toss a coin is the best approach in said situation.

    I don't see Russia getting involved, just posturing. It would behoove Pakistan to stay out, considering India might see it as a regional powerplay. They do not want to start up that **** again, especially with both sides having big red buttons. Could it go regional? Sure. I think the little guys will get involved first though.

    Good point about how small it is. I think that is a huge factor as well, can they risk getting hit once? How about a bio strike?
    Honestly, I'm surprised they have shown this much restraint for as long as they have. It's inevitable though, just when and how are the only variables.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    Pretty serious dice roll in their eyes. On one side, you have the potential of (in their eyes) a viable nuclear threat that has previously called for their extermination. On the other side, risk of regional conflict. Toss a coin is the best approach in said situation.

    I don't see Russia getting involved, just posturing. It would behoove Pakistan to stay out, considering India might see it as a regional powerplay. They do not want to start up that **** again, especially with both sides having big red buttons. Could it go regional? Sure. I think the little guys will get involved first though.

    Good point about how small it is. I think that is a huge factor as well, can they risk getting hit once? How about a bio strike?
    Honestly, I'm surprised they have shown this much restraint for as long as they have. It's inevitable though, just when and how are the only variables.
    Yes, it's a crap shoot. I was mostly responding to your thought that Israel might try something very contained and surgical in Iran. Russia has that capability as well....

    Let's hope they remain restrained. It's a small country with a very fragile desert ecosystem...they have little place to retreat in the case of any attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin Jango. But what deal did we really get. Everything Kerry said was a crock. The Iranians say they will stop enriching to a certain level. So they still will be enriching. There wont be any dismantling of the Iranian Nuclear Program. The Iranians aren't going to let sanctions prevent them.

    What is the real reason behind easing off sanctions? Myself I think it is due to the EU or most of Europe needing that Iranian Oil. Especially the P.I.G.S. and France. Again, the French have Billions tied up all due to these sanctions. It would stand to reason so do others in Europe. So that is just one of the main reasons I can see them doing this.

    Now we have discovered Team Obama has been in secret negotiates with Iran for at least 6 months. Conducted in Oman.

    Do you think Obama should have told someone in the US that he was in these Secret negotiations with Iran? As this goes back before their newly Elected Alleged moderate leader came about.


    The secretiveness and lies bother me, yes. I wish our elected officials and appointed ones would just be straight with us. At any rate, they won't.

    I've said this elsewhere: time will be the test of this deal. It could very well blow up in people's faces. Or it could work out unlike North Korea. But I have a feeling Israel will do something to prevent this deal from seeing maturity.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post


    The secretiveness and lies bother me, yes. I wish our elected officials and appointed ones would just be straight with us. At any rate, they won't.

    I've said this elsewhere: time will be the test of this deal. It could very well blow up in people's faces. Or it could work out unlike North Korea. But I have a feeling Israel will do something to prevent this deal from seeing maturity.
    I don't see how any measures they are coming up with.....makes the Iranians accountable. Now they are being shown that repercussions will be tapered off. So that Europe can get some influx of cash rolling. We will slack off if you promise once again not to go for the bomb. The one that have been working on to get for 30 years.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    That is bull**** and pro-Israeli right wing propaganda. There are more Muslims in the US and UK than Jews. Jews haver far more power political, economically and socially in the US than their actual numbers justify but that is the US. Jews dont have any major influence on British policy, because religion dont matter **** in British politics. And as for Europe having a "large and very vocal" Muslim population.. come on, France aint Europe. Fact is no European nation (EU) has a Muslim population over 10%, with most under 5%. And even in France many of the "vocal" Muslims are not even Muslims, but disenfranchised Christian youth that are pissed over government policy. And even in France, so called Jews have far more influence in politics than Muslims.. you did know that Sarkozy was technically part Jew right? That there have been and I believe are several Jews in key positions.. people dont care about it, because a persons religion aint relevant to most Europeans. I certainly do not care what a persons religion is, that is his/her personal business and as long as it does not influence our interaction and society as a whole... who cares.
    No, this is based on the fact that I'm born in an EU country (Sweden), my passport says EU on it, and I know what I see with my own eyes. There is a large and vocal muslim population in Europe whether you want to admit it or not.

    Yes there is a muslim population in the United States but they are NOT vocal, in fact they are very very quiet. On the other hand, here in the United States the Jewish presence is much stronger.


    [
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Why are they not entitled to nukes? Why does Israel have nukes then? Why do the UK, France, Russia, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea and US have nukes then? You cant make it an exclusive club only for certain nations.. that is hypocrisy. Now I would agree in getting rid of em all, but denying them to other nations while you sit on your own supply is .. well very hypocritical.
    Because being able to kill someone else is not a right. Why does the US have nukes? Because we developed them during WW2, because we needed them to defeat the Japanese, because the US having nukes kept communism from absorbing Europe during the cold war. Why does Russia have nukes? Well I would rather they didn't, but they have nukes because what the hell is anybody going to do about it? They're not giving them up.

    Why does Israel have nukes? First, they've never admitted to having nukes, nor has it ever been shown that they do have them. But even if they did, Israel needs them to defend itself. It's a small country surrounded by hostile nations who have, in the past, ganged up and attacked it. Israel needs it as a deterrent. I don't see the same justification from Iran.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Listen, I dont trust the Mullahs or any religious based nutjobs anywhere, but what track record are you talking about? Iran has not attacked any nation for centuries. Is it their support of their fellow Shai across the Arab world that you are complaining about?
    When your president calls the US the "great satan" and calls for Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth, that kind of makes the world community lose trust in you a little bit. Kind of makes people think of them as irresponsible and hot-headed.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Nope, but I dont feel safe now with a paranoid nuclear Israel either. Why not deal with them as well then? I really worry about Israel attacking other countries, both with conventional weapons and certainly with nukes.
    You worry based on what?


    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Nuclear any country is unacceptable, but that is not the point. Europe, Russia and America are on behalf of Israel and their Sunni allies saying.. no to Iran because we dont like you then you are not allowed to use nuclear power and make nukes with in your own country, but we are... seriously? That is like saying to children you are not allowed to smoke while you are sucking away at 3 cigs.. come on..
    I would love it if every country in the world gave up their nukes. I doubt it will happen though.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Been in the works for years and was put on semi hold thanks to this and your shut down. Something about US trade negotiators not being able to buy plane tickets and hotel rooms..
    LOL. That's pretty funny, and sad, and somewhat pathetic.



    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post

    Oh they will huff and puff and there will be consequences in the short term.. the US will have to give something up in various negotiations. And if the EU parliament gets its way, then information sharing with the US will be seriously limited now. They basically want to treat the US the same way the US treats us when we ask for information or access ... ignore ignore delay.
    Why would the US give up any more than they otherwise would have?

    Also, ignore ignore delay is what we get already from the Europeans. What's the name of that child raping pedophile who France won't extradite.... Roman Polanski.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"
    This is not a "mistake." This is a direct betrayal.

  8. #58
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    No, this is based on the fact that I'm born in an EU country (Sweden), my passport says EU on it, and I know what I see with my own eyes. There is a large and vocal muslim population in Europe whether you want to admit it or not.
    And relative to their size they have next to no political influence or candidates and dont go to the polls. You do realize there are often more Muslim politicians in the US congress than there are in many European parliaments right? And regardless, the % of the population of Muslims is still very low, even in Sweden. Their "vocal" aspect comes from the fact that many of the muslims are refugees and they get into the media a lot in mostly negative stories and it is always sensationalist when a "funny looking" with a strange name commits a crime against a white. You have the same problem in the US.. a white kid is the victim of a crime by a black kid and it is all over the news, and if it had been a black kid from a bad area... nothing... relatively speaking.

    Yes there is a muslim population in the United States but they are NOT vocal, in fact they are very very quiet. On the other hand, here in the United States the Jewish presence is much stronger.
    They are very quite.. yea because they are afraid of their lives. Same reason the Sikh communities are on red alert constantly. And also many of the "muslims" are in fact African Americans who are in or have been in jail and hence are out of the political discourse.

    Because being able to kill someone else is not a right. Why does the US have nukes? Because we developed them during WW2, because we needed them to defeat the Japanese, because the US having nukes kept communism from absorbing Europe during the cold war. Why does Russia have nukes? Well I would rather they didn't, but they have nukes because what the hell is anybody going to do about it? They're not giving them up.
    "We" developed them is a bit of a stretch.. you took scientists and theories from European countries and they made the bomb for you. Had it not been for German/Austrian, Danish and British scientists, then you would never have gotten the nuke.. or the jet, or radar, or minesweeping tanks, tanks that can float and so on and so on.

    Why does Israel have nukes? First, they've never admitted to having nukes, nor has it ever been shown that they do have them. But even if they did, Israel needs them to defend itself. It's a small country surrounded by hostile nations who have, in the past, ganged up and attacked it. Israel needs it as a deterrent. I don't see the same justification from Iran.
    Oh you dont see Iran needing nukes as a deterrent? Iran has been attacked by other nations almost as much as Israel has and is under the very same threat as Israel from even more countries.

    Listen I dont like the mullahs, but the Iranian people have been far more peaceful for far longer than Israel has even existed.

    As for Israel not admitting nukes.. well when they put a whistleblower in prison for life for exposing their nuclear program, that is kinda like admitting it.

    When your president calls the US the "great satan" and calls for Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth, that kind of makes the world community lose trust in you a little bit. Kind of makes people think of them as irresponsible and hot-headed.
    So when your president calls you part of the axis of evil, then what is that? Sorry but we can play this game on and on. Plus that was the ex-president (in both cases) and is not relevant on today. And the translation of what he said has always been in doubt. And you talk about trust... I dont trust the Iranian regime, but I also dont trust the Israeli regime... because both have done nothing to earn that trust and in many cases the direct opposite.

    You worry based on what?
    Lets see.. attacking unarmed ships in the Med. Its treatment of Palestinians. Its use of torture and assassinations as an official policy world wide. Its aggressive actions against its neighbours and of course the imprisonment of its own citizens who do not agree with official policy. The amount of times it has gone back on its promises. Its breaking of international law... the list is very long.

    I would love it if every country in the world gave up their nukes. I doubt it will happen though.
    I agree.

    LOL. That's pretty funny, and sad, and somewhat pathetic.
    Yep, and the fact that it made the news here is even more sad.

    Why would the US give up any more than they otherwise would have?
    It is access. Right now the US has unprecedented access to Europe and other countries around the world and in many cases it has better access to European countries than European countries have to the US. That can and will now change. There was a push for it among the fringe for a long while, but now even the mainstream parties are talking about it. A good example is on airlines. American companies are allowed to own European airlines and fly between European cities. European carriers are not allowed to own fully American airlines or fly planes between US cities (unless it is say London > New York > LA route).

    Also, ignore ignore delay is what we get already from the Europeans. What's the name of that child raping pedophile who France won't extradite.... Roman Polanski.
    That is France, and they do not extradite to countries with the death penalty and it has been like that for donkey years. Remove the death penalty and you can have him. But I will raise you a child raping pedophile with a mass murdering terrorist being protected by the US.... or are 78 latino lives worth less than one white girl?
    PeteEU

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And relative to their size they have next to no political influence or candidates and dont go to the polls. You do realize there are often more Muslim politicians in the US congress than there are in many European parliaments right? And regardless, the % of the population of Muslims is still very low, even in Sweden. Their "vocal" aspect comes from the fact that many of the muslims are refugees and they get into the media a lot in mostly negative stories and it is always sensationalist when a "funny looking" with a strange name commits a crime against a white. You have the same problem in the US.. a white kid is the victim of a crime by a black kid and it is all over the news, and if it had been a black kid from a bad area... nothing... relatively speaking.
    According to Pew Research, Muslims make up less than one percent (0.8% to be exact) of the American population.

    On the other hand, muslims make up a full six percent of the population of Europe. Muslims make up 5% of the population of Germany, 7.5% of the population of France, and 4.6% of the population of the United Kingdom.

    Those are the numbers. The difference is quite noticeable when you travel.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post

    They are very quite.. yea because they are afraid of their lives. Same reason the Sikh communities are on red alert constantly. And also many of the "muslims" are in fact African Americans who are in or have been in jail and hence are out of the political discourse.
    I think I've shown that the Muslim community is relatively quiet in the United States because it is relatively smaller than in Europe, and more spread out due to the natural geography of the United States.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    "We" developed them is a bit of a stretch.. you took scientists and theories from European countries and they made the bomb for you. Had it not been for German/Austrian, Danish and British scientists, then you would never have gotten the nuke.. or the jet, or radar, or minesweeping tanks, tanks that can float and so on and so on.
    Again, you are delving in to hypotheticals. The fact is that they did come, and the USA did develop the nuclear bomb first. I'm not discounting the role European immigrants played in the Manhattan Project, however the second Albert Einstein and company defected to the United States, they became Americans. We're a nation of immigrants, after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post

    Oh you dont see Iran needing nukes as a deterrent? Iran has been attacked by other nations almost as much as Israel has and is under the very same threat as Israel from even more countries.

    Listen I dont like the mullahs, but the Iranian people have been far more peaceful for far longer than Israel has even existed.

    As for Israel not admitting nukes.. well when they put a whistleblower in prison for life for exposing their nuclear program, that is kinda like admitting it.
    First, Israel has not admitted to having nukes, and while we may speculate that they have them, let's not assume it as a fact. We don't know. And no, putting a whistleblower in prison does not constitute definitive evidence because we don't know the whole story there.

    Second, it's not just me that doesn't want Iran to get the bomb. It's your own beloved EU. Even the Russians and the Chinese. There isn't a country in Europe, at least that I'm aware of, that takes the position that Iran should be able to develop that weapon. Not one.

    So you're on your own with that opinion. Perhaps you share it with some radical Islamic types, that's about it.

    Ask yourself why that is. Why does the whole world agree that Iran shouldn't get the bomb? Because Iran is not a stable country, and we're not talking about handing candy out to children.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So when your president calls you part of the axis of evil, then what is that? Sorry but we can play this game on and on. Plus that was the ex-president (in both cases) and is not relevant on today. And the translation of what he said has always been in doubt. And you talk about trust... I dont trust the Iranian regime, but I also dont trust the Israeli regime... because both have done nothing to earn that trust and in many cases the direct opposite.
    It's relevant because the same Imam rules Iran. The President of Iran is not the leader of that country.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Lets see.. attacking unarmed ships in the Med. Its treatment of Palestinians. Its use of torture and assassinations as an official policy world wide. Its aggressive actions against its neighbours and of course the imprisonment of its own citizens who do not agree with official policy. The amount of times it has gone back on its promises. Its breaking of international law... the list is very long.
    Each one of these incidents can be explained, and you could come up with an equally dirty laundry list for any Western power.





    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    It is access. Right now the US has unprecedented access to Europe and other countries around the world and in many cases it has better access to European countries than European countries have to the US. That can and will now change. There was a push for it among the fringe for a long while, but now even the mainstream parties are talking about it. A good example is on airlines. American companies are allowed to own European airlines and fly between European cities. European carriers are not allowed to own fully American airlines or fly planes between US cities (unless it is say London > New York > LA route).
    I'm certain the US imports more from the EU than the EU imports from the US, however I haven't researched it. We can look it up if you want. So I'm not sure what you're talking about access.

    Also, I've personally flown Virgin airlines, which is owned by the UK billionaire Richard Branson, on domestic flights. Example, I've flown from Dallas to New York on Virgin. So I'm not certain why you think there is some sort of embargo against Europeans owning and operating airlines in the United States but I assure you that isn't the case. Something must have been lost in translation.

    I'm sure the EU wants better terms of trade for itself, just like I'm sure the USA wants better terms for itself. That's kind of how the process of negotiation works. Usually neither side really "wins" and both sides have to compromise something.

    Traditionally, the USA has been more in favor of free and open trade (less restriction) while the EU has been more protective of its trade bloc. I doubt that has changed very much since the last time I paid attention though, admittedly, that was a few years ago.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    That is France, and they do not extradite to countries with the death penalty and it has been like that for donkey years. Remove the death penalty and you can have him. But I will raise you a child raping pedophile with a mass murdering terrorist being protected by the US.... or are 78 latino lives worth less than one white girl?
    I have no idea who you are talking about. However, Polanski was an American citizen who broke American law while on American soil. The French have no right to hold him or to demand that the US change its domestic laws.

    France still bears the shame of protecting and enabling a child rapist. That is quite a stain on their reputation.

  10. #60
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Israel calls Iran Nuclear deal a "historic mistake"

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    According to Pew Research, Muslims make up less than one percent (0.8% to be exact) of the American population.

    On the other hand, muslims make up a full six percent of the population of Europe. Muslims make up 5% of the population of Germany, 7.5% of the population of France, and 4.6% of the population of the United Kingdom.

    Those are the numbers. The difference is quite noticeable when you travel.
    So Pew claims that there are what... 2.5 million muslims in the US? There are other estimates that state there are over 7 million, which is far more than in any European country.

    I think I've shown that the Muslim community is relatively quiet in the United States because it is relatively smaller than in Europe, and more spread out due to the natural geography of the United States.
    It is not as spread out as you might think. Muslims, like all minorities in the US, tend to live in the same areas around the country. But most of the Muslim populations in Europe are also quite and that is something you seem to ignore. All you focus on, is the minority who once in a while join anarchists and other fringe groups in doing violent demonstrations.

    Again, you are delving in to hypotheticals. The fact is that they did come, and the USA did develop the nuclear bomb first. I'm not discounting the role European immigrants played in the Manhattan Project, however the second Albert Einstein and company defected to the United States, they became Americans. We're a nation of immigrants, after all.
    LOL seriously... love how you Americans rewrite historical fact to suit your imperial dreams. Albert Einstein was and always will be born German. His ideas and theories o the nuke were done in Germany. And people like Niels Bohr never became American. The reason that the US made the nuke first was, that the scientists from other countries got help and safety to build the damn things in the first place in the US. You were the money men and provided the resources.. the brains came from elsewhere.

    First, Israel has not admitted to having nukes, and while we may speculate that they have them, let's not assume it as a fact. We don't know. And no, putting a whistleblower in prison does not constitute definitive evidence because we don't know the whole story there.
    Okay lets not assume that Iran has any nukes or wants any nukes. They clearly state that they dont. So what is all the fuss? And considering Israel kidnapped him from another country to put him in a hole where he rots till this day.. come on..

    Second, it's not just me that doesn't want Iran to get the bomb. It's your own beloved EU. Even the Russians and the Chinese. There isn't a country in Europe, at least that I'm aware of, that takes the position that Iran should be able to develop that weapon. Not one.
    I dont want Iran to get the bomb either, but if there is one thing I can not stand and that is a double standard. Iran has the right, like any other country to pursue nuclear energy and experimentation on their own soil. Why not bitch about Brazil's ambitions.. they have similar ambitions and yet no one is demanding to see their bed room so to say.

    No, we have to have clear standards.. All countries must get rid of nukes, and not pursue any nuke technology. Put everyone on an even footing. If one country can have nukes, then all countries can have nukes if they so choose too.. denying countries because you dont like them.. tough ****, that only makes you a bully.

    Ask yourself why that is. Why does the whole world agree that Iran shouldn't get the bomb? Because Iran is not a stable country, and we're not talking about handing candy out to children.
    Not a stable country? It is far more stable than other countries that have nukes.... including Israel. Seriously what more excuses can you think off. And any instability comes from largely outside influences.

    It's relevant because the same Imam rules Iran. The President of Iran is not the leader of that country.
    It was the President, not the Ayatollah that stated it... big difference. And the relationship between the President and the Ayatollah at the time and since was not that good.

    Each one of these incidents can be explained, and you could come up with an equally dirty laundry list for any Western power.
    The hell you can. Germany or Finland dont attack ships in international waters. We dont use torture or assassination as public policy. And we certainly dont treat one part of our population as Israel does.

    I'm certain the US imports more from the EU than the EU imports from the US, however I haven't researched it. We can look it up if you want. So I'm not sure what you're talking about access.
    Okay I have 1 trillion dollars.. I want to buy Comcast, or Time Warner... I cant, I aint a US citizen. That kind of crap. I want to buy American Airlines.. I cant, I aint a US citizen. Hell FIAT almost could not buy Chrysler since there were people in Congress that wanted to block it. Look at Hummer when that was sold to Chinese... or when the US military wanted to buy European made tankers...

    Also, I've personally flown Virgin airlines, which is owned by the UK billionaire Richard Branson, on domestic flights. Example, I've flown from Dallas to New York on Virgin. So I'm not certain why you think there is some sort of embargo against Europeans owning and operating airlines in the United States but I assure you that isn't the case. Something must have been lost in translation.
    Actually it is not owned by Richard Branson. He has 25% of the shares and the remaining are owned by US companies.

    Virgin America says US gov't affirms ownership | Reuters

    Virgin America unveiled a fresh set of investors to regulators that would enable it to remain in compliance with the requirement that a U.S. airline be 75 percent controlled by American shareholders.
    So yes, you do not know your own country.

    Traditionally, the USA has been more in favor of free and open trade (less restriction) while the EU has been more protective of its trade bloc. I doubt that has changed very much since the last time I paid attention though, admittedly, that was a few years ago.
    Bull**** on so many levels. The US has been in favor of it getting access to other markets but restricting access in what it considers key markets in the US. Hell you need special permission now to own a US telecom.. which is an improvement to the max 20% it use too be.

    I have no idea who you are talking about. However, Polanski was an American citizen who broke American law while on American soil. The French have no right to hold him or to demand that the US change its domestic laws.
    And France does not extradite people to countries with the death penalty.. deal with it. And not my fault your own media does not go after your government for aiding and hiding convicted terrorists... guess when it is Cubans that die, then it is not terror eh?

    France still bears the shame of protecting and enabling a child rapist. That is quite a stain on their reputation.
    Ohh such a shame.. from a country that has executed mentally handicapped and children... ohh the shame. And he if you knew anything about the case, you would know that it is not as cut and dry as you make it out. There was massive problems with the whole trial and the judge.. well..
    PeteEU

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •