Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 522

Thread: US, Iran nuclear deal spurs bipartisan concern in Congress

  1. #201
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    YOU brought up the election, not me. And it was only a few minutes ago.
    Nah... I was responding to you butthurting about Obama off topic then too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #202
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,150

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Iran funds Hezbollah. They!ve been waging war for 20 years.
    iran is NOT hezbollah
    how many organizations has the US funded, which organizations then engaged in warfare
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #203
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    In this agreement that you hate so much, Iran has to neutralize their uranium enriched to 20%. This is even more of your argument funneling down the drain.
    I love the statement "In this agreement" does N Korea mean anything to you. Naive comes to mind. This agreement is ideal for Iran, it gave up nothing, first liberal France of all countries bagged the first agreement that was so bad it would not agree with it. Yet Obama and clan would have agreed to it. Now we have an agreement that liberal France would agree too. Iran, yet again snookers Obama.

    Iran for decades has followed the N Korea plan, "In this agreement" what a joke.

    Chronology of U.S.-North Korean Nuclear and Missile Diplomacy | Arms Control Association

    Here is how it's done, first you don't need a ****ing agreement. You tell Iran, you do exactly what we want, then a year latter after they have done what we want we make our first step in loosing sanctions. That is just how simple it is. Iran has played Obama for a fool.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  4. #204
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,558

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Post #82...where I tagged...YOU...
    this one:

    The deal valls for a 6 month break in advances of their nuclear program. That's long enough to re-provision and get their hands on some of their frozen cash, and in 6 months they'll give us the finger and pick up where they left off--if they actually halt progress.
    It would have been easier just to have posted that you don't think the deal lasts long enough.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Nah... I was responding to you butthurting about Obama off topic then too.
    Im sure that was it.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    iran is NOT hezbollah
    how many organizations has the US funded, which organizations then engaged in warfare
    It largely is. Iran is the worlds largest state sponsor of terrorism. Whats hard here?

  7. #207
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    I don't know where you have received your information but it is incorrect. Most reactors do not use MOX, it is an alternative fuel that is proposed as a competitive product to LEU. It is used in thermal reactors and proposed for use in fast reactors, it is not used in light water reactors which continue to use LEU. Also according to the deal "Iran will stop enriching uranium beyond 5%, and "neutralise" its stockpile of uranium enriched beyond this point" as well as "Dilute below 5% or convert to a form not suitable for further enrichment its entire stockpile of near-20% enriched uranium before the end of the initial phase."

    BBC News - Iran nuclear deal makes Mid-East safer place - Kerry
    Fact Sheet: First Step Understandings Regarding the Islamic Republic of Iran

    I hope that information helps.

    I've already read the BBC link and much more.

    First, there is NO GOOD REASON for the construction of a light water reactor that DOESN'T USE MOX over a Boiling water reactor, as a first choice for nuclear power generation except the production of WEAPONS GRADE PLUTONIUM that's processed and removed from spent nuclear fuel rods.

    Second, there is a push for existing reactors to switch over to MOX because it removes weapons grade plutonium from the world stock piles after Nuclear weapon decommissions and it's non-practical to remove highly enriched Plutonium from MOX waste.

    Third, your'e taking the word of a rogue Theocratic dictatorship over common sense for some reason. I expect your motivation is political.

    It would take a incredibly naive individual to assume that after years of unfettered uranium enrichment, they haven't achieved enough highly enriched uranium to build several weapons.

    The average size of the plutonium-gallium alloy nuclear " PIT " of a WW2 era atomic weapon was a perfect sphere, 4 inches in diameter and with a weight of around 16 pounds.

    Those " PIT's" were then used as Nuclear triggers to initiate the nuclei Fusion of the two Hydrogen Isotopes, Tritium and Deuterium in Multi stage Thermal weapon.


    So, pardon if I chose not to take YOUR word or the word of a dictatorship that's been ignoring the rest of the world for years.
    Last edited by Fenton; 11-24-13 at 04:22 PM.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  8. #208
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Yes you are. That's exactly what Murdoch news faboi's do. Meanwhile this deal gets inspectors in to verify rather than taking anyone's word for it.



    A deal you haven't read so you just throw "I hate it" bombs just because it didn't happen at the behest of a republican. that is all.

    Murdoch ? LOL !!

    And I'm the Conspiracy Nut ?
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  9. #209
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Murdoch ? LOL !!

    And I'm the Conspiracy Nut ?
    Yes. Yes you are. And recognizing the problem is the first step towards fixing it. Good for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #210
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,150

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    thank you for your cite. now let's read the last line:
    Implementation of the agreement was troubled from the start, but its key elements were being implemented until it effectively broke down in 2003.
    [emphasis added by bubba]
    now tell us, who exactly was the "libbo" president in 2003 who allowed the agreement to be ignored by the north koreans. it was your side which failed to assure NK lived up to the agreement ... an agreement which had been effective until the republican president allowed the north koreans to deviate from its compliance

    you want to whine about Obama effecting a workable agreement which prevents the iranian development of nuclear weaponry, but you are remarkably silent about the republican predecessor who allowed the north koreans the opportunity to go nuclear

    the hypocrisy of your posts match the ignorance found within them
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •