Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 522

Thread: US, Iran nuclear deal spurs bipartisan concern in Congress

  1. #171
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,807

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, you do need fuel...so, what?

    Iran has enough uranium for 5 bombs: expert
    Does no good if they cannot enrich it to weapons grade. And that flat out kills your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #172
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,807

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Jeez you people need to educate yourselves. Just in general.

    Modern Nuclear Fuel is called " MOX" fuel, and no, you don't need centrifuges to make it. Fuel used for nuclear power runs from 3 to 5 % enrichment. Part of the "agreement" was that IRAN stop enriching fuel past 20 %.

    THEY ARE MAKING HIGHLY ENRICHED URANIUM FOR THE PURPOSE OF BUILDING A WEAPON.

    If they can build the "PIT" of a atomic weapon, then they can also isolate the two Hydrogen isotopes ( Tritium and deuterium ) needed to build a fusion weapon.

    What the US and Israel has been trying to stop ( prior to millions of idiots electing a Jr Senator based on empty platitudes ) is the next Nuclear arms race, and it's people like you who elect politicians like Obama....and Kerry that will enable the most unstable part of our planet to acquire Hydrogen weapons.

    Hope your'e proud of yourself.
    I like how you say people need to educate themselves then you google up a cut and paste as if you got a doctorite in nuclear physics.

    Let me clue you in on something you clearly don't know... this agreement has Iran stopping enriching beyond 5%. Not 20%. Looks like you nuked your own argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #173
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,227

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Wrong. This is what the deal provides:

    Halt all uranium enrichment above 5% purity
    Not install or use any next-generation centrifuges to enrich uranium
    Neutralise its stockpile of near-20% uranium
    Halt further advances of its activities at the heavy-water plant at Arak and halt progress on its plutonium track
    Increased monitoring by IAEA inspectors, including daily access at Natanz and Fordow nuclear sites
    Provide IAEA access to centrifuge assembly facilities, uranium mines and mills
    Provide more frequent inspector access to the Arak reactor

    spin all you want. This is good news. And as far as your other post with an "expert" claming how Iran has enough urnanium for x amount of bombs. It does no good if its not enriched to a high level which they cannot do in this deal so that's enough of that bullcrap talk too.
    It's only for six-months. The reason the Iranians cut a deal, is because they already have fuel enough for multiple weapons.

    Obama knows this deal is crap; that's why it was signed at 3am on a sunday morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #174
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Wrong. This is what the deal provides:

    Halt all uranium enrichment above 5% purity
    Not install or use any next-generation centrifuges to enrich uranium
    Neutralise its stockpile of near-20% uranium
    Halt further advances of its activities at the heavy-water plant at Arak and halt progress on its plutonium track
    Increased monitoring by IAEA inspectors, including daily access at Natanz and Fordow nuclear sites
    Provide IAEA access to centrifuge assembly facilities, uranium mines and mills
    Provide more frequent inspector access to the Arak reactor

    spin all you want. This is good news. And as far as your other post with an "expert" claming how Iran has enough urnanium for x amount of bombs. It does no good if its not enriched to a high level which they cannot do in this deal so that's enough of that bullcrap talk too.
    It's good to be optimistic so long as we are not blind. I think that when a country agrees to make concessions and come to the table, we need to take that seriously. The alternative is to say that coming to the table is what we want, but then practice something entirely different when a country comes to the table.

    Let's be optimistic, but I think rightly skeptical. The months ahead will show whether Iran is serious or simply buying time. Both countries understand that the status quo leads to only one place...hostility.

  5. #175
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,227

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Does no good if they cannot enrich it to weapons grade. And that flat out kills your argument.
    That means the fuel has already been enriched...duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #176
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The only thing the Iranians lack is a detonation system.
    and uranium at the required concentration
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  7. #177
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,213

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    The agreement was that Iran stop enriching uranium past 5% as far as I could see, moreover you usually do need to enrich uranium for light water reactors which is what makes it so easy for Iran to obfuscate on its nuclear program.

    Actually NO, they have to " Neutralize their stockpile of uranium enriched to 20% "..

    They were developing weapons grade uranium and this entire "deal" is predicated on the assumption that they're not lying outright about what they actually possess.

    And no your wrong, most Nuclear facilities NOW use MOX fuel now which allows for a negative coefficient operation. It's made with extremely small amounts of plutonium recovered from decommissioned Nuclear Weapons actually removes weapons grade Plutonium from the worlds plutonium stock piles.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  8. #178
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Actually NO, they have to " Neutralize their stockpile of uranium enriched to 20% "..

    They were developing weapons grade uranium and this entire "deal" is predicated on the assumption that they're not lying outright about what they actually possess.

    And no your wrong, most Nuclear facilities NOW use MOX fuel now which allows for a negative coefficient operation. It's made with extremely small amounts of plutonium recovered from decommissioned Nuclear Weapons actually removes weapons grade Plutonium from the worlds plutonium stock piles.
    20% is not weapons grade uranium. It is enough for the medical isotope reactor they have. But nowhere near good enough for weapons
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  9. #179
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,213

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    and uranium at the required concentration
    You're hilarious.

    I can't believe the amount of Libs who are taking Iran's word for it. If a poor communist dictatorship with a silly looking troll doll for a ruler could lie and build a nuclear weapon, don't you think IRAN could do the same ?

    You have NO CLUE what IRAN possesses. It's what make this deal such an absolute joke.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  10. #180
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,227

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Iran, 6 world powers reach deal on Iranian nuclear program

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    and uranium at the required concentration
    There's no evidence that they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •