Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 519

Thread: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Anyone in the United States Military who violates the UCMJ will pay a price for their lack of self control.
    As it should be IMO.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Anyone in the United States Military who violates the UCMJ will pay a price for their lack of self control.
    No one ever said they wouldn't.

  3. #83
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why is a pregnancy such a big problem, just give her maternity leave and then have her come back, like any other job.
    It's not like any other job, Chris. When you lose a person on a deployment that reduces your combat efficiency and puts every other person in danger. It has the exact same effect on your combat power as a KIA. If WalMart loses a good manager for a couple months of maternity leave, KMart doesn't get to kill two associates, but Al-Qaeda does. This isn't like your job - in the infantry you sleep together, bathe together, train together, relax together, you're together 24 hours a day, face-to-face proximity, while people are actively trying to kill you. You stay alive when you operate seamlessly as a team, a team that is usually closer than your family. That's why I point out that individual qualifications are irrelevant except inasmuch as they speak to your ability to help the team operate as a team. I'd rather have a mediocre machine gunner who was great at building morale among his fellows than an uber-competent Rambo who introduced tensions into the group any day of the week. Because the first guy doesn't detract from our ability to operate as a team.

    Why would court martials be necessary? It's not a permanent condition.
    Because A) it reduces combat power, thereby putting other peoples' lives at risk and B) it marks a breakdown in good order and discipline, which the military requires in order to keep from turning into an armed mob.

  4. #84
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why do you claim they're dying because of women? That's silly. Post some evidence of this actually happening.
    You die when you lose the ability to operate as a team, and you die when the combat power of your unit and your support units is degraded. That's why everyone who has been there, been part of the infantry, and has posted on this forum about this subject, shares pretty much the same opinion. Women in the infantry are a distraction - distractions reduce your ability to focus on mission - reduced ability to focus on mission means degraded performance - degraded performance means higher casualties.

    They don't do stuff like this because it's Thursday, they do it because it's becoming such a problem that you have to get a General Officer involved.


    Tell me, Chris. Why do you think that the infantry veterans here all come back with the stories and claims of "yeah, when they brought out females it really effected the unit in negative ways", if that is not true. Are we all making it up?

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I understand that theory, but they are supposed to be self-disciplined. In that case, if I was the enemy, I'd just send a bunch of hot women in bikinis or even nude and could win the war.
    I really don't think you understand. Recruiting young men with certain traits has been a practice for centuries and while we are no longer recruiting young boys to start training we are still recruiting an age group young enough to instill the desirable mindset. What you are dealing with here is not simply theory at this point, but something that is tried and true and known to create the best warriors.

  6. #86
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,337

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    It's not like any other job, Chris. When you lose a person on a deployment that reduces your combat efficiency and puts every other person in danger. It has the exact same effect on your combat power as a KIA. If WalMart loses a good manager for a couple months of maternity leave, KMart doesn't get to kill two associates, but Al-Qaeda does. This isn't like your job - in the infantry you sleep together, bathe together, train together, relax together, you're together 24 hours a day, face-to-face proximity, while people are actively trying to kill you. You stay alive when you operate seamlessly as a team, a team that is usually closer than your family. That's why I point out that individual qualifications are irrelevant except inasmuch as they speak to your ability to help the team operate as a team. I'd rather have a mediocre machine gunner who was great at building morale among his fellows than an uber-competent Rambo who introduced tensions into the group any day of the week. Because the first guy doesn't detract from our ability to operate as a team.



    Because A) it reduces combat power, thereby putting other peoples' lives at risk and B) it marks a breakdown in good order and discipline, which the military requires in order to keep from turning into an armed mob.
    I was wondering how feeding a baby on the front lines in a combat situation thousands of miles from home might work out! Will nannies be hired?

    Greetings, cpwill.

  7. #87
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I was wondering how feeding a baby on the front lines in a combat situation thousands of miles from home might work out! Will nannies be hired?

    Greetings, cpwill.
    Hey Polgara.


    Women who become pregnant have the option to just get out of their contract (leave the military alltogether) or simply not be in a deployed status. This creates a significant problem for the mixed-gender units, as it is not uncommon for females to become pregnant in order to avoid deployment, leaving the unit less capable of fulfilling its mission. You can't admit that that's what you did, so you claim the pregnancy was unintended.

    Which is why "unplanned pregnancies" in the military are 50% higher than they are in the civilian world

    "Overall, 11 percent of female service personnel scheduled to ship out were not able to in the previous year because of a pregnancy."

    Taking 11% casualties before you even step out the door is friggin catastrophic.
    Last edited by cpwill; 11-26-13 at 12:11 PM.

  8. #88
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Really now, you laughed? Do you really think that lowering the standards makes for a stronger unit?
    Today's world requires a smarter military than it did in the past. Wars are not fought the same way that they were in the 1940's and 50's. Getting rid of the lower intelligence in the military absolutely strengthens our military.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #89
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Today's world requires a smarter military than it did in the past. Wars are not fought the same way that they were in the 1940's and 50's. Getting rid of the lower intelligence in the military absolutely strengthens our military.
    Then aren't we fortunate that our military today is both smarter and more educated than at any time in our history .

  10. #90
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    They're gonna make the women wear Pull-Ups?

    night_time.jpg


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •