Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 519

Thread: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

  1. #431
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    In the extreme desire to personally bring me down, you guys are contradicting everything you wrote about men in the military versus women. Do you grasp that? You are claiming the male soldiers and Marines you insist upon don't exist, can't exist, nor does the military need nor care. That's common on DP. People totally contradicting themselves due to personal conflict on an issue with another member.

  2. #432
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    They couldn't replace her because that is not how the military works. For the most part the military deploys as units. So if you were not part of the unit when it deploys it is unlikely you will deploy. For the most part the military doesn't do the individual replacement thing like they did in nam
    "Don't" and "can't" are not the same, are they?

  3. #433
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Going to war without women in combat arms is like going deer hunting without your accordion

  4. #434
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Thanks for wasting my time with another false message. I looked up the weapons Marines carried.

    This included the M16A4 - which is NOT full auto, though does allow 3 round burst. A 3 round burst is NOT FULL auto - so were just outright WRONG. The Marines also use the SAM-R, which is semi-auto. They are also issued the DMR M40A1 & M40A3 Sniper Rifles M82A1A & M82A3 & M107 Sniper Rifles - not full autos.

    You're just another person claiming to know everything and sneering facts that are just outright false. You claim that Marines only have full autos and that Marines never have semi-autos is just false, false, false. I felt I was wasting my time checking but did. Any more false crap you want to post?

    So we now have our "knowledgeable" veterans declaring that military rifles are incapable of being used as hunting rifles and Marines never have semi-auto rifles. You guys are a real trip, you know that?
    Wow really. You said he carried a semi auto. Burst or auto is not semi auto they are select fire. The rest you listed are sniper rifles which regular infantry squads do not carry. Look up their MTOE. The SAM R uses a standard m16 lower which guess what it is select fire. Let's just say that some how they did come up with one sniper weapon that infantry squads are not issued there is no way they would have more than one. Let's go one more just for fun you let's say they are carrying the 107. You said they were not getting resupplied so just where we're they finding extra 50 cal rounds to replace the ones they were using. I never said Marines don't have semi auto weapons I said a infantry grunt straight out of basic is not being issued a sniper weapon. You seem to think marines just walk into the arms room and just grab whatever weapon they like. Every conventional unit has a break down of what weapons they have available to them and the military doesn't make a habit of giving people things they are not qualified to use and as far as the military is conserned if you don't have formal military training it doesn't count.
    You can be the worlds greatest long range shot but if you are not in a duty position that qualifies a sniper gun you are not getting one. you don't seam to realize just how regimented and regulated the military is. A typical mistake of people who have no clue how the military works

    So how about that deal. I prove I am a SF Sniper and you admit you are full of it.
    Last edited by braindrain; 11-28-13 at 03:25 AM.
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  5. #435
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Like about everyone, I know many people in the military or who were. My daughter is trying to enlist in the Air Force at this time, waiting for the physical. She is not well suited for direct frontline combat. She would be a huge asset to the military, as she is recognized as a huge asset to any organization she involves with and is pushed to the top.

    Of all I've known, I've only known one that I would feel fully confident that he and a dozen men like him could be left in any remote area only with what they could carry, and not only survive but be a very effective pro-active aggressive engagement combat unit - and that is the Marine I have written about. No one who knew him doubted he would fly thru boot camp with easy and be exactly what the Marines want and need.

    I'm a tough guy. But then that's most my life history my whole life until recently, like it or not. Few men I fear. But if I had to make a run for it thru the massive tracts of natural preserve lands around here, he is the one person I would not want after me. He did basically that his entire life from his childhood. It was his thing, what he did. He's not big nor bulky, but all of him is toughness for his size, skilled and trained. He's smart. I'd put the odd at 90%-10% that he'd hunt me down and kill me. The only reason I put my odds at 10% is because he wouldn't be hunting me down, we'd be hunting each other and I might get lucky.

    I fail to grasp - with all the furious claim of male prowlness compared to women - that total disbelief that such young men exist OR that the military - and specifically the Marines - would not spot and use such a man.

    IF what is being declared, that the military is like the United Auto Worker's Union for which assignment and advancement is based singularly on seniority and random drawing of names, then the military is totally screwed up. However, I don't believe that is how the military works at all - only that is how it works for average service members who neither excel at anything or fail at anything.

    Back on topic, if CPWILL is correct and the military only operates in massive units numbering in the thousands that all stick together at all times? I can see no reason for women not to be in such massed collective "combat" units at all.

  6. #436
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Females don't belong in the military anyway.
    Not unless females are forced to serve in all militarys everywhere, just to keep it fair. Maybe quota systems should be put in place before any battle begins.

  7. #437
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Like about everyone, I know many people in the military or who were. My daughter is trying to enlist in the Air Force at this time, waiting for the physical. She is not well suited for direct frontline combat. She would be a huge asset to the military, as she is recognized as a huge asset to any organization she involves with and is pushed to the top.

    Of all I've known, I've only known one that I would feel fully confident that he and a dozen men like him could be left in any remote area only with what they could carry, and not only survive but be a very effective pro-active aggressive engagement combat unit - and that is the Marine I have written about. No one who knew him doubted he would fly thru boot camp with easy and be exactly what the Marines want and need.

    I'm a tough guy. But then that's most my life history my whole life until recently, like it or not. Few men I fear. But if I had to make a run for it thru the massive tracts of natural preserve lands around here, he is the one person I would not want after me. He did basically that his entire life from his childhood. It was his thing, what he did. He's not big nor bulky, but all of him is toughness for his size, skilled and trained. He's smart. I'd put the odd at 90%-10% that he'd hunt me down and kill me. The only reason I put my odds at 10% is because he wouldn't be hunting me down, we'd be hunting each other and I might get lucky.

    I fail to grasp - with all the furious claim of male prowlness compared to women - that total disbelief that such young men exist OR that the military - and specifically the Marines - would not spot and use such a man.

    IF what is being declared, that the military is like the United Auto Worker's Union for which assignment and advancement is based singularly on seniority and random drawing of names, then the military is totally screwed up. However, I don't believe that is how the military works at all - only that is how it works for average service members who neither excel at anything or fail at anything.

    Back on topic, if CPWILL is correct and the military only operates in massive units numbering in the thousands that all stick together at all times? I can see no reason for women not to be in such massed collective "combat" units at all.

    Women have never been in any military in human history until a few years ago. There is a reason for that. Women are a liability in war. A woman's place is not to be running around with a gun. They never have been nor will they ever be trained killers like men. You should discourage your daughter from pursuing that path. She's either going to turn butch, or she'll end up being assaulted.

    I can't think of anything more unfeminine than a female soldier. She might as well have a penis.

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Not unless females are forced to serve in all militarys everywhere, just to keep it fair. Maybe quota systems should be put in place before any battle begins.
    I've only ever seen one good looking female soldier in my life, and I wouldn't date her because that would be like dating a man.

  9. #439
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    CPWILL says you're a goddamn liar. In his vast experience, he has declared that the military NEVER moved thru remote areas unless at least ONE THOUSAND men did so. So either YOU'RE LYING - or he is just making up crap. I am confident that from what I've been told by those who were there that YOU are who is telling the truth - and CPWILL is full of ****.
    ? I don't really care what either of you have to say to be honest, but I'm willing to bet you probably misunderstood him.
    I know what my experience was, and we would move in ~23 man recon platoons, and I have personally slept within 300 meters of the Pak border. Just watch the movie Restrepo. A camera crew was embedded within one of the companies in my brigade.

    Looking back, CPwill was speaking about one specific operation and you in typical joko fashion ran with it like a dog with a bone.

    Also, I have no idea what this has to do with you opposing equality.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    CC
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 11-28-13 at 03:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #440
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Like about everyone, I know many people in the military or who were. My daughter is trying to enlist in the Air Force at this time, waiting for the physical. She is not well suited for direct frontline combat. She would be a huge asset to the military, as she is recognized as a huge asset to any organization she involves with and is pushed to the top.That is unless she is in a unit where physical fitness and ability play a very big part of there job. No matter how smart you are if you can't hump to the OBJ than you are useless to the infantry

    Of all I've known, I've only known one that I would feel fully confident that he and a dozen men like him could be left in any remote area only with what they could carry, and not only survive but be a very effective pro-active aggressive engagement combat unit - and that is the Marine I have written about. No one who knew him doubted he would fly thru boot camp with easy and be exactly what the Marines want and need. Me and everyone else on my ODA think basic was a joke what is your point

    I'm a tough guy. But then that's most my life history my whole life until recently, like it or not. Few men I fear. But if I had to make a run for it thru the massive tracts of natural preserve lands around here, he is the one person I would not want after me. He did basically that his entire life from his childhood. It was his thing, what he did. He's not big nor bulky, but all of him is toughness for his size, skilled and trained. He's smart. I'd put the odd at 90%-10% that he'd hunt me down and kill me. The only reason I put my odds at 10% is because he wouldn't be hunting me down, we'd be hunting each other and I might get lucky.I hate to tell you this but hunting has very very little to do with combat

    I fail to grasp - with all the furious claim of male prowlness compared to women - that total disbelief that such young men exist OR that the military - and specifically the Marines - would not spot and use such a man. Here is what you don't seem to get SOF units do not go looking for people. They have more people wanting to join them than they know to do with. You have to go to them

    IF what is being declared, that the military is like the United Auto Worker's Union for which assignment and advancement is based singularly on seniority and random drawing of names, then the military is totally screwed up. However, I don't believe that is how the military works at all - only that is how it works for average service members who neither excel at anything or fail at anything. No one is saying promotion is random. What people are saying is that there are requirements to be promoted and a big one of those are time in service which someone straight out of basic. Here is an example for you to be a E7 in the Army no matter what you do or what job you have the minimum time in srevice is 7 years so no matter what you will not make that rank faster than that. The biggest thing you don't seem to understand is that basic training is so very basic and simple that no matter how tough or great a shot you are no one in SOF cares. Every thing in basic is so cut and dry and simple that there is nothing you can do to stand out more than the other top 25% of you company. What are you going to do qualify expert on the qualifying range well who gives a ****. No one in SOF even spends anytime doing regular rifle qualification. The skills that SOF do now are ahead of the regular military so do you really think someone doing well at a level below the regular military is going to impress them

    Back on topic, if CPWILL is correct and the military only operates in massive units numbering in the thousands that all stick together at all times? I can see no reason for women not to be in such massed collective "combat" units at all.
    So what about our deal man. Do you want me to prove I am who I say I am to you or not
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •