Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 519

Thread: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

  1. #421
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    You guys should at least first maybe PM each other to try to get your collective attack consistent.

    CPWILL claims the military NEVER has any unit in combat that moves in numbers less than 1000 strong, that the minimal group size in the Hellmand District of Afghanistan was 15,000 - and that American troops NEVER reached the Pakistan border nor ever left 1 city in that District.

    Others of you are claiming that service members head out in small "over the wire" for weeks at a time without any support, no supply and even no possible medevac. Why don't you all pick ONE story and stick to it. Then make your case that I don't know anything.

  2. #422
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I know that message is false. There is no chance they would send Marines into a combat zone with NO small unit engagement games. That would be absurd. There were points in time during Iraq and Afghanistan that upon completion of boot camp those enlistees were almost immediately sent to combat. Whether he did that at boot camp itself or something right after boot camp, I dunno. I didn't make a transcript of what he said.

    But you view that a person has to be in the Marines for a couple years before sent out and leading a small squad is just wrong. Most who enlisted were in and out in 2, 3 at the most. I think he was in for 3, but not sure.
    What you seem not to understand is that every position in the military is for a certain rank. For instance a squad leader in the Marines is CPL or a SGT and the team SGT of a ODA is a MSG. Not a guy who was a badass a basic
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  3. #423
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I do not believe you. He said none of their rifles except one was full auto. I don't remember if he said it was 3-burst or not. But not full auto. Another former Marine also said he did not have full auto. If there are anyone who was in the Marines in the range of about 2-3ish years ago, they can answer whether full autos were standard issue or not. I suppose I could have misunderstood him. I do know his view is that full autos are worthless for the situation he was in, no more useful than would be a full auto rifle for hunting. I do not believe you are special ops or a sniper school grad. I believe you think you are.
    Well guess what weather it is auto or burst doesn't really matter because neither one of those two things are semi auto as you said he carried.
    I really couldn't care less if you beleive me or not. But just to make it interesting if I prove that I am how about you admitting you are full of it and stop talking about things you don't know about. What say you
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  4. #424
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You guys should at least first maybe PM each other to try to get your collective attack consistent.

    CPWILL claims the military NEVER has any unit in combat that moves in numbers less than 1000 strong, that the minimal group size in the Hellmand District of Afghanistan was 15,000 - and that American troops NEVER reached the Pakistan border nor ever left 1 city in that District.

    Others of you are claiming that service members head out in small "over the wire" for weeks at a time without any support, no supply and even no possible medevac. Why don't you all pick ONE story and stick to it. Then make your case that I don't know anything.
    Can you please show me where anyone said anyone was outside the wire for weeks with no support supply or medevac cause I missed that. Thanks
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  5. #425
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    What you seem not to understand is that every position in the military is for a certain rank. For instance a squad leader in the Marines is CPL or a SGT and the team SGT of a ODA is a MSG. Not a guy who was a badass a basic
    He was in for, I think, 3 years. He wanted his parents to sign off enlistment at 17, explaining that would allow only 2. They refused - and they won't do a physical at age 17 meaning he could not contract/enlist at that age, I would guess it was 3. Whether it was straight out of boot camp or not, I dunno. You do - if you know anything at all - know an enlistment would be at least 2 years and likely 3 during the Afghan war. I am inclined not to believe that.

    Therefore you must be claiming a person could not become a CPL or SGT in the Marines within 3 years during the Afghanistan war. He probably told me his rank, but I don't remember. Next time I talk to him I'll ask for more details - to give more specifics some of you can ridicule hot combat zone Marines over claiming they didn't exist or such.

  6. #426
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    He was in for, I think, 3 years. He wanted his parents to sign off enlistment at 17, explaining that would allow only 2. They refused - and they won't do a physical at age 17 meaning he could not contract/enlist at that age, I would guess it was 3. Whether it was straight out of boot camp or not, I dunno. You do - if you know anything at all - know an enlistment would be at least 2 years and likely 3 during the Afghan war. I am inclined not to believe that.

    Therefore you must be claiming a person could not become a CPL or SGT in the Marines within 3 years during the Afghanistan war. He probably told me his rank, but I don't remember. Next time I talk to him I'll ask for more details - to give more specifics some of you can ridicule hot combat zone Marines over claiming they didn't exist or such.
    You said he was in charge of a squad right out of basic not 3 years latter. Ther is a ton more to running ops other than shooting or ( hunting ). Unsexy things like mission planning and op orders or conops. Not things you learn in basic but things you will not leave the wire without
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  7. #427
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    Can you please show me where anyone said anyone was outside the wire for weeks with no support supply or medevac cause I missed that. Thanks
    Don't remember the member and don't care to look. Chris has explained if a female combat member became pregnant, she would simply be replaced. The response of one member was the he was "over the wire" "for weeks" and it would therefore be impossible to replace her or evacuate. her. There is no reason to search it as on these topics facts don't matter in the sense that no one ever changes their position. It's not worth the time.

  8. #428
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    Well guess what weather it is auto or burst doesn't really matter because neither one of those two things are semi auto as you said he carried.
    I really couldn't care less if you beleive me or not. But just to make it interesting if I prove that I am how about you admitting you are full of it and stop talking about things you don't know about. What say you

    Thanks for wasting my time with another false message. I looked up the weapons Marines carried.

    This included the M16A4 - which is NOT full auto, though does allow 3 round burst. A 3 round burst is NOT FULL auto - so were just outright WRONG. The Marines also use the SAM-R, which is semi-auto. They are also issued the DMR M40A1 & M40A3 Sniper Rifles M82A1A & M82A3 & M107 Sniper Rifles - not full autos.

    You're just another person claiming to know everything and sneering facts that are just outright false. You claim that Marines only have full autos and that Marines never have semi-autos is just false, false, false. I felt I was wasting my time checking but did. Any more false facts you want to post sneeringly as truisms?

    So we now have our "knowledgeable" veterans declaring that military rifles are incapable of being used as hunting rifles and Marines never have semi-auto rifles. You guys are a real trip, you know that?

    Clearly, the Marines aren't the Army nor National Guard, nor visa versa. You guys I guess don't recognize that?
    Last edited by joko104; 11-28-13 at 03:08 AM.

  9. #429
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Females don't belong in the military anyway.

  10. #430
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Don't remember the member and don't care to look. Chris has explained if a female combat member became pregnant, she would simply be replaced. The response of one member was the he was "over the wire" "for weeks" and it would therefore be impossible to replace her or evacuate. her. There is no reason to search it as on these topics facts don't matter in the sense that no one ever changes their position. It's not worth the time.
    They couldn't replace her because that is not how the military works. For the most part the military deploys as units. So if you were not part of the unit when it deploys it is unlikely you will deploy. For the most part the military doesn't do the individual replacement thing like they did in nam
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •