Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 519

Thread: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

  1. #401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    AAAAHHHH I literally am having trouble typing fromlauging so hard
    Communist Nazi's are the worst.
    kommunistennazis.jpg

  2. #402
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Apparently you are correct that no squad was the first to reach the Pakistan border in that district less than 1000 strong as you claimed - and when they did they all landed 1000 all together at the Pakistan border. Or at least one person completely agrees with you that is indisputable fact.
    They didn't land at the border. Nor did anyone walk there "village by village" from where they were landing. Take a look at a fricking map.

    And Operation Moshtarak involved over 15,000 servicemembers. So yeah. "Thousands".

  3. #403
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    They didn't land at the border. Nor did anyone walk there "village by village" from where they were landing. Take a look at a fricking map.

    And Operation Moshtarak involved over 15,000 servicemembers. So yeah. "Thousands".
    Helmand (hel-MUND; Pashto/Balochi: هلمند) or Hillmand[2] is one of the 34 provinces of Afghanistan, located in the south of the country. It is one of the largest, covering 58,584 square kilometres (20,000 sq mi) area. The province contains 14 districts, encompassing over 1,000 villages, and roughly 1.4 million settled and nomadic people.[1] Lashkar Gah serves as the provincial capital.

    Operation Moshtarak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I never mentioned Operation Moshtarak.

    You should go to Wiki and clarify that there were no patrols ever done in the Hellman district whatsoever, only one action involving 15,000 service members who all stuck together as a single unit.

    However, I have to leave this thread. There is no debate, only absurd claims that are so far off in outer space they are ridiculous. There were no patrol units in Afghanistan. The military only uses service members in units of 1000 or more such other crap.

    Besides, your side has already lost the debate in the real world or military and civilian command. And hopefully it will forever stay that way. No more years of endless counter productive invasions and occupation wars. Your failed and antiquated views of the military on false visions of opposing armies on battle fronts into the thousands is now just history to be studied of past military mistakes.
    Last edited by joko104; 11-28-13 at 12:10 AM.

  4. #404
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Helmand (hel-MUND; Pashto/Balochi: هلمند) or Hillmand[2] is one of the 34 provinces of Afghanistan, located in the south of the country. It is one of the largest, covering 58,584 square kilometres (20,000 sq mi) area. The province contains 14 districts, encompassing over 1,000 villages, and roughly 1.4 million settled and nomadic people.[1] Lashkar Gah serves as the provincial capital.
    Hey congratulations on a really awesome copy/paste job. I notice that you left out the distance between Marjeh and the Pakistani Border, or what the terrain is like there as well as the size of a battalion area of operations.

  5. #405
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Hey congratulations on a really awesome copy/paste job. I notice that you left out the distance between Marjeh and the Pakistani Border, or what the terrain is like there as well as the size of a battalion area of operations.
    I have no doubt that not everyone in the US military was afraid to leave the 15,000 troop collective at Marjeh.

    Marines tend to not have that level of fear and have quite different attitudes about war and engagement. They aren't as pansy ass as apparently is your view of ALL US service members in war zones.

    NOW you are claiming that the American military never reached the Pakistan border whatsoever. You can't stay consistent even on the same thread on the same day.

    Your apparent claim also that the Marines and US military all reported to you - I suppose you are claiming they even checked with you first - all their actions in Afghanistan down to every service member and every day. Or is it that you read something about the operation in Marjeh in the press and now you know it all - and know that is all there was too!
    Last edited by joko104; 11-28-13 at 12:27 AM.

  6. #406
    Educator Paratrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Al
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    888

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Lets drop this personal stuff and get back on topic.

  7. #407
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    There is so much Walter Mitty going on and so much false claims it too risky to engage in that I'm out of these topics. It's irrelevant anyway. The military and civilian leadership as left the past behind and advanced to wiser goals and practices learning from terrible mistakes of the past.

  8. #408
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,947

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Seeing as you keep repeating this bs story lets just see if we can point out some of the more out there claims. To start let's look at some of the things you claimed earlier. This guy was supposedly picked out off boot camp because he was a trouble maker and also because he was such a bad ass. No one is picked from basic to go to some super secret unit. There is no chance in basic to prove how awesome you are because just as the name implies everything they teach in basic is basic. There are no complicated missions where you can show off your skills. Everything there is tightly controlled and instructor run. Second elite units are not looking for troublemakers. In fact being one will get you kicked out. SOF units need people they can count on.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You have us mixed up. It is CPWILL that claims no small units are ever sent out. The account I gave was of a Marine who lead a squad doing exactly what you said is done. To root them out in remote, rugged terrain. On foot. Small unit. Carrying only small arms.

    Whatever he did certainly got some people's attention. His parents are friends with my wife's parents, and her father is their family minister. They had not wanted him to go into the Marines for the reason he was - to literally within the legal context of war hunt and kill people. That was his specific reason. And I know him well enough to know is someone ideally suited to do so. A hunter since a young child. 4.0 smart. State wrestling champ, though not a big guy. Had a couple bigger brothers who'd beat him up, until it came where he could. A natural leader.

    He was offered a high paying position training special ops teams - to train them, not lead them - as this to become an increasing direction the military is headed - to take out specific persons and targets including when drones can't get the job done. His family thought he should accept it. He turned it down. That he had done what he set out to do and has no intention of putting up with all the BS he'd have to put up with in such a position. what exactly do you think this guy could teach a SOF unit. Do you really think his self taught hunting skills are more than they teach at any of the SOF sniper skills. Give me a break.

    He stated (repeating it) "that Marines walk into battle." I suspect the picture you showed is exactly what he and his squad did, though in his words they preferred to move to small village to small village as temp. base of operation. He wanted the "outsiders" (enemy/insurgents) to see them as vulnerable - particularly at night - but that they actually did most their hunting at night - adding the advantage that they had night vision gear. Most their kills occurred at night. Post like this prove you have no idea how the military functions. No one anywhere close to being fresh out of basic is leading any sort of patrol. The military has a very strict rank structure as well as rules as to what rank you must be to be in any positions.

    Is anyone saying that the military never deployed such tactics? To send out search-and-destroy patrols that stayed out more than a few hours? The army would show up as would air support time to time. He said that the army just screwed up their relationship with the locals and when air power showed up they were wasting their time as the enemy would just go into hiding. His view was that if his squad was seen as alone, undermanned and without support then the insurgents were more likely to try to ambush or take them on. The challenge - to his mind - was not successfully killing the enemy. It was getting the enemy to come out of hiding and fleeing to engage them. He also had some tactics to get local villages to give them info of who and where to hunt. Yes the military does conduct patrols like that but they are nut run by as you put it a bunch of troublemakers who they put together at basic and sent on a suicide mission. The military will not let any squad operate for any extended time without control and contact of that unit. For that you need Comms which require batteries as do things like nods which must be hard to come by seeing as you said earlier they didn't get resupplied. And just so we are clear no squad no matter who is in it picks and chooses which village they go to or how they operate. A squad has almost no imput into how they conduct ops. That is why you have things like platoon leaders. Just the fact that you might believe a bs story like this just proves you know absolutely nothing about the military

    CPWILLs claims it fact that our military never does anything that doesn't involve the movement of at least 1000 troops as a unit. I say that's BS.
    The last thing I will bring up is how you commented earlier that somehow you badass friend was using a hunting rifle. You do know that no one outside of certain SOF units has any say so at all to what weapon they use. If he was an infantryman he was using a m16, m4, 249 or a 240. The military does not say well this guy is a bad ass hunter lets give him a hunting rifle. Give me a break you are clueless.
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  9. #409
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper View Post
    Lets drop this personal stuff and get back on topic.
    Good idea.

    Its worth mentioning that women have a lower survivability with severe injury. They have weaker bones, less blood, less iron, less connective tissue (skin breaks easier), and less cardiovascular reserve. This means an injured female will have less time until irreversible shock, and frankly death.

    Ive also read that females have greatly increased rates of UTI's and yeast infections when actively deployed-these aren't life threatening but they are new problems and can easily take a female out of a fight.

  10. #410
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    Seeing as you keep repeating this bs story lets just see if we can point out some of the more out there claims. To start let's look at some of the things you claimed earlier. This guy was supposedly picked out off boot camp because he was a trouble maker and also because he was such a bad ass. No one is picked from basic to go to some super secret unit. There is no chance in basic to prove how awesome you are because just as the name implies everything they teach in basic is basic. There are no complicated missions where you can show off your skills. Everything there is tightly controlled and instructor run. Second elite units are not looking for troublemakers. In fact being one will get you kicked out. SOF units need people they can count on.



    The last thing I will bring up is how you commented earlier that somehow you badass friend was using a hunting rifle. You do know that no one outside of certain SOF units has any say so at all to what weapon they use. If he was an infantryman he was using a m16, m4, 249 or a 240. The military does not say well this guy is a bad ass hunter lets give him a hunting rifle. Give me a break you are clueless.
    Only a fool does not understand all military rifles also can be called a hunting rifle. I gather you are an anti gun-freak who claims they are OMG! "ASSAULT RIFLES" that have no other usage. He stated he saw himself as hunting and accordingly referred to his rifle as his hunting rifle. He saw his rifle as for the purpose of hunting down the enemy on patrol. I'm confident you saw yours as only for the purpose of cleaning for inspection.

    Does basic training ever filter enlistees into various roles? That some are not suited for frontline combat, but still usable. Others are for regular usage. Others have particular skills. You say NEVER. I see nothing to back that up, nor does that make any sense. Advancement and assign in the military is not by random drawing lots as you seemingly believe. All your view means is that they never saw anything particularly special or skillful about you so you remained just one of the generic herd. Go on to explain there are not such thing as special ops either, and if so they are randomly selected.

    YOU SHOULD GO START A THREAD OF YOUR VIEW ENTITLED: "MILITARY ASSAULT RIFLES ARE NOT HUNTING RIFLES!" and then continue with some anti-gun rant.

    His primary complaint about the Marines and military in general is not washing out people such as you express yourself to be. His view was the military in terms of ground troops should be limited only to the very best - and everyone else is a liability and handicap. He would have washed you out of his small squad quickly.

    Leaders are those who aren't just passive followers of the pack relying on time-senority. I know that fella. He's the diametric opposite of your views, and I do believe such skills and leadership abilities, plus initiative, are exactly what the Marines are watching for. There are 10,000,000 potential enlistees like you. Not many like him. I know many who were in military service. None others like him.
    Last edited by joko104; 11-28-13 at 12:50 AM.

Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •