Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 519

Thread: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Ummmm... No offense, but you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

    I was so rabidly horny after six months overseas that I could literally smell a woman coming from 20 yards off. Living in a stressful, and frankly, animalistic, environment for an extended period of time is simply going to bring out more animalistic instincts.

    It's human nature, and as MTP pointed out, this can tend to go both ways. lol
    Please, there are people who practice abstinence, even under stressful situations. You are just making excuses for bad behavior and some people who lack self control and self discipline and probably don't really belong in the military to begin with.

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Infantrymen need blowjobs like the rest of us. What's the problem?

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Please, there are people who practice abstinence, even under stressful situations.
    How successful do "abstinence" focused policies targeted towards extremely horny groups of people tend to be in your experience?

    You are just making excuses for bad behavior and some people who lack self control and self discipline and probably don't really belong in the military to begin with.

    I'm simply being realistic. Even ignoring the inherent problems posed by having women go toe to toe with men twice their size in close quarters combat (many of whom come from cultures which tend to take a very low view of women in general), the simple fact of the matter is that throwing trained young "alpha male" killers and young women together in war has not, historically, lead to desirable outcomes.

    Do you have any idea how many rapes and sexual assaults took place in Japan, or Germany, during the US occupation of those nations following WW2?
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 11-26-13 at 11:12 PM.

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    How successful do "abstinence" focused policies targeted towards extremely horny groups of people tend to be in your experience?
    I don't think this is unrealistic. This is supposed to be their JOB. They should be taking it seriously. It's not the women's fault if they don't and vice versa.

    I'm simply being realistic. Even ignoring the inherent problems posed by having women go toe to toe with men twice their size in close quarters combat (many of whom come from cultures which tend to take a very low view of women in general), the simple fact of the matter is that throwing trained young "alpha male" killers and young women together in war has not, historically, lead to desirable outcomes.
    I already said IF THE WOMEN CAN PASS THE PHYSICAL FITNESS EXPECTATIONS. (Caps Lock so that people will SEE that and quit using that lame argument).

    Do you have any idea how many rapes and sexual assaults took place in Japan, or Germany, during the US occupation of these nations following WW2?
    This happens to women who aren't involved in the fighting of wars too, so it's a moot point once again.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't think this is unrealistic. This is supposed to be their JOB. They should be taking it seriously. It's not the women's fault if they don't and vice versa.
    It doesn't matter who's "fault" the problem might or might not be. What matters is that we are creating problems which do not need to exist more or less for the Hell of it.

    Just because a car could theoretically drive with oval, rather than round, wheels, would that make building one that way a good idea when regular round wheels already work just fine?

    The fact of the matter is that we're complicating things here for no objective benefit whatsoever. It's simply a bad way to run an institution on which the survival of our nation could very well depend some day.

    I already said IF THE WOMEN CAN PASS THE PHYSICAL FITNESS EXPECTATIONS. (Caps Lock so that people will SEE that and quit using that lame argument).
    Even if they meet the requirements, it is doubtful that they would be able to fight as well as a man. Just because a woman can do "X" amount of repetitions of a certain exercise, doesn't mean that she also weighs 170 lbs or has the physical strength and aggression necessary to successfully bayonet some crazed Chinese or Iranian infantryman trying to do the same to her.

    That is also not the direction the military is going with this particular policy either way regardless. They are trying to push for reduced standards.

    This happens to women who aren't involved in the fighting of wars too, so it's a moot point once again.
    Eh. Not really.

    Just because some breeds of dogs are already known to maul and eat toddlers, would that make deliberately going out of your way to make sure dogs and toddlers spent more time together a good idea?
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 11-26-13 at 11:35 PM.

  6. #196
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Injury stats were due to the fact that women's legs, especially their hips, are not made for rucking, etc. I saw quite a few females when I was a Drill Instructor on Parris Island be told they would never walk without pain again due to the hip injuries they had. Males get injured as well, don't get me wrong. It's just not as concentrated in one area of the body as with women.
    In truth - I think many men go through most of their military careers with injuries and never reported them. But we hacked that up in another thread not too long ago so I won't bother here, no point.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    In truth - I think many men go through most of their military careers with injuries and never reported them. But we hacked that up in another thread not too long ago so I won't bother here, no point.
    True, but a man's entire hip isn't going to come apart mid mission if he fails to report an injury either.

    Stress fractures in major load bearing bones are nothing to take lightly.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    It doesn't matter who's "fault" the problem might or might not be. What matters is that we are creating problems which do not need to exist more or less for the Hell of it.

    Just because a car could theoretically drive with oval, rather than round wheels, would that make building one that way a good idea when regular round wheels already work just fine?

    The fact of the matter is that we're complicating things here for no objective benefit whatsoever. It's simply a bad way to run an institution on which the survival of our nation could very well depend some day.



    Even if they meet the requirements, it is doubtful that they would be able to fight as well as a man. Just because a woman can do "X" amount of repetitions of a certain exercise, doesn't mean that she also weighs 170 lbs or has the physical strength and aggression necessary to successfully bayonet some crazed Chinese or Iranian infantryman trying to do the same to her.

    That is also not the direction the military is going with this particular policy either way regardless. They are trying to push for reduced standards.



    Eh. Not really.

    Just because some breeds of dogs are already known to maul and eat toddlers, would that make deliberately going out of your way to make sure dogs and toddlers spent more time together a good idea?
    I think this entire post is bull.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think this entire post is bull.
    If you say so.

    Everything I've said is simple common sense.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Marine Corp Delays Pull-Up Requirement for Female Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    If you say so.

    Everything I've said is simple common sense.
    No it isn't because there are PLENTY of people in the military who are not "screwing around." Just because you are weak doesn't mean everyone else is.

Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •