Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 81

Thread: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate’ fo

  1. #51
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    awesome opinions but ill stick with reality
    I dont personally know the Mormons but ill let those Methodist know that clownboy said they are real
    What are you on about? I never claimed it is up to me. And if you don't know the mormons and haven't studied their relgion how can you claim to know facts about that religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    fact is they are Methodist and this guy could go there and be a Methodist pastor
    you can kick and scream and stomp your feet and this fact will never change
    Who is this "they" you're talking about? If he is stripped of his ordination by the Council of Bishops he is no longer a methodist pastor, anywhere. He won't be able to get a pastor assignment to any methodist church. You obviously don't know any more about the methodist faith than you do the mormon faith.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,945
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #53
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    1.)What are you on about? I never claimed it is up to me.
    2.) And if you don't know the mormons and haven't studied their relgion how can you claim to know facts about that religion?
    3.) Who is this "they" you're talking about?
    4.) If he is stripped of his ordination by the Council of Bishops he is no longer a methodist pastor, anywhere.
    5.) He won't be able to get a pastor assignment to any methodist church.
    6.) You obviously don't know any more about the methodist faith than you do the mormon faith.
    1.) yes it is YOU telling them they are not when they factually are
    2.) not what i said at all, lol i dont know those mormons personally so i cant tell them your opinions
    3.) all the methodists i know that are fine with this pastor and do similar things with the full support of the church
    4.) false he could come to churches here and be one
    5.) see #5
    6.) another meanignless opinion, you trying to take sides wont change the facts, sorry like i said

    fact is they are Methodist and this guy could go there and be a Methodist pastor
    you can kick and scream and stomp your feet and this fact will never change

    do you have anything that changes this fact? anything? one factual thing
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #54
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    30 days is pretty damn funny, like they've just put a concrete number on "hellfire and brimstone." I mean if this is all leading to sodom and gomorrha v2, where is the exorcism? Where's the lifetime ban? Oh right, it's not leading to that and even the methodists who suspended him seem to realize that was all hysteric fear tactics.

  5. #55
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) yes it is YOU telling them they are not when they factually are
    2.) not what i said at all, lol i dont know those mormons personally so i cant tell them your opinions
    3.) all the methodists i know that are fine with this pastor and do similar things with the full support of the church
    4.) false he could come to churches here and be one
    5.) see #5
    6.) another meanignless opinion, you trying to take sides wont change the facts, sorry like i said

    fact is they are Methodist and this guy could go there and be a Methodist pastor
    you can kick and scream and stomp your feet and this fact will never change

    do you have anything that changes this fact? anything? one factual thing
    Again, who is this "they" you keep harping on. Now quote for me where I said this pastor is not a methodist from my own judgement.

    What you are saying is an absolute lie. If the Council of Bishops pulls his ordination he will not be able to be the pastor or ANY methodist church, no matter how the congregation feels about it (that is if they wish to continue being a methodist church). That's fact. You continue to call on some fact that is just your opinion of how things should work. This is an organized religion and the title pastor isn't just a nametag they give you when you take a job. You have to be ordained by the Council of Bishops to be a methodist pastor. What part of that aren't you getting? Do you need me to look it up for you. Google is your friend, find out all about the methodist faith and how you might become a pastor.

    As for momons, they have deacons. A deacon must first provide a blood sample to the Living Prophet who then evaluates and ensures you do not have the blood of Cain (which would exclude you from being a deacon). This is the method they used to keep black folks from the ranks of the deacons. Mormon sects that the Living Prophet decides are not allowed are NOT mormon, that is why those sects change their names from mormon to something else. Get an education before you spout on this stuff.
    Last edited by clownboy; 11-20-13 at 08:29 PM.

  6. #56
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    He has done his fellow activists no favors with his actions - if anything, he has reflected badly on them.
    I doubt it since it'll be legal in PA within a couple years. Fundies, on the other hand, have done themselves no favor by opposing marriage equality and even just being gay so fanatically the past decade. I keep saying this. It's driving people, especially the young, away from the church in droves.

  7. #57
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    1.)Again, who is this "they" you keep harping on. Now quote for me where I said this pastor is not a methodist from my own judgement.

    2.)What you are saying is an absolute lie. If the Council of Bishops pulls his ordination he will not be able to be the pastor or ANY methodist church, no matter how the congregation feels about it (that is if they wish to continue being a methodist church). That's fact. You continue to call on some fact that is just your opinion of how things should work. This is an organized religion and the title pastor isn't just a nametag they give you when you take a job. You have to be ordained by the Council of Bishops to be a methodist pastor. What part of that aren't you getting? Do you need me to look it up for you. Google is your friend, find out all about the methodist faith and how you might become a pastor.

    3.)As for momons, they have deacons. A deacon must first provide a blood sample to the Living Prophet who then evaluates and ensures you do not have the blood of Cain (which would exclude you from being a deacon). This is the method they used to keep black folks from the ranks of the deacons. Mormon sects that the Living Prophet decides are not allowed are NOT mormon, that is why those sects change their names from mormon to something else. Get an education before you spout on this stuff.
    1.) again YOU are claiming he cant be a Methodist pastor anymore, Methodists disagree so you tell me who it is then?

    2.) 100% false and repeating it wont make it true.

    3.) also false those people I was talking about are still mormons.

    tell me that cool failed line about education again LMAO


    so answer these what are those Mormons and the Methodists around here then? I mean there church says Methodist right on it?

    sorry facts and reality defeat your post again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #58
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    I doubt it since it'll be legal in PA within a couple years. Fundies, on the other hand, have done themselves no favor by opposing marriage equality and even just being gay so fanatically the past decade. I keep saying this. It's driving people, especially the young, away from the church in droves.
    The young leaving [insert wahatever church/faith] is nothing new in history recent or dim past. When it comes down to it only a very, very small portion of the population is homosexual. Right now it's cool, a diversity and sometimes a diversion, but it's been that way before, and then it wasn't, and then it was, ad infinitum across cultures. Spirituality and religions swing to a different, longer beat.

  9. #59
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) again YOU are claiming he cant be a Methodist pastor anymore, Methodists disagree so you tell me who it is then?
    Open those eyes and read - I claimed nothing of the sort, that's YOUR strawman. I stated that if the Council of Bishops, the folks who determine such things in the entire of the methodist church, says he can no longer be a methodist pastor - THEN he is no longer a methodist pastor. Methodists do not disagree as to what the removal of ordination means. ANY church wanting to hang "Methodist" on their door must agree to certain rules, one of those is ordination. Look it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    2.) 100% false and repeating it wont make it true.
    Then why keep telling your lies about something you either have no knowledge of, or worse, are just playing games rather than admit your error?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    3.) also false those people I was talking about are still mormons.
    Only in the sense an excommunicated catholic is still a catholic. That's just silly.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    tell me that cool failed line about education again LMAO


    so answer these what are those Mormons and the Methodists around here then? I mean there church says Methodist right on it?

    sorry facts and reality defeat your post again
    As is your schtick, you've not spoken one fact, nor can you back any of it up. Yes, and it won't for long if they lose their charter due to having a defrocked pastor. Here's what will happen - the church will hire another ordained pastor and this fellow will either move on or find a way to regain his ordination with the Council.

  10. #60
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    1.)Open those eyes and read - I claimed nothing of the sort, that's YOUR strawman.
    2.) I stated that if the Council of Bishops, the folks who determine such things in the entire of the methodist church, says he can no longer be a methodist pastor - THEN he is no longer a methodist pastor. Methodists do not disagree as to what the removal of ordination means.
    3.)ANY church wanting to hang "Methodist" on their door must agree to certain rules, one of those is ordination. Look it up.
    4.) Then why keep telling your lies about something you either have no knowledge of, or worse, are just playing games rather than admit your error?
    5.) Only in the sense an excommunicated catholic is still a catholic. That's just silly.
    6.)As is your schtick, you've not spoken one fact, nor can you back any of it up. Yes, and it won't for long if they lose their charter due to having a defrocked pastor. Here's what will happen - the church will hire another ordained pastor and this fellow will either move on or find a way to regain his ordination with the Council.
    1.) lying about your clim wont make it go away.
    2.) EXACTLY, think you for pointing it out, this is YOUR CLAIM, yet the fact remains he most certainly can be a Methodist pastor
    3.) except the one i know that already support gay marriage, they dont count yet they still have Methodist on their door. You post fails again lol
    4.) havent told one single lie, just pointed out facts and this seem to upset you and its hilarious
    5.) if YOU say so, you dont make the rules, they are factually Mormons. What FACTUALLY says they are not . . . NOTHING. Facts and common sense 101
    6.) thats an awesome opinion you have to bad its not factual

    sorry facts and reality defeat your post again

    also you dodged the question please answer

    what are those Mormons and the Methodists around here then? I mean there church says Methodist right on it?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •