Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81

Thread: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate’ fo

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Well, he is an employee. He can be fired. He should quit, if he finds that his proffession is no longer one he can fulfill in good conscience... but it looks like he wants to see himself as some kind of martyr.
    They can't stop him from being a preacher, is my point. They can't even stop him from being a Methodist preacher. He just can't be a Methodist preacher in their orginization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They can't stop him from being a preacher, is my point. They can't even stop him from being a Methodist preacher. He just can't be a Methodist preacher in their orginization.
    Well, actually they can - thats what losing his credentials would mean. He could still preach, sure, but not as a Methodist minister.

  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Well, actually they can - thats what losing his credentials would mean. He could still preach, sure, but not as a Methodist minister.
    He could still be a Methodist preacher. They don't have a copy write on "Methodist".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #24
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He could still be a Methodist preacher. They don't have a copy write on "Methodist".

    Sure, and I could call myself the junior Senator from New York if I wanted. But I wouldn't be without an election, and he won't be a Methodist minister without credentials.

  5. #25
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post

    Sure, and I could call myself the junior Senator from New York if I wanted. But I wouldn't be without an election, and he won't be a Methodist minister without credentials.
    are you saying the Methodist churches in my area, that are fine with his conduct, dont have credentials?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    You disobey your employer, you get fired. Happens.

    If he stands up for his beliefs and principles, good for him. He still should be fired.

    It will probably bring him closer to his son. He still should be fired.

    Maybe it'll help the church renegotiate its position on the subject. He still should be fired.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post

    Sure, and I could call myself the junior Senator from New York if I wanted. But I wouldn't be without an election, and he won't be a Methodist minister without credentials.
    Calling yourself a senator isn't covered under the 1st Amendment. I'll acquiese that MAYBE he wouldn't be able to call himself a Mathodist, but the Methodists can't stop him from being an ordained preacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Calling yourself a senator isn't covered under the 1st Amendment. I'll acquiese that MAYBE he wouldn't be able to call himself a Mathodist, but the Methodists can't stop him from being an ordained preacher.

    They can take the ordination they gave him, strip from him the ability to speak in their name, etc. He can call himself what he pleases, he would no longer be a Methodist minister.

  9. #29
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    You disobey your employer, you get fired. Happens.

    If he stands up for his beliefs and principles, good for him. He still should be fired.

    It will probably bring him closer to his son. He still should be fired.

    Maybe it'll help the church renegotiate its position on the subject. He still should be fired.
    He has done his fellow activists no favors with his actions - if anything, he has reflected badly on them.

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Pa. pastor suspended for performing gay wedding says he’ll be ‘outspoken advocate

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    They can take the ordination they gave him, strip from him the ability to speak in their name, etc. He can call himself what he pleases, he would no longer be a Methodist minister.
    He is ordained by God. Man can't take that away from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •