Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

  1. #1
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Look out Rob Ford... you got some competition. I honestly think that all public officials should be tested. And I also honestly think that the amounts busted would be astronomically higher than most would expect.

    Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Rep. Trey Radel, R-Fla., was caught buying drugs as part of a federal investigation into a Washington, D.C., drug ring last month and is being charged with cocaine possession, according to a senior Drug Enforcement Administration official.

    The official, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the case, said several federal agencies working as part of a task force arrested a dealer who told them one of his cocaine customers was a congressman. The dealer, working with federal agents, set up a buy on Oct. 29, and Radel, a freshman congressman first elected last year, purchased the cocaine, the official said.

    FBI agents later went to Radel's apartment, where they detained him, the official said. Radel hired a defense attorney who negotiated charges with a prosecutor, the official said. Law enforcement agents never handcuffed Radel or took him to jail, the official said.

    Radel will appear Wednesday in District of Columbia Superior Court to face the misdemeanor cocaine possession charge.

    The charge carries a statutory maximum sentence of 180 days of imprisonment and/or a fine of $1,000, according to the U.S. Attorney’s office.

    Also, don't you just love the preferential tiered police treatment? Do you think we should get a pool going based on the "and/or" $1,000 fine? My money is on the "or".
    Last edited by poweRob; 11-20-13 at 12:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #2
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,323

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Hey, I would support spending the countless millions to drug test welfare recipients.

    IF

    We do weekly, random drug and alcohol checks on all senators and congressmen, as well as all their staffers.

    You want to see failed checks? Start with a random search of the congressional desks and lockers...
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    The bastard oughta find himself in prison, but you know he won't ever see the inside of a prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,475

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    I didn't get the memo but is cocaine coming back into popularity?

  5. #5
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    I actually agree. There should be random drug test on all US representatives all the way down yo the dog catcher and all the way up to the POTUS.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  6. #6
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Hey, I would support spending the countless millions to drug test welfare recipients.

    IF

    We do weekly, random drug and alcohol checks on all senators and congressmen, as well as all their staffers.

    You want to see failed checks? Start with a random search of the congressional desks and lockers...
    I'm all for that. All that property you mentioned is basically public property so... it'd be in the public's interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #7
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Look out Rob Ford... you got some competition. I honestly think that all public officials should be tested. And I also honestly think that the amounts busted would be astronomically higher than most would expect.

    Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Rep. Trey Radel, R-Fla., was caught buying drugs as part of a federal investigation into a Washington, D.C., drug ring last month and is being charged with cocaine possession, according to a senior Drug Enforcement Administration official.

    The official, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the case, said several federal agencies working as part of a task force arrested a dealer who told them one of his cocaine customers was a congressman. The dealer, working with federal agents, set up a buy on Oct. 29, and Radel, a freshman congressman first elected last year, purchased the cocaine, the official said.

    FBI agents later went to Radel's apartment, where they detained him, the official said. Radel hired a defense attorney who negotiated charges with a prosecutor, the official said. Law enforcement agents never handcuffed Radel or took him to jail, the official said.

    Radel will appear Wednesday in District of Columbia Superior Court to face the misdemeanor cocaine possession charge.

    The charge carries a statutory maximum sentence of 180 days of imprisonment and/or a fine of $1,000, according to the U.S. Attorney’s office.

    Also, don't you just love the preferential tiered police treatment? Do you think we should get a pool going based on the "and/or" $1,000 fine? My money is on the "or".
    I'm taking "or" too, but if I were the judge I'd put his ass in jail. Law makers should be held to the full extant of the laws they legislate.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    There should be random drug test on all US representatives all the way down yo the dog catcher and all the way up to the POTUS.
    Don't disagree there, government workers (GS level or all) are subject to them, no reason congress and the president should be above them. In fact, the president should simple out of the "if I'm going to ask this of the people under me, I should do it to" mentality.

  9. #9
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    You voted for that? Are you high? Are you on crack?

    Oh... you are. Your actions are at least more understandable then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #10
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,323

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    John Boehner has a reputation of being wasted on that legal liquid drug from time to time....
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •