Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

  1. #11
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,921

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    John Boehner has a reputation of being wasted on that legal liquid drug from time to time....
    You mean that he cries in his beer?

    Bwaahaahaahaa! That slow pitch was too easy!
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #12
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,761

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I honestly think that all public officials should be tested. And I also honestly think that the amounts busted would be astronomically higher than most would expect.
    Who can disagree with this?



    Also, don't you just love the preferential tiered police treatment? Do you think we should get a pool going based on the "and/or" $1,000 fine? My money is on the "or".
    The guy might as well save some money (attorneys are not cheap) and do the time.
    Congress is in recess so often, he won't miss a thing.
    I wonder if his lobbyist "friends" will visit him in jail?
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  3. #13
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,117

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    Who can disagree with this?




    The guy might as well save some money (attorneys are not cheap) and do the time.
    Congress is in recess so often, he won't miss a thing.
    I wonder if his lobbyist "friends" will visit him in jail?
    The lobbiest who posts his bail or pays for his lawyer gets special consideration when he's drafting laws next session.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #14
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,761

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    The lobbiest who posts his bail or pays for his lawyer gets special consideration when he's drafting laws next session.
    So......business as usual.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  5. #15
    Student BasicGreatGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    01-31-14 @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    163

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The bastard oughta find himself in prison, but you know he won't ever see the inside of a prison.
    He got probation with a fine.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" Samuel Adams

  6. #16
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    From the article:

    "If Radel successfully completes his year of probation the charge against him will be dismissed and he can apply to have his record expunged."

    This is not allowed to most people. I agree with the expunging of this record - but it shouldn't only happen for people who can afford a top notch lawyer and some clout.

  7. #17
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    From the article:

    "If Radel successfully completes his year of probation the charge against him will be dismissed and he can apply to have his record expunged."

    This is not allowed to most people. I agree with the expunging of this record - but it shouldn't only happen for people who can afford a top notch lawyer and some clout.
    Imagine if this had happened to say A. Wiener or any other Dem, with no respect intended to the uber hypocritical right GOP..And he voted to drug-test food stamp folks..This is how badly GOP/TEAts want to keep the HOUSE, so they can continue to do ZERO .
    Physics is Phun

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Imagine if this had happened to say A. Wiener or any other Dem, with no respect intended to the uber hypocritical right GOP..And he voted to drug-test food stamp folks..This is how badly GOP/TEAts want to keep the HOUSE, so they can continue to do ZERO .

    You do realize the vote was on a bill to cut Food Stamps and he, like, most Congressional critters never actually read the bills before they vote. So it could have easily been missed because Trey Radel is VERY Libertarian on the issue of drugs (for a member of Congress). He co-sponsored a bill to end mandatory minimum sentencing. This is a lesser of a hypocrisy that I've seen from the Political field in a while.

    And Anthony Wiener was more then the sexting issue. He was 100% grade a Asshole that nobody in his party liked.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  9. #19
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    You do realize the vote was on a bill to cut Food Stamps and he, like, most Congressional critters never actually read the bills before they vote. So it could have easily been missed because Trey Radel is VERY Libertarian on the issue of drugs (for a member of Congress). He co-sponsored a bill to end mandatory minimum sentencing. This is a lesser of a hypocrisy that I've seen from the Political field in a while.

    And Anthony Wiener was more then the sexting issue. He was 100% grade a Asshole that nobody in his party liked.
    Limp excuses on the food stamp bill--ACA-like--since he's a poor baby libertarian, let's not be outraged--but if he's weiner, throw him out cuz he's an asshole--by your define--we'd throw them all out cuz some group feels every one of them is an a$$hole--like I$$A or cancerous cantor
    Physics is Phun

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Rep. Trey Radel busted in cocaine sting

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Limp excuses on the food stamp bill--ACA-like--since he's a poor baby libertarian, let's not be outraged--but if he's weiner, throw him out cuz he's an asshole--by your define--we'd throw them all out cuz some group feels every one of them is an a$$hole--like I$$A or cancerous cantor
    Limp excuse.. call up your congressman or woman and ask how many bills they read from start to finish.. none of them do. Yes it's ACA like, all bill/laws are done that way as NOBODY wants to read 2 pages or more of a bill. They would rather be given the highlights from their staffers.

    I am not excusing his behavior. I am just saying at least he supports repealing a huge injustice with US drug laws which is more then most who are full of congressional hypocrisy.

    Weiner wasn't liked by his own party and he was gonna lose his reelection bid because both sides would have poured money against him. They would have tolerated a moderate Republican over Weiner. Luck have it tho, Weiner didn't also have just one problem. He tried to call out the UN about parking tickets, yet Weiner had $2000 in unpaid parking tickets as well. He acted like an ass. All he had to do with apologize and swallow his ego. All of his problems would have gone away and he'd be in office still but he decided on the asshole tactic much like Toronto's Mayor.

    There are 435 congressman/women and 99 Senators I'd like to see thrown out of office. But I am not partisan, only looking for people who actually believe what they sell and push for it. You are hyper-partisan and it shows just in your post.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •