Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 93

Thread: Fukushima operator starts hazardous year-long fuel removal

  1. #81
    Mildly Hostile
    505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,363

    Re: Fukushima operator starts hazardous year-long fuel removal

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    Number 3 is the winner: appallingly bad reading comprehension.
    Knowing Mcfly, I would have guessed number 1. After a quick google search for "28% Fukushima" and seeing that the third (and original date-wise) hit is for Alex Jones, I would say without doubt that number 1 is correct. He gets all of his "news" from AJ. This of course does not mean that bad reading comprehension or flat out lying is not in play as well, wouldn't be the first time for either.
    Disclaimer: If you are offended by the above post, and you aren't a SJW or truther, grow a pair.

  2. #82
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Fukushima operator starts hazardous year-long fuel removal

    Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    Knowing Mcfly, I would have guessed number 1. After a quick google search for "28% Fukushima" and seeing that the third (and original date-wise) hit is for Alex Jones, I would say without doubt that number 1 is correct. He gets all of his "news" from AJ. This of course does not mean that bad reading comprehension or flat out lying is not in play as well, wouldn't be the first time for either.
    I still think bad reading comprehension is at fault. For evidence, Mcfly took a paragraph in which someone accused him of not reading the article and interpretted that as the poster admitting that they themself didn't read the article. That's pretty bad.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Fukushima operator starts hazardous year-long fuel removal

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    Number 3 is the winner: appallingly bad reading comprehension.
    Ok, tell me what the paper says; use quotes... link is back a couple pages.

  4. #84
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Fukushima operator starts hazardous year-long fuel removal

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Ok, tell me what the paper says; use quotes... link is back a couple pages.
    Oh, we know you went back and checked after I called you out on it. Then you discovered your mistake and have been desperately trying to justify it.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Fukushima operator starts hazardous year-long fuel removal

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh, we know you went back and checked after I called you out on it. Then you discovered your mistake and have been desperately trying to justify it.
    Excuses... no, I'm challenging you to tell us ALL what it says, using quotes from the document.

    Look, I've obviously been lacking in reading skills. This way, since you claim to be honest, will be able to demonstrate what I should have read.

    Btw, if you are manipulative, I will then have the chance to demonstrate that, once again.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Fukushima operator starts hazardous year-long fuel removal

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    I still think bad reading comprehension is at fault. For evidence, Mcfly took a paragraph in which someone accused him of not reading the article and interpretted that as the poster admitting that they themself didn't read the article. That's pretty bad.
    Instead of actually quoting the article.

    No, it shows that he did not read by the fact of asking the question as he did.... not to mention that the person responded to has a long track record of this same style of dishonesty.

    It's pretty bad when all I get is an attack against me rather than attacking the information.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Fukushima operator starts hazardous year-long fuel removal

    Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    Knowing Mcfly, I would have guessed number 1. After a quick google search for "28% Fukushima" and seeing that the third (and original date-wise) hit is for Alex Jones, I would say without doubt that number 1 is correct. He gets all of his "news" from AJ. This of course does not mean that bad reading comprehension or flat out lying is not in play as well, wouldn't be the first time for either.
    Oh another person on the attack me, I said I heard it in an interview with a doctor that was involved in writing the peer - reviewed paper.

    Now the discussion is about who I am as opposed to the information on the table.

    Just pathetic.

  8. #88
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Fukushima operator starts hazardous year-long fuel removal

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Oh another person on the attack me, I said I heard it in an interview with a doctor that was involved in writing the peer - reviewed paper.

    Now the discussion is about who I am as opposed to the information on the table.

    Just pathetic.
    I wasn't attacking you. I was attacking your deceptive presentation of that research. You picked out the 28% outlier and declared that trend to be both "across North America" and "attributed to Fukushima." In reality, it was only one state and the author specifically did not attribute it to Fukushima. He suggested they need more research.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Fukushima operator starts hazardous year-long fuel removal

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I wasn't attacking you. I was attacking your deceptive presentation of that research. You picked out the 28% outlier and declared that trend to be both "across North America" and "attributed to Fukushima." In reality, it was only one state and the author specifically did not attribute it to Fukushima. He suggested they need more research.
    1- no, because I explained that when I said this surge was in the us that I meant in the us as opposed to in Japan where the problem would be worse.

    2- they were looking at values of I-131 rates that have increased over 200 times since Fukushima. (Unless you know of something else that would cause radioactive iodine to increase that much)

    3- Further study is needed because as you know correlation is not equal to causation... A study of the CAUSE would be required to explain the correlation of increased I-131 exposure and thyroid problems in newborns.

    Now, go back and tell me how that is wrong using quotes from the paper, or link to another paper disputing I-131 and it's relation to hyperthyroidism.

    Of course you won't cause you're dishonest to the point of it being a joke, further evidenced by the fact that you repeated the same argument that I had already addressed previously.

    Like usual I expect more dancing around and side stepping the issue because your position is not supported by any facts.

  10. #90
    Mildly Hostile
    505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,363

    Re: Fukushima operator starts hazardous year-long fuel removal

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Oh another person on the attack me, I said I heard it in an interview with a doctor that was involved in writing the peer - reviewed paper.
    And where was that interview being conducted? Perhaps on the Alex Jones InfoWars show?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Now the discussion is about who I am as opposed to the information on the table.

    Just pathetic.
    If you'd stop with the paranoid alarmist style of blowing things WAY out of proportion, maybe this wouldn't keep happening. You always do this. Below is what I am talking about...

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    ...to claim its "no big deal" is somewhere between ignorant and delusional.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    In the big explosion radioactive debris was found 20km away, and the smoke, dust, and flames sent all sorts of particles into the atmosphere where it's now circling the earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    ...the background radiation of the northern hemisphere is now double the southern hemisphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I-131 rates that have increased over 200 times since Fukushima.

    It's seriously like you are running around waving your arms and screaming "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE", and then you try to act like you're the only one being rational when somebody tells you "no we're not".

    And then as for this exchange with Deuce...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You picked out the 28% outlier and declared that trend to be both "across North America" and "attributed to Fukushima."
    Where you claim...

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    no, because I explained that when I said this surge was in the us that I meant in the us as opposed to in Japan where the problem would be worse.
    Sorry, but I gotta call bull**** on that one pal. You CLEARLY said:

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    there's already been a 28% surge in thyroid problems in north America that can be attributed to Fukushima.
    Why can't you ever just go back and actually read what you wrote, before trying to twists things into "no, I didn't say THAT"?

    It's right ****ing there man. Then you have the nerve to claim he doesn't have any facts and is side-stepping?
    Disclaimer: If you are offended by the above post, and you aren't a SJW or truther, grow a pair.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •