Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 604

Thread: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

  1. #71
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,562

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Do you really think all the people who work at WalMart are poor? I think you're wrong. It's a nice gesture, but leave it to the masses to look for the worst possible interpretation one can put on it.
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  2. #72
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,562

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    If it's so affordable, then why ask one's employees to put it up for their co-workers? If it's so affordable, why doesn't Walmart just give all their employees food baskets? Oh, that's right better to take from the poor than expect the rich overlords to put up anything but signs asking for more for and from the workers they underpay.
    Walmart donates 300 million dollars a year. Hate Walmart all you want, but they donate more than any other company, annually. They have issue with other things, granted. Walmart can be the boogeyman in many instances. But in this case, they're not. They are only asking their employees to do the same thing they do - help people less fortunate. Why do so many people have such a big deal with donating to someone who is hungry?

    If you were a Walmart employee, would you donate a 1 dollar box of Stove Top stuffing to help feed an elderly person on a fixed income?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  3. #73
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,871

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the amount of corporate worship going on in this thread by our friends on the right.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #74
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I have 8 kids. 3 daughters, 2 stepdaughters and 3 stepsons.

    At any time, even at my lowest point financially, I donated, because there are always going to be people less fortunate than you.

    It's a freaking dollar, to donate 1 box of instant potatoes. A dollar. That ain't gonna break anybody.
    Well God Bless You!
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  5. #75
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Walmart donates 300 million dollars a year. Hate Walmart all you want, but they donate more than any other company, annually. They have issue with other things, granted. Walmart can be the boogeyman in many instances. But in this case, they're not. They are only asking their employees to do the same thing they do - help people less fortunate. Why do so many people have such a big deal with donating to someone who is hungry?

    If you were a Walmart employee, would you donate a 1 dollar box of Stove Top stuffing to help feed an elderly person on a fixed income?
    You are entirely misunderstanding what Walmart is doing. Go back and re-read. They are asking their employees to donate to their employees, not the elderly or children, just their own hungry Walmart employees. Hence they could and should just do that themselves and make sure their employees make enough or are given enough (food baskets) to not be hungry.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  6. #76
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not likely....More likely is lip service to you while making sure that the largest employer in his district is taken care of. These feel good astro turf hoopla, organized by unions that only want to bolster membership, and prices to you be damned, survive on lying to those of you who back them....but that is my opinion.
    Really? In my opinion it wasn't lip service that helped out Mitt Romney from Barack Obama in that last presidential election.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  7. #77
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    I've been away from this thread for a while so my apologies if this has been referenced already but does anyone really believe that Walmart owners/management came up with this idea? Isn't it far more likely that it was an employee suggestion or a request made by a group of employees who wanted to help out less fortunate fellow workers they know about?

    Irrespective of the source, I find it incredible that people would criticize any call to give, call to be charitable, particularly at times like Thanksgiving and Christmas, regardless of the circumstances.

    Some people would forget how to breath if they didn't have something to bitch about.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #78
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I've been away from this thread for a while so my apologies if this is been referenced already but does anyone really believe that Walmart owners/management came up with this idea? Isn't it far more likely that it was an employee suggestion or a request made by a group of employees who wanted to help out less fortunate fellow workers they know about?

    Irrespective of the source, I find it incredible that people would criticize any call to give, call to be charitable, particularly at times like Thanksgiving and Christmas, regardless of the circumstances.

    Some people would forget how to breath if they didn't have something to bitch about.
    We're not calling out the request to give as much as the Walmart history of low wages that require the request while the corp and it's owners walk away with billions.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  9. #79
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,562

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    You are entirely misunderstanding what Walmart is doing. Go back and re-read. They are asking their employees to donate to their employees, not the elderly or children, just their own hungry Walmart employees. Hence they could and should just do that themselves and make sure their employees make enough or are given enough (food baskets) to not be hungry.
    you are the second person in this thread to accuse me of misunderstanding the article. I didn't misunderstand the article. I understand the article very clearly. I am also of the understanding that, just because you have a job, doesn't mean that you can afford certain things. It's called the working poor.

    Now, I'll ask you again. If you were a Walmart employee, would you donate a 1 dollar box of Stove Top stuffing to help feed an elderly person on a fixed income?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  10. #80
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    you are the second person in this thread to accuse me of misunderstanding the article. I didn't misunderstand the article. I understand the article very clearly. I am also of the understanding that, just because you have a job, doesn't mean that you can afford certain things. It's called the working poor.

    Now, I'll ask you again. If you were a Walmart employee, would you donate a 1 dollar box of Stove Top stuffing to help feed an elderly person on a fixed income?
    Since you're not dealing with the topic at hand, I'll say.... bless your heart.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •