Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 604

Thread: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

  1. #581
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,563

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    There is a lot of room between minimum wage and a skilled tradesperson's pay.
    In Texas, the median annual income for a carpenter ($32K/year) is at or bellow the SNAP income threshold with three dependents even though it slightly exceeds double the federal minimum hourly wage.

    Carpenters
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #582
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,744

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    In Texas, the median annual income for a carpenter ($32K/year) is at or bellow the SNAP income threshold with three dependents even though it slightly exceeds double the federal minimum hourly wage.

    Carpenters
    A single person cant live comfortably on $32K a year in TX? I call BS on that.

    I look at property online all the time in TX. Love to visit there too. How can someone not live decently on that in most places in in TX?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #583
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Maybe Walmart should just close their doors and layoff the hundreds of thousands they presently employ....

    Why are progressives so ungrateful??

    Also the article clearly states this drive is for "needy families" E.G: those who have been laid off or those who are supporting families on a single salary....

    What the hell is wrong with that?

    Oh yeah, progressives expect that remedial employees make $25.00/hr...
    I hope that you don't think that because I sure don't.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  4. #584
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    I hope that you don't think that because I sure don't.
    Of course I think that - that's why I said it.

    I don't know what you think considering you haven't shared what you think.

  5. #585
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,563

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    A single person cant live comfortably on $32K a year in TX? I call BS on that.

    I look at property online all the time in TX. Love to visit there too. How can someone not live decently on that in most places in in TX?
    I never claimed otherwise. You will note that this response is to one bemoaning the fact that a single minimum wage income was not sufficient to support a family of four, followed by asserting that tradesmen make a lot more than the minimum wage. My point is that even the median pay of a skilled tradesman (carpenter) is not enough to have a family of four exceed the federal poverty level, thus they can "qualify" for federal SNAP and PPACA subsidies.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #586
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Of course I think that - that's why I said it.

    I don't know what you think considering you haven't shared what you think.
    Mr. Nick: start at post 1 in this thread and start reading and discover my thoughts.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  7. #587
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    Mr. Nick: start at post 1 in this thread and start reading and discover my thoughts.
    I've read them - they amount to nothing other than "no fair" and "its ironic."

    Look if you don't like walmart - don't shop there. You will only be hurting the employees tho.

  8. #588
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I've read them - they amount to nothing other than "no fair" and "its ironic."

    Look if you don't like walmart - don't shop there. You will only be hurting the employees tho.
    You said that I haven't shared what I thought yet, but now you said that you have read them and thought that I was thinking "no fair"? I think that you should reread them again, Sir.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  9. #589
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    You said that I haven't shared what I thought yet, but now you said that you have read them and thought that I was thinking "no fair"? I think that you should reread them again, Sir.
    I've read a few, however I'm not going to read 59 pages of posts....

    I don't think it really matters considering your political affiliation - you're anti-capitalism.

  10. #590
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I've read a few, however I'm not going to read 59 pages of posts....

    I don't think it really matters considering your political affiliation - you're anti-capitalism.
    If you want to think that
    than go ahead. Have a nice weekend and Happy Thanksgiving to ya.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •