Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 604

Thread: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

  1. #501
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    How 'great' are people entitled to? And I am talking about lower thru upper middle classes.

    People make choices on how they spend their money and still have good lives. Maybe expectations are too high? Consumerism creates alot of false expectations. Paying a mortgage, feeding and clothing the kids and some left over for recreation....what's so awful about that?
    The idea you have in your head about what the middle class is and where it is going are two different things. The middle class is moving towards poverty. They're going from mortgage's to renting. From having a little extra left over each month to having to choose between paying all the bills or buying enough food or going to the doctor.

  2. #502
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Hell yes I do suggest that.

    People can start out in those jobs and then MOVE ON or UP. Or do them as part time to support some other job. Etc etc etc.

    Seriously, are you using that as justification to NOT DEVELOP ANY SKILLS? How dumb & useless do you want our nation to become?
    I don't think you understand... this is actually getting kind of bizarre. I'm not sure I can explain something this basic to you, maybe someone else can. Not everyone can be chiefs, mostly we need braves to do the menial jobs...

  3. #503
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    I don't think you understand... this is actually getting kind of bizarre. I'm not sure I can explain something this basic to you, maybe someone else can. Not everyone can be chiefs, mostly we need braves to do the menial jobs...
    Chiefs? What, there is nothing between unskilled labor and service jobs and jobs that require skills and training? Seriously?

    There is a HUGE scale of jobs, trades, careers, and business opportunities. Good Lord, how limited is your thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #504
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    The idea you have in your head about what the middle class is and where it is going are two different things. The middle class is moving towards poverty. They're going from mortgage's to renting. From having a little extra left over each month to having to choose between paying all the bills or buying enough food or going to the doctor.
    I've spent parts of my life exactly like that...so? Who owes me anything else? It's my choices, always has been.

    It's called, for example, having enough to spend competing in a sport I love, but not yet even owning a vehicle built in this century. CHOICES.

    Exactly what ARE people entitled to in our society? A home? Does renting suck? A new car ever couple of years? Gee that would be nice. I wouldnt know. The $$ to support a few kids....do people ACTUALLY have ANY IDEA what it costs to raise kids?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #505
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    The problem is people do not have enough money to properly care for themselves and their family. Your "answer" to this is that it is THEIR problem so they can go **** themself.

    Thanks for the input big guy, you're quite the help.
    No, but you make it sound as if there is nothing they can do about it. It's not my fault they chose the path in life they are on.

    Hell, early on in life when I wasn't happy with the money I was making, I went out and did something about it. I didn't walk around thinking "gee, the guy that owns this place I work for owes me some of his money. That's immature thinking.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #506
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I've spent parts of my life exactly like that...so? Who owes me anything else? It's my choices, always has been.

    It's called, for example, having enough to spend competing in a sport I love, but not yet even owning a vehicle built in this century. CHOICES.

    Exactly what ARE people entitled to in our society? A home? Does renting suck? A new car ever couple of years? Gee that would be nice. I wouldnt know. The $$ to support a few kids....do people ACTUALLY have ANY IDEA what it costs to raise kids?
    Exactly...and no, they don't have a clue what kids cost, because we pay for them.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Good Lord, how limited is your thinking?
    With Verax? Seriously, don't tug at that string. It'll make your head hurt.

  8. #508
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Progressives obviously have a war on private sector companies doing anything nice - your hatred blinds you.
    If the private sector wants to do something nice why do they not get people off of public assistance and give them a livable wage? And if they can't do that than go pay their full taxes and quit itemizing to get out of it
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  9. #509
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    If the private sector wants to do something nice why do they not get people off of public assistance and give them a livable wage? And if they can't do that than go pay their full taxes and quit itemizing to get out of it
    lol, for some reason I doubt you do your taxes in this manner

  10. #510
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Wal-Mart Asks Workers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    lol, for some reason I doubt you do your taxes in this manner
    Not like they get to do.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •