Page 85 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1069

Thread: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

  1. #841
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Meaningless drivel. Not guilty means not enough evidence to convict, not proven innocent.
    That is meaningless drivel as there was no such evidence.


    It is nothing but an excuse used by those who do not like the verdict they are referring to.

    In Zimmerman's case, there was no evidence that would have supported a conviction under the law. None.





    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    First of all I think the jury made the correct call because there was not enough evidence for a conviction,
    There it is again. That is nothing but an excuse.
    Given what was known, there was no evidence that would have supported a conviction.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Martin had no criminal record, he'd had never been arrested for anything. Of the two the only one with a criminal record was Zimmerman based on his 2005 arrest for battery against a police officer.
    An arrest is not a criminal record.
    A conviction is. So tell us if you know what he was actually convicted of? In regards to what you posted, nothing.

    And while Trayvon did not have a criminal record, that was because the school's policy of suppressing such activity to falsely represent the stats, not because he wasn't involved with actual criminal activity.


    No that is not a fact. Zimmerman refused EMT transport to the hospital and he saw doctor the next day (the only reason he saw a doctor was for a return to work statement) and that doctor said it was possible but Zimmerman refused to have it x-ray'd or to see an ENT specialist to confirm.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Just because a person is loosing a fight is not proof that they didn't start the fight.
    It was not a fight but an attack. That is the only thing the evidence supports.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    #1 - There is no evidence that Martin left and returned to the area of the fight, all that is available is Zimmerman's description.
    Wrong.
    The evidence suggests that, or that he laid in wait. There is nothing outside of those possibilities.
    Even the witness heard running down towards the area Zimmerman was. That is highly suggestive of Trayvon returning just as Zimmerman claimed. In a place where he was not seen, he then was there yelling at Zimmerman and approaching in a hasty fashion. He was there, then he was here.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    #2 - Martin was in a place he was legally allowed to be and was not participating in any criminal activity, after trying to evade the person who was following him 3 times (once walking away from the Northeast cutthrough on Retreat View Circle, one walking away from the clubhouse, and finally running away from the vehicle) he was under no obligation under Florida's Stand Your Ground law to retreat if he felt endangered from the person that was pursuing him (from his perspective). He had a right to stand and defend himself if he preceived he was in danger. (Not the smartest thing in the world I will agree, but he had a legal right to do so.)
    That isn't even close.
    Trayvon had been looking into homes, which is suspicious and deserving of further scrutiny.
    Once being caught doing so, he continued on his way back to the place he was visiting. Which is not evading anything accept being seen looking suspicious.
    He knew he was being observed and followed.
    In response he circled the individual (an act of intimidation).
    Which he then stopped and hurried off and went between the buildings.
    Zimmerman got out and followed in the same direction to keep eyes on Trayvon and to get an address.
    As he passed the area Trayvon had gone, he looked for him, but Trayvon was not anywhere to be seen.
    Zimmerman then continued past the open area of the T to look for an address. Upon his return to the open area of the T, Trayvon came out of the area where he had not been, yelling at him and approached in a hasty fashion.

    Trayvon coming out of a place he had not been, to confront Zimmerman in the manner he did, is not standing your ground.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #842
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Trayvon had been looking into homes, which is suspicious and deserving of further scrutiny.
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    he continued on his way back to the place he was visiting. Which is not evading anything accept being seen looking suspicious.
    As I said he was leaving Zimmerman's area, i.e. retreating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    In response he circled the individual (an act of intimidation).
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Which he then stopped and hurried off and went between the buildings.
    As I said he was leaving Zimmerman's area, i.e. retreating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Zimmerman got out and followed in the same direction to keep eyes on Trayvon and to get an address.
    Ya, I always go behind houses, passing up the lighted address on the front of a house to go behind houses where there are no addresses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    As he passed the area Trayvon had gone, he looked for him, but Trayvon was not anywhere to be seen.
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Zimmerman then continued past the open area of the T to look for an address.
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Upon his return to the open area of the T, Trayvon came out of the area where he had not been, yelling at him and approached in a hasty fashion.
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Trayvon coming out of a place he had not been, to confront Zimmerman in the manner he did, is not standing your ground.
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.


    >>>>

  3. #843
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Except that there was a dead unarmed minor. That is at least a bit of evidnece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is meaningless drivel as there was no such evidence.


    It is nothing but an excuse used by those who do not like the verdict they are referring to.

    In Zimmerman's case, there was no evidence that would have supported a conviction under the law. None.





    There it is again. That is nothing but an excuse.
    Given what was known, there was no evidence that would have supported a conviction.



    An arrest is not a criminal record.
    A conviction is. So tell us if you know what he was actually convicted of? In regards to what you posted, nothing.

    And while Trayvon did not have a criminal record, that was because the school's policy of suppressing such activity to falsely represent the stats, not because he wasn't involved with actual criminal activity.


    No that is not a fact. Zimmerman refused EMT transport to the hospital and he saw doctor the next day (the only reason he saw a doctor was for a return to work statement) and that doctor said it was possible but Zimmerman refused to have it x-ray'd or to see an ENT specialist to confirm.



    It was not a fight but an attack. That is the only thing the evidence supports.


    Wrong.
    The evidence suggests that, or that he laid in wait. There is nothing outside of those possibilities.
    Even the witness heard running down towards the area Zimmerman was. That is highly suggestive of Trayvon returning just as Zimmerman claimed. In a place where he was not seen, he then was there yelling at Zimmerman and approaching in a hasty fashion. He was there, then he was here.


    That isn't even close.
    Trayvon had been looking into homes, which is suspicious and deserving of further scrutiny.
    Once being caught doing so, he continued on his way back to the place he was visiting. Which is not evading anything accept being seen looking suspicious.
    He knew he was being observed and followed.
    In response he circled the individual (an act of intimidation).
    Which he then stopped and hurried off and went between the buildings.
    Zimmerman got out and followed in the same direction to keep eyes on Trayvon and to get an address.
    As he passed the area Trayvon had gone, he looked for him, but Trayvon was not anywhere to be seen.
    Zimmerman then continued past the open area of the T to look for an address. Upon his return to the open area of the T, Trayvon came out of the area where he had not been, yelling at him and approached in a hasty fashion.

    Trayvon coming out of a place he had not been, to confront Zimmerman in the manner he did, is not standing your ground.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  4. #844
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    205

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What in the world does O-care have to do with anything here? Stick to the topic at hand please, I am sure if you want to defend O-care, there are plenty of threads you can join the other sycophants in chiming in....And, I have already stated that on that night Z acted stupidly by following M, but that the moment M didn't go home, and attacked that is exactly what you had was a self defense....You don't get to assault someone because they follow you.
    I didn't know you were there ... or maybe you believe Z? If it's the latter, are you wondering maybe even a tad whether it went down the way he said it did?

    As far as ACA is concerned, it was a response to your jury verdict comment ... we may not like what the jury decided, but we have to live (and someone in the future may have to die as a result of the verdict) with it, just as we have to live with the ACA law until the Congress repeals it (but without shutting the gov't down) ... Are you with me now?

  5. #845
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,300

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    If Martin was prowling, GZ should have said it. I think his words were "looking about"

    He should have said on the 911 calls that he was going up to houses and looking into them. He only made such inferences after he shot TM.

    I accept that GZ killed TM in self defense.

    BUT, the reality is that none of this would have happened if GZ stayed in his car and waited police to arrive. That is what set the whole thing in motion.

    Let the games begin.

  6. #846
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Martin attempted to leave the area with the strange man in the truck 3 times (once from the Northeast corner of Retreat View Circle, once from the clubhouse, and the third time running away from the vehicle), Martin in a place where his legal presence was permitted and was not committing a crime.

    So what does Florida's Stand Your Ground law not apply to him and somehow he had a requirement to retreat a 4th time from someone that was following him?

    And BTW - there is no independent evidence that showed who "attacked" who.


    >>>>
    No sir, and this has been gone over, and over, and over many, many times, and even adjudicated in a court of law, where Z was found not guilty. But it is clear, that all Martin had to do was go home to where dad was staying, he had lost Z. And Z should have not gotten out of his truck to look for M. But, BOTH of them had a legal right to be where they were, Z lived there as well. But once, M decided to confront Z then you switch the roles of whom is aggressor in that situation. A witness testified that M was on top in the fight, and there was testimony of Z whom testified that M approached him as he was headed back to his truck. You don't get to claim SYG if you are the one approaching another, and initiating a fight. That's called assault.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #847
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeafone View Post
    I didn't know you were there ... or maybe you believe Z? If it's the latter, are you wondering maybe even a tad whether it went down the way he said it did?

    As far as ACA is concerned, it was a response to your jury verdict comment ... we may not like what the jury decided, but we have to live (and someone in the future may have to die as a result of the verdict) with it, just as we have to live with the ACA law until the Congress repeals it (but without shutting the gov't down) ... Are you with me now?
    Your loose analogy is completely wrong in this case. Although I take your point that the law was passed, albeit along total partisan lines, and rammed through under shady circumstance to say the least, it is none the less at the moment law. And the verdict in the TM case is settled as well. Where your attempt falls apart is in that the O-care law can be reconsidered, and repealed if enough in Congress vote for it to happen. The TM case will always be settled. You get the difference right?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #848
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Except that there was a dead unarmed minor. That is at least a bit of evidnece.

    That is not evidence of a crime. Duh!

    Saying there wasn't enough evidence to convict, when they had no evidence of a crime, is nothing but an excuse.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #849
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.
    It is the reason he called the NEN.
    It needs nothing more than his statement to support it.
    But trying to make it appear as if Trayvon wasn't doing anything wrong when we have uncontested evidence that he was, is dishonesty.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    As I said he was leaving Zimmerman's area, i.e. retreating.

    Not the same thing.
    Continuing on your path is not retreating or purposely trying to avoid as you are trying to make it appear.
    And his coming back, or out of hiding, to confront Zimmerman, makes any claim of purposely avoiding, ridiculous.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.
    D'oh!
    Which is uncontested believable evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    As I said he was leaving Zimmerman's area, i.e. retreating.
    And again.
    Not the same thing.
    Continuing on your path is not retreating or purposely trying to avoid as you are trying to make it appear.
    And his coming back, or out of hiding, to confront Zimmerman, makes any claim of purposely avoiding, ridiculous.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Ya, I always go behind houses, passing up the lighted address on the front of a house to go behind houses where there are no addresses.
    Misstatement of facts. His purpose was two fold. To keep eyes on, as he said he looked down the path and Trayvon was not present.
    And he then continued on to get an address from the front which you seem to ignore.
    Watch the walk through. Start @ 06:50
    And keep in mind the address on the front of the house he passed on the right was obscured by the tree.

    All you are trying to do here is suggest that what he says doesn't make sense (when it does) and then using that to suggest he lied to try and cast everything he said in a bad light. Sorry that doesn't work or fly.
    He fully cooperated, passed lie detection efforts and withstood multiple examinations by various officers.
    He more than came across as believable. He would not have withstood such scrutiny had he not been telling the truth.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.
    D'oh!
    Which is uncontested believable evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.
    D'oh!
    Which is uncontested believable evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.
    D'oh!
    Which is uncontested believable evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Nothing supports this but Zimmerman's statement.
    D'oh!
    Which is uncontested believable evidence.
    Last edited by Excon; 11-26-13 at 05:07 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #850
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    So there is evidence the dead unarmed kid committed a crime, but not the Z man.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

Page 85 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •