Page 84 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1069

Thread: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

  1. #831
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,388

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Zimmerman GOT a fair trial.
    No kidding? I missed that part. Where he got let go on the charge or murder.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #832
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    No kidding? I missed that part. Where he got let go on the charge or murder.
    Rightfully so. The state did not prove its case. However, I do believe that Zimmerman acted recklessly. But stupidity is not a crime.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #833
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    No kidding? I missed that part. Where he got let go on the charge or murder.
    Did you pay so little attention that you didn't notice he was acquitted?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #834
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And was found 'Not Guilty' by a jury of his peers....This is a different case.
    Which isn't the same as "Didn't get a fair trial." He got a fair trial, and was acquitted. I tend to think that was the right verdict, and I tend to think that it was good that it went to trial.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #835
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Which isn't the same as "Didn't get a fair trial." He got a fair trial, and was acquitted. I tend to think that was the right verdict, and I tend to think that it was good that it went to trial.
    No doubt...And this being a separate issue there will be those that we see in here that will just not let go, and look at this issue on its own merit. They believe that the jury was wrong, and that the trial was mishandled. In that light, they will use not fact, but rather their own belief that Z was guilty, and wrongly let go, to immediately jump on this case and declare him guilty here, and therefore a post facto guilty in the Martin case as well...I swear, I think if they could legally storm his residence and pull him out and string him up, they would.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #836
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    205

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, I did back up Z in the T v. M trial. And still think to this day that although what Z did that night in terms of following M, was stupid, but that the moment that M turned instead of going home, and attacked Z, then Z had every right to defend himself.

    On this however, Z is placing himself in these domestic situations, by either choosing poorly the women he is with, or not separating himself before these situations escalate. In that case he is every bit as subject to the law for these things if found guilty as anyone else.
    LOL ... but I'm glad that the rationalization works for you ... I get a laugh, you get peace of mind -- win-win ...

  7. #837
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeafone View Post
    LOL ... but I'm glad that the rationalization works for you ... I get a laugh, you get peace of mind -- win-win ...
    So what should be done? Trial by popular opinion? maybe we could hear a jury verdict, and if it is something we disagree with we have the right to kill him anyway? What? You get a laugh out of selectively following the rule of law? How sad.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #838
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    205

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So what should be done? Trial by popular opinion? maybe we could hear a jury verdict, and if it is something we disagree with we have the right to kill him anyway? What? You get a laugh out of selectively following the rule of law? How sad.
    if you're suggesting that we do what the GOP did with ACA ... the law is passed, signed, deemed constitutional and they closed the government in protest ... then the answer is no. I understand the verdict (there was enough reasonable doubt because Z was the only witness and the prosecution stunk), but what I don't understand is those of you thinking it was as simple as the poor guy was attacked and he had to defend himself ... at the time I predicted that we'd eventually see him arrested, and maybe in jail ... and this won't be the last time ...

  9. #839
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeafone View Post
    if you're suggesting that we do what the GOP did with ACA ... the law is passed, signed, deemed constitutional and they closed the government in protest ... then the answer is no. I understand the verdict (there was enough reasonable doubt because Z was the only witness and the prosecution stunk), but what I don't understand is those of you thinking it was as simple as the poor guy was attacked and he had to defend himself ... at the time I predicted that we'd eventually see him arrested, and maybe in jail ... and this won't be the last time ...
    What in the world does O-care have to do with anything here? Stick to the topic at hand please, I am sure if you want to defend O-care, there are plenty of threads you can join the other sycophants in chiming in....And, I have already stated that on that night Z acted stupidly by following M, but that the moment M didn't go home, and attacked that is exactly what you had was a self defense....You don't get to assault someone because they follow you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #840
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What in the world does O-care have to do with anything here? Stick to the topic at hand please, I am sure if you want to defend O-care, there are plenty of threads you can join the other sycophants in chiming in....And, I have already stated that on that night Z acted stupidly by following M, but that the moment M didn't go home, and attacked that is exactly what you had was a self defense....You don't get to assault someone because they follow you.
    Martin attempted to leave the area with the strange man in the truck 3 times (once from the Northeast corner of Retreat View Circle, once from the clubhouse, and the third time running away from the vehicle), Martin in a place where his legal presence was permitted and was not committing a crime.

    So what does Florida's Stand Your Ground law not apply to him and somehow he had a requirement to retreat a 4th time from someone that was following him?

    And BTW - there is no independent evidence that showed who "attacked" who.


    >>>>

Page 84 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •