Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1069

Thread: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

  1. #551
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Now you are changing the goal posts.
    First it was "going right back to jail", now it is rearrested.
    Sorry, I am not going to wager with someone who can't get it, or keep it straight.
    Think of this as hammering out a contract. I wouldn't want you to get into a bet you didn't feel comfortable with. Do you accept the clarification as fair?

  2. #552
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Your lack of faith in Zimmerman's good nature is noted.
    D'oh! It is a lack in faith in you.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #553
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    D'oh! It is a lack in faith in you.
    See edit.

  4. #554
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    It's just $10, Excon.

    Secondly, we'll choose an impartial moderator, one both you and I agree on, to determine that the terms of the bet have been met fairly.

  5. #555
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    See edit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Think of this as hammering out a contract. I wouldn't want you to get into a bet you didn't feel comfortable with. Do you accept the clarification as fair?
    Ah yes, presto chang-o.

    Now I am definitely sure not to have faith.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #556
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Ah yes, presto chang-o.

    Now I am definitely sure not to have faith.
    Thus the use of an impartial arbiter, Excon, one you and I both agree on.

  7. #557
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Thus the use of an impartial arbiter, Excon, one you and I both agree on.
    I already said I have no faith in you.
    An arbiter would not change that.

    And if you don't understand, that means no.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #558
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I already said I have no faith in you.
    An arbiter would not change that.

    And if you don't understand, that means no.
    Are you accusing me of not paying up...ten dollars?? Trust me, I can afford to take that kind of hit. What I'm much less happy about is the hit against my reputation for welching on a bet, seeing as I've made this so public. I would look almost as bad as you're looking right now for trying weasel out of putting your money where your mouth is. You really don't look like you actually believe in Zimmerman's squeaky clean persona anymore.

    Just think about how you'd be able to drag my name through the basement if I refused to pay up!

    But then, I may be presuming. Maybe you're nervous because $10 is in fact a lot for you. Therefore, I change the terms so that I pay $10, while you only have to pay...$1. That's right, one dollar to my ten. Fair?

  9. #559
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Are you accusing me of not paying up...ten dollars?? Trust me, I can afford to take that kind of hit. What I'm much less happy about is the hit against my reputation for welching on a bet, seeing as I've made this so public. I would look almost as bad as you're looking right now for trying weasel out of putting your money where your mouth is. Just think about how you'd be able to drag my name through the basement if I refused to pay up!

    But then, I may be presuming. Maybe you're nervous because $10 is in fact a lot for you. Therefore, I change the terms so that I pay $10, while you only have to pay...$1. That's right, one dollar to my ten. Fair?
    Accusing? iLOL
    The above are the actions of a bully trying to get his way. I would be more concerned with that at this point.

    I stand by what I said, and that doesn't mean I have to engage in a bet with you. Or don't you know that?

    I myself have previously offered bets that were not taken. I didn't try to force it though.
    I have even engaged with one here who believes he lost the bet, but I maintain the bet was void because there was no meeting of the minds.

    So I have no problem engaging in friendly bets. So pay attention, as I said, it is a lack of faith in you.

    I gave you my answer, "no", or do you not know what "no" means?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #560
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Accusing? iLOL
    The above are the actions of a bully trying to get his way. I would be more concerned with that at this point.

    I stand by what I said, and that doesn't mean I have to engage in a bet with you. Or don't you know that?

    I myself have previously offered bets that were not taken. I didn't try to force it though.
    I have even engaged with one here who believes he lost the bet, but I maintain the bet was void because there was no meeting of the minds.

    So I have no problem engaging in friendly bets. So pay attention, as I said, it is a lack of faith in you.

    I gave you my answer, "no", or do you not know what "no" means?
    That's fine. You are, as I suspected, all talk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •