Page 32 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1069

Thread: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

  1. #311
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,522

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I'm sure my wife wouldn't be wandering around in the dark, in the rain, in a strange neighborhood...even though she has the right to do so
    Yeah cuz walking down the road is a provocative act that only crazy people do, right? I mean.. who the **** in their right mind walks down the road? Geez.. some people are just NUTS.

  2. #312
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Well, that's where reasonable doubt comes in. I agree with the ruling.

    Though, zimmerman could have pushed trayvon. Or shoved him. At that moment, trayvon had the right to kick his ass and zim would be at fault. Though we don't know any of that.
    which leads to a chain reaction. if zimmerman pushed Martin, then martin had the right to push him back....not knock him down and pound his head against the ground.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #313
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Yeah cuz walking down the road is a provocative act that only crazy people do, right? I mean.. who the **** in their right mind walks down the road? Geez.. some people are just NUTS.
    walking around in the rain and dark in a neighborhood where you are a stranger for 45 minutes is enough to cause reasonable suspicion.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #314
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    I said there was no video, you said I was wrong. Since I was wrong there must be a video, I simply asked for you to provide a link.

    What? No video. That's what I said.

    I see you also have trouble following.

    I replied to your no evidence of by saying the following.
    Which is clear by the last sentence.

    Wrong!
    His injuries were consistent with his claim of an attack. That is evidence of.

    And then you replied with more video bs.
    And I replied by pointing out by asking if I said anything about a video, which I hadn't.
    I replied to you claim of no evidence of.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Zimmerman didn't cry out for help until AFTER the fight started. That is not indicative of who started the fight, only that Zimmerman was losing.
    Oy vey! One does not call out for help in a mutual confrontation.
    There was no fight. It was an attack.
    We are talking a very limited amount of time here.
    There was no mutual confrontation but an attack and an immediate calling for help.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Zimmerman has shown a willingness to lie to the court.
    Really? Where?
    You shouldn't even go there because you are wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Ahhh - yes it is. What is unknown is who started the fight.
    Ah no it wasn't. We have evidence that it was by the very person being attacked.
    The evidence in toto does not support that it was a fight but an attack.
    Your beliefs on this are convoluted.



    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    The prosecution failed to prove a case .
    Right. Which isn't because there was evidence that could be found against Zimmerman, it was because the evidence pointed to his claim being accurate and believable.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Very informed.
    You have yet to display such knowledge.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    No it means that the witness didn't see it.

    In addition brandishing a weapon does not mean it has to be removed from the holster. You know that right?
    More silliness I see.
    The witness not seeing it and Trayvon not saying anything about a gun to anybody, especially to a third party, who told him to stop, supports Zimmerman's account of when the gun came out.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Faulty logic. The phone call ended immediately after contact. It's illogical to assume that Martin was going to continue to describe to Rachel what was happening after he'd dropped the phone and the call ended.
    Yes your logic is faulty.
    He made no exclamation.
    Rachel heard a little "get off" passed the point where Trayvon attack Zimmerman. Had Trayvon seen the gun and was reacting to it, he more than likely would have made a verbal exclamation about the gun, which Rachel would have heard, yet did not. The gun wasn't out or shown.


    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Again you incorrectly assume that threatening with a gun requires the removal of the gun from the holster. It doesn't.
    Wrong. The gun wasn't out and he hadn't seen it either or he would have said something. Especially to someone who could help like John.
    Instead he ignored John call to stop, which is what an attacker would do.

    He attacked Zimmerman and lost his life for it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #315
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    which leads to a chain reaction. if zimmerman pushed Martin, then martin had the right to push him back....not knock him down and pound his head against the ground.
    Actually under Florida law, if Zimmerman had pushed Martin it would have been battery and, yes Martin could have beat beat him as long as he Martin perceived Zimmerman as a continued threat. He would not be required to separate and give Zimmerman a second chance to attack. That's kind of what Stand Your Ground is about, not having to retreat.


    >>>>

  6. #316
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    which leads to a chain reaction. if zimmerman pushed Martin, then martin had the right to push him back....not knock him down and pound his head against the ground.
    I disagree. There are variances in discrepancies, so every situation is different. But if zim pushed Martin, i would support matrons right to stomp his ass out. But if zim didn't throw the first blow, then Martin got what he deserved.

  7. #317
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    walking around in the rain and dark in a neighborhood where you are a stranger for 45 minutes is enough to cause reasonable suspicion.
    I don't think so. But it still isn't illegal to follow someone for that reason.

  8. #318
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Actually under Florida law, if Zimmerman had pushed Martin it would have been battery and, yes Martin could have beat beat him as long as he Martin perceived Zimmerman as a continued threat. He would not be required to separate and give Zimmerman a second chance to attack. That's kind of what Stand Your Ground is about, not having to retreat.


    >>>>
    and even if that had been the case, Zimmerman would still have been covered under the FL statutes for self-defense and use of force by an aggressor.

    and FWIW. if someone is flat on their back, bleeding from the face and back of the head...how much of a perceived threat can they be....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #319
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    I don't think so. But it still isn't illegal to follow someone for that reason.
    so if you saw a stranger walking around your neighborhood on a dark rainy night, you wouldn't be suspicious?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #320
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and even if that had been the case, Zimmerman would still have been covered under the FL statutes for self-defense and use of force by an aggressor.
    Yeah, but it would be all zims fault. Once you start a fight, you are the aggressor.

    and FWIW. if someone is flat on their back, bleeding from the face and back of the head...how much of a perceived threat can they be....
    agreed.

Page 32 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •