Page 18 of 107 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1069

Thread: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

  1. #171
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Again you are blindly defending him. I have not seen you defend any other domestic violence suspects on this fourm. What do you call that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Then you do not understand the terms you are using.
    No one has held him out to be a poster boy.
    So that can't be accurate.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  2. #172
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    Not sure how you define or categorize Zimmerman and the implications and consequences of 'stand your ground laws' .. but one way I define them is as republican .. who make up the vast majority of those who celebrate Zimmerman and the laws. Lets not attempt the PC meme .. republicans don't like/hate black people .. which is sure as hell their right to do. :0) But who they hate is not my problem.

    Just so you know, I've never voted for Obama, not a democrat, don't believe in lesser evil .. but Zimmerman and stand your ground represent an evil that will not be ignored. As I said, door slammed shut, nail in the coffin.

    Hey, maybe all the data is wrong and republicans can win a national election in 2016 with just white people .. but they sure as hell couldn't do it in 2008, couldn't do it in 2012 .. and the evolving population is only going to get worse for your side.

    Maybe the data is wrong and the republican base isn't really shrinking. :0)

    What does Zimmerman have to do with republicans .. politically, everything.
    Not one republican endorsed zimmerman.

    Stand your ground only means no duty to retreat. You still have to act within the law for self defense. It doesn't mean you can just go around killing people. So how is it evil?

  3. #173
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Again you are blindly defending him.
    Wrong. You are the one blindly condemning him even though everybody knows he acted in self defense. And you're leaving out important details when doing so. That is dishonest.


    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I have not seen you defend any other domestic violence suspects on this fourm. What do you call that?
    WTF?
    Just what do you think one case has to do with another?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #174
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Lets see, what they have in common...um, Zimmerman.

    He killed a kid. At some point that day he could have done something different to aviod that. There was not enough evidence to convict him...great. Those are the facts. Nuthin dishonest about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong. You are the one blindly condemning him even though everybody knows he acted in self defense. And you're leaving out important details when doing so. That is dishonest.


    WTF?
    Just what do you think one case has to do with another?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #175
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Not one republican endorsed zimmerman.

    Stand your ground only means no duty to retreat. You still have to act within the law for self defense. It doesn't mean you can just go around killing people. So how is it evil?
    I'm betting that just about everybody on this board .. which I'm new to .. who supports George Zimmerman and stand your ground laws, are republican/teabagger/conservative/right winger/just hates black people. Most all fall somewhere in that mix.

    I have no illusion that I possess the power to change anyone's mind about anything .. thus, how you interpret stand your ground is purely up to you .. interpret them anyway you choose. But for me, they represent an evil reminiscent of America's ****-stained racist past. I equate the murder of Trayvon Martin to that of Emmitt Till .. reinforced the further murder of an innocent woman stranded by car problems.

    As with most laws, it's less about the law itself, than it is about the application of the law.

    Nail in coffin forever.

  6. #176
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    I'm betting that just about everybody on this board .. which I'm new to .. who supports George Zimmerman and stand your ground laws, are republican/teabagger/conservative/right winger/just hates black people
    Interesting. So your argument is basically: "I have no actual evidence for what I am saying, but I'm not going to let that stop me from smearing large groups of people if it allows me to adopt a morally offended tone."

    Well, I don't know you. But considering that you probably eat children, I discount your right to condemn others .

  7. #177
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Lets see, what they have in common...um, Zimmerman.

    He killed a kid. At some point that day he could have done something different to aviod that. There was not enough evidence to convict him...great. Those are the facts. Nuthin dishonest about that.
    Wrong.
    What is dishonest is leaving out that he did so in self defense against an attacker.
    And you saying he could have "avoided" is spin as nothing he did needed to be avoided.
    It was Trayvon who should have avoided attacking a person.

    And this "not enough evidence" is bs and nothing but an excuse. The evidence showed he was attacked.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #178
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Ahhhh the right. No matter how blatantly obvious it is you were wrong, you will stick to your guns (no pun intended) to the bitter end. This is why you guys are intellectually inferior. Despite new evidence you cling to your old beliefs blindly. This is why you're always "losing" your country, because your mind is stuck in the past.

  9. #179
    Student Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mancave hidden deep in the mountains
    Last Seen
    08-09-17 @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    267

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    I'm betting that just about everybody on this board .. which I'm new to .. who supports George Zimmerman and stand your ground laws, are republican/teabagger/conservative/right winger/just hates black people. Most all fall somewhere in that mix.

    I have no illusion that I possess the power to change anyone's mind about anything .. thus, how you interpret stand your ground is purely up to you .. interpret them anyway you choose. But for me, they represent an evil reminiscent of America's ****-stained racist past. I equate the murder of Trayvon Martin to that of Emmitt Till .. reinforced the further murder of an innocent woman stranded by car problems.

    As with most laws, it's less about the law itself, than it is about the application of the law.

    Nail in coffin forever.
    I have a feeling most radical left-wingers don't know there ass from hole in the ground.......yup that would be my guess.

  10. #180
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida

    Not sure if this was posted yet....

    911 calls released following Zimmerman domestic disturbance arrest - U.S. News

    That's the 911 call made by the girlfriend and his following call. Notice his relative calm... interesting.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

Page 18 of 107 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •