Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1069

Thread: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

  1. #1031
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    My statement is completely true without question. Your's is one witness's story, the other one is dead. Very questionalbe. Remember Z was not proven innocent, there was not enough evidence to convict him, that is all.
    No such thing in US law. We start here with the presumption of innocence.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1032
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    This is a very simple concept, a trial does not prove innocence. Even Zimmerman. I imagine this is about 4th or 5th grade level stuff...so I will just take the first link I come to. It is amazing how bat**** crazy you guys have gone over the Z man. He killed an unarmed kid and if he had used his head he could have avioded it. Not a great person for a RW hero.


    "Juries never find defendants innocent. They cannot. Not only is it not their job, it is not within their power. They can only find them "not guilty."

    Innocent v. Not Guilty Article | Duvall Law Office, P.C. | Eugene Oregon | Criminal Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No such thing in US law. We start here with the presumption of innocence.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #1033
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    This is a very simple concept, a trial does not prove innocence. Even Zimmerman. I imagine this is about 4th or 5th grade level stuff...so I will just take the first link I come to. It is amazing how bat**** crazy you guys have gone over the Z man. He killed an unarmed kid and if he had used his head he could have avioded it. Not a great person for a RW hero.


    "Juries never find defendants innocent. They cannot. Not only is it not their job, it is not within their power. They can only find them "not guilty."

    Innocent v. Not Guilty Article | Duvall Law Office, P.C. | Eugene Oregon | Criminal Defense
    At the end of the day only George and Trayvon knew what happened - arguing positions is useless. I wasn't there and you weren't so speculating on intent from either party is useless.

  4. #1034
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    True. But he was not found innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    At the end of the day only George and Trayvon knew what happened - arguing positions is useless. I wasn't there and you weren't so speculating on intent from either party is useless.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #1035
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    This is a very simple concept, a trial does not prove innocence. Even Zimmerman. I imagine this is about 4th or 5th grade level stuff...so I will just take the first link I come to. It is amazing how bat**** crazy you guys have gone over the Z man. He killed an unarmed kid and if he had used his head he could have avioded it. Not a great person for a RW hero.


    "Juries never find defendants innocent. They cannot. Not only is it not their job, it is not within their power. They can only find them "not guilty."

    Innocent v. Not Guilty Article | Duvall Law Office, P.C. | Eugene Oregon | Criminal Defense
    While I understand your point, and it is a valid one when considering the role of a juror, I think you are overlooking an important facet of the Zimmerman case. Consider the following from the link you provided:

    "In order for an indictment (the piece of paper actually accusing a defendant) to be handed down, either a grand jury (seven citizens selected from the jury pool) must "believe the person is guilty" or a judge after a preliminary hearing must make a finding that "probable cause" exists to charge the defendant — that is, a finding that the defendant is "probably" guilty.

    Accused persons, therefore, go to trial with a finding having already been made, albeit in some cases haphazardly, that they are more than likely guilty of the crime alleged. A terrible stain is cast upon them. Even if the jury concludes that reasonable doubt exists as to guilt, it is a stain that will remain forever."

    This is where people believe the state of Florida failed GZ. First of all, the Grand Jury step (which is the generally accepted method of bringing these charges against someone in cases such as these) was purposefully not utilized for political reasons. Secondly, there is reason to believe that the only reason GZ was indicted was because of purposeful deceit and the omission of exculpatory evidence in the information provided to the judge. In essence, the attorneys seeking an indictment misled the judge to garner an indictment. Thus, GZ was wrongfully indicted due to him being denied the protection of a grand jury and the professional misconduct of the attorneys in their filings to the judge. This was highlighted in the trial itself by the generally weak case brought against him by the prosecution. That is the reason many believe GZ does not deserve the "terrible stain" that has been cast upon him; he should never have been charged with murder in the first place. So, yes, while the jury couldn't technically find him "innocent," that original determination of innocence (by a grand jury or judge) was tainted and it is an injustice to not acknowledge that when considering how he now has to live with "a stain that will remain forever."
    Last edited by CycloneWanderer; 12-17-13 at 05:49 PM.

  6. #1036
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    This is a very simple concept, a trial does not prove innocence. Even Zimmerman. I imagine this is about 4th or 5th grade level stuff...so I will just take the first link I come to. It is amazing how bat**** crazy you guys have gone over the Z man. He killed an unarmed kid and if he had used his head he could have avioded it. Not a great person for a RW hero.


    "Juries never find defendants innocent. They cannot. Not only is it not their job, it is not within their power. They can only find them "not guilty."

    Innocent v. Not Guilty Article | Duvall Law Office, P.C. | Eugene Oregon | Criminal Defense
    OMG! That is what I just told you! You seemed to be hung up on Z having a problem because he hadn't been found "innocent"... Then you come back and confirm that can not happen in our system. You think you're being clever by double speaking, and insulting me, but I assure you you're not.

    As for your descriptors of Z "killing" an "unarmed" kid, and calling him a RW hero. It is hopelessly slanted, biased, and dishonorable to label people, and events in such a dishonest way. Good day.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1037
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    True. But he was not found innocent.
    SO WHAT!!! He was found not guilty by a jury. That's the end of it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1038
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    He killed an unarmed kid
    Still being dishonest I see.

    He killed a young adult who was using his body as a weapon.
    That is not being unarmed.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1039
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    True. But he was not found innocent.
    are we part of the same country? There is no such thing as "being found innocent". You are innocent until proven guilty. So, he's innocent.

  10. #1040
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: George Zimmerman Arrested Again In Central Florida [W:351]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    True. But he was not found innocent.
    True enough, because since we are all presumed innocent in this country, the failure to convict means that he never lost that presumption...He remains innocent, I suspect that is about 4th or 5th grade stuff.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •