Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 414

Thread: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges[W:287]

  1. #61
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And?
    He isn't claiming he shot because she did anything.
    He claims the firearm accidentally discharged.
    Which part of "Just to be clear" did you not understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #62
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Just to be clear - the only evidence that shows she did something to give the accused a reason to believe that she represented a threat is that the accused said he was afraid she was breaking in.
    Yep. The accused is claiming accidental discharge of the gun after some sort of initial presumed threat caused him to get the gun - he is not claiming that he was ever actually threatened (no SYG claim is being made).
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #63
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Which part of "Just to be clear" did you not understand?
    And what was it you did not understand about my reply?
    Your point was meaningless as he didn't claim she was shot for doing anything.
    He claims the firearm accidentally discharged.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #64
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And what was it you did not understand about my reply?
    It's relevance

    Your point was meaningless as he didn't claim she was shot for doing anything.
    Your point is meaningless because ttwtt and I weren't talking about why he claimed he shot her
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #65
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by lawboy View Post
    I have not checked MI laws, but 2ND degree murder is not premeditated or known as Malice Aforethought.

    Michigan Legislature - MCL Index | CHAPTER XLV HOMICIDE
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #66
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I am glad you asked.
    The evidence showed that homeowner Theodore Wafer, 54, shot McBride through a locked screen door after opening the storm door, Worthy said.
    Murder charges after racially-tinged US shooting


    And that he obviously has a storm door.



    Which has since been removed for evidence.



    Storm door opened, screen door locked.
    Now I have no idea if what has been reported is true, but that would be one hell of a thing to attribute to Prosecutor Worthy as saying if she hadn't said it.
    Well, obviously the paper got it wrong. He shot through the storm door after opening the interior one. (Since there's no hole in the interior door, that's pretty evident.)

  7. #67
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    701

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    1ST degree;

    a) Murder perpetrated by means of poison, lying in wait, or any other willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing.

    Second degree is not premeditated.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    He shot through the storm door after opening the interior one.
    Really? That isn't what the Prosecutor is reported as saying.
    Where is the broken glass? I ask because every pic and video of the door I see, shows reflection off the glass.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Well, obviously the paper got it wrong.
    Really?
    You know that how?

    I am not saying the report is accurate, as I understand that mistakes can be made.
    But you are going to have to show me that it was a mistake, and not just something you believe.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #69
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Your point is meaningless because ttwtt and I weren't talking about why he claimed he shot her
    Tell it to someone who will believe you.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #70
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Well, obviously the paper got it wrong. He shot through the storm door after opening the interior one. (Since there's no hole in the interior door, that's pretty evident.)
    Just to point out: Excon's top photo doesn't show anything of value at all, since the shot was to the face, and that photo doesn't show a face level shot of the doors. His claim was that she had the screen door open, and he has no evidence of that. If the screen door was removed, I would imagine it is likely it was removed because it is the door that has the hole in it (since the report says she was shot through it). If the outer door was locked and the inner door was open, this would mean that the homeowner opened the inner door. I don't see how this fits into the scenario. I would like to hear his explanation for this.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •