Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 414

Thread: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges[W:287]

  1. #221
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How do you know it was "aimed at her face?" It could have just as easily been aimed at the door, and when it went off the recoil rose the barrel and the shot ended up hitting her in the face?

    Have you ever fired a shotgun, or a gun of any type?
    Of course! When I open the door to someone who I think poses a threat, I point the gun towards random objects and sometimes the threat rushes to put their face wherever the gun is pointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #222
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I disagree with you completely... as do most law enforcement and military agencies. The first rule of gun safety taught to anyone, either in a private or professional setting, is that you never, ever point a gun at someone if you do not intend to kill them. He pointed a gun at a woman who was on the other side of a screen door, no threat to him, and obviously unarmed.

    At the very least, this is negligent homicide (i.e. manslaughter) but his actions were so blatantly unnecessary and extraordinarily dangerous that I personally do not believe 2nd Degree Murder is a stretch. She did not break down his door and charge into his house; he voluntarily opened his door, pointed a shotgun at her and killed her as she stood on the other side of a closed screen door.

    You may justify that however you wish. I, however, do not believe it can possibly be justified by the information we currently have available.
    I wasn't justifying what he did. I was responding to someone claiming it is ALWAYS manslaughter to "accidentally" shoot someone, and I explained that it is not giving a theoretical example of when it would not.

  3. #223
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How do you know it was "aimed at her face?" It could have just as easily been aimed at the door, and when it went off the recoil rose the barrel and the shot ended up hitting her in the face?

    Have you ever fired a shotgun, or a gun of any type?
    No, it doesn't really work that way. The projectile(s) are long gone out the barrel before the rise.

  4. #224
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Of course! When I open the door to someone who I think poses a threat, I point the gun towards random objects and sometimes the threat rushes to put their face wherever the gun is pointed.

    Where does the article in the OP say that Wafer opened the door? Have you even read the opening article? Because if you have, then you are just making **** up here.
    Last edited by j-mac; 11-18-13 at 03:46 PM.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #225
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    I fully disagree with the slogan that you never point a firearm at someone you are not intending to kill. You point a firearm at someone preparing to use the firearm for self defense if necessary.

  6. #226
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    No, it doesn't really work that way. The projectile(s) are long gone out the barrel before the rise.
    All I am saying is that the article doesn't say that he opened the door, nor does it say that he was aiming at her head, or anything like that. In fact the reasonable explanation when reading the article is that he had the shotgun aimed at the door, as he approached and the gun fired accidentally, went through the door and happened to hit her in the head....In fact, from what I see in the article, it doesn't say that he knew it was a girl, nor how tall she was, so this rush to make Wafer out to be someone who opened the door, took aim, and blew her head off is ridiculous.
    Last edited by j-mac; 11-18-13 at 03:47 PM.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #227
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Where does the article in the OP say that McBride opened the door? Have you even read the opening article? Because if you have, then you are just making **** up here.
    The Case Of Renisha McBride - Ta-Nehisi Coates - The Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #228
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges


    What did the OP article say? Or did you have to do a search before you could find one that included a speculation by the prosecutor to say what you wanted...Now find for me in the op article where ANY speculation infers that the door was opened?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #229
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What did the OP article say? Or did you have to do a search before you could find one that included a speculation by the prosecutor to say what you wanted...Now find for me in the op article where ANY speculation infers that the door was opened?
    You got pwned, and now you're trying to insist that I offer proof that he opened the door, while you speculate that he shot through the front door, with no evidence to support you, and in spite of the picture taken after the shooting which shows no hole in the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #230
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Of course! When I open the door to someone who I think poses a threat, I point the gun towards random objects and sometimes the threat rushes to put their face wherever the gun is pointed.
    Or she came into line with the barrel on her own startling him.
    So again, stop assuming.
    Even if aimed at her, by the evidence we have it is only a Manslaughter charge, not Murder 2
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •