Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 414

Thread: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges[W:287]

  1. #181
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    When did the prosecutor release evidence to prove he "aimed" at her face? I haven't seen that yet.
    Please respond to what I wrote, not to your interpretation of what I wrote. I said he "pointed" his shotgun at her face, and the evidence of that is that shotguns hit what they are pointed at, and this one blew her face off.

  2. #182
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Please respond to what I wrote, not to your interpretation of what I wrote. I said he "pointed" his shotgun at her face, and the evidence of that is that shotgun hit what they are pointed at, and this one blew her face off.
    OK, obviously. Big difference between aiming and pointing a firearm in terms of show intent.

  3. #183
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    The Defense should subpoena Joe Biden's statement about shotguns and prowlers at night. I mean, this guy only fired ONE blast, not 2.

    That would be a curious element if the defense presented that of many instantaneous panic reasoning included the Defendant had seen Joe Biden explaining this - and even more interesting would be to explain that's why he had a shotgun instead of opened the door holding a pistol. Because Joe Biden, Vice President (and attorney) said that is what everyone should do:

    1. OPEN A DOOR TO THE OUTSIDE
    2. FIRE A SHOTGUN TWICE

    How can what he did by opening the door be TOTALLY reckless when the attorney Vice President said to do exactly that - and the media did not declare that is wrong in commenting. He was doing what his government and an attorney of his government said is the thing to do.

    IF the prosecution continues with a murder charge, instead of just manslaughter, that would be entirely relevant as for murder the question is opened up of what was in his mind, what was his motives, and was it malice or not?

    He is a murderer for following the Vice President's televised advice? Maybe Biden should have been more careful what he said, such as "be absolutely certain you don't shoot someone when you do."

    Nor did Biden say "dial 911."
    Last edited by joko104; 11-17-13 at 10:58 PM.

  4. #184
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    OK, obviously. Big difference between aiming and pointing a firearm in terms of show intent.
    Which is why I said "pointed"... which you deliberately changed to "aim", knowing that word significantly changed the meaning of my statement.

    Even if the discharge was accidental (and it was a freaking shotgun, not a hair-trigger handgun), if the gun had not been pointed at the victim when it fired, the victim would not be dead, and if the homeowner did not intend to kill the person on his porch, he had no damned business pointing a gun at her in the first place.

  5. #185
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Which is why I said "pointed"... which you deliberately changed to "aim", knowing that word significantly changed the meaning of my statement.

    Even if the discharge was accidental (and it was a freaking shotgun, not a hair-trigger handgun), if the gun had not been pointed at the victim when it fired, the victim would not be dead, and if the homeowner did not intend to kill the person on his porch, he had no damned business pointing a gun at her in the first place.

    I totally disagree that pointing a firearm at someone shows intention to kill the person. It may likely show a willingness or potential to do so.

  6. #186
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Which is why I said "pointed"... which you deliberately changed to "aim", knowing that word significantly changed the meaning of my statement.

    Even if the discharge was accidental (and it was a freaking shotgun, not a hair-trigger handgun), if the gun had not been pointed at the victim when it fired, the victim would not be dead, and if the homeowner did not intend to kill the person on his porch, he had no damned business pointing a gun at her in the first place.
    If the porch light was working, which I don't know, why in the world would he feel it was necessary to "point" his weapon at a young girl. I don't consider the time of night a valid reason either.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #187
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I totally disagree that pointing a firearm at someone shows intention to kill the person. It may likely show a willingness or potential to do so.
    I disagree with you completely... as do most law enforcement and military agencies. The first rule of gun safety taught to anyone, either in a private or professional setting, is that you never, ever point a gun at someone if you do not intend to kill them. He pointed a gun at a woman who was on the other side of a screen door, no threat to him, and obviously unarmed.

    At the very least, this is negligent homicide (i.e. manslaughter) but his actions were so blatantly unnecessary and extraordinarily dangerous that I personally do not believe 2nd Degree Murder is a stretch. She did not break down his door and charge into his house; he voluntarily opened his door, pointed a shotgun at her and killed her as she stood on the other side of a closed screen door.

    You may justify that however you wish. I, however, do not believe it can possibly be justified by the information we currently have available.

  8. #188
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,028
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    How do you answer a door and accidentally shoot someone in the face exactly?

    Did he answer the door with the gun pointed at the woman? It's like walking around with a knife. Don't we almost instinctively hold it down so we don't accidentally walk around a corner and stab someone?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #189
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    When did the prosecutor release evidence to prove he "aimed" at her face? I haven't seen that yet.
    If her face is missing, then that's where he aimed.... Logic 101.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #190
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Homeowner in Renisha McBride's killing to face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Even if the discharge was accidental (and it was a freaking shotgun, not a hair-trigger handgun), if the gun had not been pointed at the victim when it fired, the victim would not be dead, and if the homeowner did not intend to kill the person on his porch, he had no damned business pointing a gun at her in the first place.
    He had every right and business to be pointing a gun at a person he believed was trying to break into his house.

    And the discharge being accidental would mean there was a lack of intent.


    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    The first rule of gun safety taught to anyone, either in a private or professional setting, is that you never, ever point a gun at someone if you do not intend to kill them.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    He pointed a gun at a woman who was on the other side of a screen door, no threat to him, and obviously unarmed.
    You are again assuming he pointed it. When he may have been just carrying it with the barrel facing in the direction of the possible threat.
    Not that this matters to an accidental discharge, but how was he to know the person on the other side wasn't a threat or wasn't armed?
    You are assuming way to much here.


    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    but his actions were so blatantly unnecessary and extraordinarily dangerous that I personally do not believe 2nd Degree Murder is a stretch.
    No they were not unnecessary or extraordinary dangerous.
    Even if he did have his finger on the trigger and pointed it at her it was wise in the situation he believed he was in ~ someone breaking into his house.


    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    pointed a shotgun at her and killed her as she stood on the other side of a closed screen door.
    More assumptions on your part.


    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    You may justify that however you wish. I, however, do not believe it can possibly be justified by the information we currently have available.
    Under the current information we have it is manslaughter. Murder 2 being a stretch.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •