Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 888

Thread: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

  1. #431
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Correct, Bush saw some growth. He pulled out of the recession at a nice clip until that accelerated rate of growth petered out in 2004. He then saw a significantly decreased growth rate for three more years until the rapid decline of 2008, which crashed the economy.

    That crash bottomed out about six months into Obama's term---surely you don't blame Obama for that crash, do you? And, thanks to Obama and despite the GOP's best efforts to squash the recovery, the fall in GDP rapidly comes to an end and begins to accelerate resulting in the positive GDP growth rate returning by 2010, where it has stayed.
    I don't know that I blame any single person for the crash, or for that matter, anyone at all.

    Our economic system seems to have these pits every so often, and we recover after a bit. Not sure if that's a good point or a bad point, really.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #432
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,650

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's see how good your math is. I can beat you to death all day with actual numbers



    Feel free to calculate the GDP by year and get back to me. From BLS.gov

    2001-32o billion
    2002-350 billion
    2003-360 billion
    2004-530 billion
    2005-760 billion
    2006-870 billion
    2007-630 billion
    2008-240 billion

    Your support for Obama is part of the 40% and shows how intellectually challenged you are
    What good is all the growth when the end result is a crash which ruined the economy for a decade? You cons never cease to amaze me though. I actually found one who is defending Bush's job with the economy.

  3. #433
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,650

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I don't know that I blame any single person for the crash, or for that matter, anyone at all.

    Our economic system seems to have these pits every so often, and we recover after a bit. Not sure if that's a good point or a bad point, really.
    I'd say the crashed economy is more Bush's fault than the slow recovery is Obama's. Bush presided over and in fact encouraged teh housing bubble which caused the crash. That is not disputable. Obama wanted to push through a bigger stimulus package and the GOP handcuffed him with austerity instead. Also indisputable.

  4. #434
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'd say the crashed economy is more Bush's fault than the slow recovery is Obama's. Bush presided over and in fact encouraged teh housing bubble which caused the crash. That is not disputable. Obama wanted to push through a bigger stimulus package and the GOP handcuffed him with austerity instead. Also indisputable.
    I don't recall anyone complaining much about the housing bubble when it was a bubble.

    Thus I don't blame anyone in particular for letting it expand til it popped.

    I find it ironic that you're seemingly attempting to view the events from a perspective that casts blame in one direction (Bush), while at the same time calling other people on doing the same thing in the other direction (Obama).
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #435
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,650

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I don't recall anyone complaining much about the housing bubble when it was a bubble.

    Thus I don't blame anyone in particular for letting it expand til it popped.

    I find it ironic that you're seemingly attempting to view the events from a perspective that casts blame in one direction (Bush), while at the same time calling other people on doing the same thing in the other direction (Obama).
    Well, Obama is trying to drive a car that the previous president smashed into a tree. So, you figure it out.

  6. #436
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, Obama is trying to drive a car that the previous president smashed into a tree. So, you figure it out.
    And Bush was driving the same car that previous presidents smashed into other trees and then had haphazardly repaired.

    Not to mention it always gets repaired by a committee of mechanics that know nothing about how to fix said car.
    Last edited by The Mark; 11-16-13 at 10:38 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #437
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    What good is all the growth when the end result is a crash which ruined the economy for a decade? You cons never cease to amaze me though. I actually found one who is defending Bush's job with the economy.
    Ask the Democrats who controlled the legislation and the purse strings. Interesting that you blame Bush for the crash and ignore the Obama failed recovery. Bush had a Democrat Congress as did Obama. Based upon the Obama results it is easy to defend the Bush results. Problem is results don't matter to people like you. BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and the U.S. Treasury have the data that you want to ignore.

    Notice the GDP growth in 2003-2004-2005-2006 when Republicans controlled the Congress. Too bad results don't register with people like you

  8. #438
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, Obama is trying to drive a car that the previous president smashed into a tree. So, you figure it out.
    What is wrong with people like you? I cannot believe how brainwashed you are and how poorly informed you are when it comes to civics and economics. Your support for Obama is misguided at best and to hypocrisy at its worst.

  9. #439
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,888

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's see how good your math is. I can beat you to death all day with actual numbers



    Feel free to calculate the GDP by year and get back to me. From BLS.gov

    2001-32o billion
    2002-350 billion
    2003-360 billion
    2004-530 billion
    2005-760 billion
    2006-870 billion
    2007-630 billion
    2008-240 billion

    Your support for Obama is part of the 40% and shows how intellectually challenged you are
    Number of days Obama was president in 2008 = 0.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #440
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,650

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is wrong with people like you? I cannot believe how brainwashed you are and how poorly informed you are when it comes to civics and economics. Your support for Obama is misguided at best and to hypocrisy at its worst.
    Right. I imagine that in your mind Bush handed Obama a booming economy that socialist policies ran into the ground.

Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •