Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 888

Thread: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

  1. #381
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:10 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,840

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    oh i was seen, its just your usual, MO...[MODE OF OPERATION]

    what are you talking about?

    i dont understand what you mean?

    and others you use.....just ask chuck71, he has already pointed it out.
    If you had a point - you would have made it.

    And just to let you in on the joke - I used to teach sixth graders my first year of teaching so i know darn well about the silly type of YES OR NO YOU HAVE TO SAY ONE OR THE OTHER tactics such children use.

    I was onto you from the start of your question EB.

    here you are in 358

    do you want me to make you look bad again.....yes or no...?
    that is what kids do EB. You have to answer yes or no. And the whole time you sit back thinking you have won some great victory because if I say YES - then you jump up and down in glee claiming that I just admitted you already have made me look bad. And if I say NO you still jump up and down claiming that I am a coward and no longer want to look bad and just admitted that I did.

    Its rather easy to see through EB and anybody who ever taught sixth graders can see it a mile away.

    But it certainly exposes what you think are clever tactics in debate.

    And speaking of debate - I did so for two years in college and nobody ever tried to pull silly kid stuff like that. Nobody.
    Last edited by haymarket; 11-16-13 at 02:55 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #382
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If you had a point - you would have made it.

    And just to let you in on the joke - I used to teach sixth graders my first year of teaching so i know darn well about the silly type of YES OR NO YOU HAVE TO SAY ONE OR THE OTHER tactics such children use.

    I was onto you from the start of your question EB.

    haymarket, you have a bad reputation on the forum, many people know it.

    you have no ability to answer simple questions with one word.

    you sleight of hand moves, reverse positions, asking for people to state their beliefs, and then saying you dont care when they tell you...after asking

    its to easy with you with you when you say things, and then dont know what you said..

    your teaching of minds of young children is very frightening to me, and many other people...how many collect ideas have to filled their heads with, and told them america was evil?

  3. #383
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    False. Congress passed it legally, the president signed it into law and SCOTUS ruled it constitutional.

    Obviously you're not going to listen to facts. You are stuck in your fantasyland. Bye.
    For the purpose of evaluating this unconstitutional law it does not matter that tyrants passed it into law and other tyrants upheld it. They will all get what is owed them eventually. There is no basis in the Constitution. The acts of each of these tyrants do not make Obamacare any less tyrannical. Nor can their acts make an unconstitutional law any more constitutional.

    Nor can I help that many of you cannot see what is transpiring or somehow believe that you can escape the fate of this nation. You are what you are and nothing I say will change you. I just wish I could be present when you realize, too late, that you approved of your own destruction.

  4. #384
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,662

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    For the purpose of evaluating this unconstitutional law it does not matter that tyrants passed it into law and other tyrants upheld it. They will all get what is owed them eventually. There is no basis in the Constitution. The acts of each of these tyrants do not make Obamacare any less tyrannical. Nor can their acts make an unconstitutional law any more constitutional.
    now you are simply muttering nonsense, much like a homeless man on a street corner. When 3/3 of the branches of government approved something, and when the majority of the people voted to reelect 2/3 of them, then you are simply a malcontent grumbling from the outside while looking in. In other words: no one takes you serious.

    Nor can I help that many of you cannot see what is transpiring or somehow believe that you can escape the fate of this nation. You are what you are and nothing I say will change you. I just wish I could be present when you realize, too late, that you approved of your own destruction.
    See my comment above. Homeless men rambling on street corners always say they can see what others can't--promising doom in on the horizon.

  5. #385
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wow, so the Constitution says what you want it to say? Please provide for us the clause in the Constitution that "defines Blacks as 3/5ths of a person"
    Our Leftist enemies, oops, friends, believe that declaring slaves to count as 3/5ths of a person for determining the number of representatives, increased the South's political power. I cannot understand such thinking. Instead it lowered the count and reduced the south's proportional representation. It was intended to do so to prevent the spread of slavery. To admit as much would somehow diminish their dislike of the nation and its founding. We cannot have that.

  6. #386
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,662

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I live in a state that if it were a nation would be around number 11 in GDP and one that is quite sustainable on its own but I don't propose nor support secession nor do I support the massive Central govt that apparently you do. Wonder how that will change however if a Republican was in the WH and what exactly were the cries when Bush was in power about the excessive power of the Federal Govt?
    Bush, who is a Republican from Texas, increased the size of government. Obama, OTOH, has reduced it.

    You really need to come to terms with your misconceptions.


    Fortunately only people like you believe that a govt. that has created a 17 trillion dollar debt is doing its job and apparently that is 40% today. What I have seen from you is someone who really doesn't understand the history of this country nor the foundation that made this country great and it wasn't liberalism. Rather telling how people like you have no concept as to the role of the Federal Govt.
    False. See above

  7. #387
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,662

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Our Leftist enemies, oops, friends, believe that declaring slaves to count as 3/5ths of a person for determining the number of representatives, increased the South's political power. I cannot understand such thinking. Instead it lowered the count and reduced the south's proportional representation. It was intended to do so to prevent the spread of slavery. To admit as much would somehow diminish their dislike of the nation and its founding. We cannot have that.
    Counting people who are not allowed to vote as 3/5ths a person helped the South who would otherwise not have been allowed to count the slaves at all.

  8. #388
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    now you are simply muttering nonsense, much like a homeless man on a street corner. When 3/3 of the branches of government approved something, and when the majority of the people voted to reelect 2/3 of them, then you are simply a malcontent grumbling from the outside while looking in. In other words: no one takes you serious.
    I am not surprised that you do not. You are not a serious person.

    It makes no difference that you approve of tyrannical acts. You still will not escape the fate that is ours as a result of this horrible, tyrannical act.

    See my comment above. Homeless men rambling on street corners always say they can see what others can't--promising doom in on the horizon.
    The doom is already here. Just because it has not yet harmed you does not mean that your turn will not come. Given that you believe it is a good thing I wish twice as much of it upon you as upon the rest of us.

  9. #389
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,338

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i give you praise any way, because you knew there were, i believe Washington had whites slaves working for him.

    as to whites being counted has 3/5ths i have not researched this.

    but remember that the 3/5ths is not about racism, its about taxes and representation.

    people dont want to pay taxes, but they want as much representation as they can get.
    The 3/5th's were for negroes for the purpose of the census Indians not at all. Women were not allowed to vote, but were counted s people.

    I have always Lincoln's "all men are created equal" as being the biggest lie ever by a politician.

  10. #390
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Counting people who are not allowed to vote as 3/5ths a person helped the South who would otherwise not have been allowed to count the slaves at all.
    No. They would have been counted as whole people for representation. You are mistaken. But I can be convinced. Show me from the historical arguments.

Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •