Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 147

Thread: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

  1. #81
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    As I said in my last post:

    "Don't have to. The point I was making was pointing out how wrong those who opposed Obama were when they said he was trying to kill the oil industry and that it was his fault gas prices were so high."
    These are Obama administration policies that went after drilling on Federal land, Coal, and Electric generation through coal fired plants...His administration flushed Billions down the drain through diverting money to cronies like Solyndra that failed to achieve his pipe dream of alternative energy, and made his friends rich off MY money.

    If you "know that", then you clearly know nothing. Once more, I'll point you to what I've said before:
    Just because you think you are smarter than everyone else in the room, and proclaim something as "fact", doesn't make it a fact.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #82
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    New slogan - "Obama, he's our man - when he does nothing, America prospers" - that's catchy.

    "The government that governs least, governs best" - attributed to Thomas Jefferson (though there's no evidence of him actually using that phrase)


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #83
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    LOL. So paying more is less now? $1.838 per gallon was the national average the day before he took office.
    Obama should have totally left the financial disaster sit where it was. The fact that for most of the Bush admin, it hovered around $2.50 - 3 is totally irrelevant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #84
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Boo-Yah. 'Mericuh.




    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    On a BOE basis we already lead the world


  5. #85
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I believe that Obama is very hands on! He wouldn't stand still for anything but! It's just that while having zero experience in running anything, he still thinks he knows everything, and apparently refuses to have anyone around him who disagrees with him. Ergo--today in America!

    Greetings, CJ.
    Good morning/afternoon Lady P.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #86
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    "The government that governs least, governs best" - attributed to Thomas Jefferson (though there's no evidence of him actually using that phrase)
    I like it!!

    And when you have a disaster like Obama at the helm, no truer words could be spoken.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #87
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post

    Nope, I was perfectly accurate.
    Sorry. Being 180 degrees off the mark is not accurate.


    Which is such an asinine statement, it amazes me people are still using it. I suppose the fact our economy had just crashed and the stock market was in the pits had nothing to do with that, right? Nevermind the over $4 a gallon average in September 2008, and the gradual rise over the 8 years of Bush's presidency. Nope, let's just focus on a particular date which is completely inconsistent to the otherwise steady upward trend which had existed until the economy crashed.
    Facts are facts. The price of gas has gone up since Obama has been President. He has done nothing to help lower the cost and in fact his policies have constantly applied pressure upward on the price of gas. Had he any interest in doing what's best for America and Americans the price would be lower today than what it is.

    I am. I'm consistently in favor of facts and common sense. It's a shame there aren't more of me.
    If you are in favor of "facts and common sense" change your ways and start using them instead of spin, twist, wiggle and lies for Obama.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,018

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Respond to what I was saying, instead of ranting on an unrelated topic and I'll consider it.
    You didnt say anything, except make a sarcastic remark. What would you like me to respond to?

  9. #89
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Obama should have totally left the financial disaster sit where it was. The fact that for most of the Bush admin, it hovered around $2.50 - 3 is totally irrelevant.
    I'd take $2.50 today over Obama's "necessarily skyrocketing" policy.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #90
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,980

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    That's fair enough - perhaps you have altered your implied contention since the posting I quoted.
    I haven't altered it, I explained it. The difference is that while tone/inflection may not come through on a forum, it doesn't change the original meaning. The entire point, as I said in a later post, is despite what has been alleged, Obama clearly hasn't killed the oil business and the price of gas is far too complex of an issue to simply point at the President and say, "He's to credit/blame".
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    From my perspective, Obama is on the wrong side of virtually every economic decision/issue of the day. When something good happens in the American economy, it is inevitably because Obama was completely ineffectual in getting what he wanted to do done.
    From my perspective, that is foolish. I don't mean that to be an insult, but I just think it's foolish. For that to come to pass, you have to assume two things, neither of which are likely true. The first is that you know more about the economy and how it works than entire groups of economists who are some of the best in the field. The second thing you have to assume is that there is only one right way to do things, which is almost always incorrect, especially for something as large as "the economy".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    So you want to pretend Obama should be given credit for something he was dragged kicking and screaming into doing? Obama would have a windmill on your car if he could.
    I'm not pretending anything. I'm simply noting how the foolish the Republicans sound right now.

    There's a difference between noting how evidence proves a foolish statement incorrect and assigning credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Show us ONE single Obama policy that encouraged oil and gas exploration and production.
    Why do so many people not understand the difference between blame and credit?
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    These are Obama administration policies that went after drilling on Federal land, Coal, and Electric generation through coal fired plants...His administration flushed Billions down the drain through diverting money to cronies like Solyndra that failed to achieve his pipe dream of alternative energy, and made his friends rich off MY money.
    I always love how people mention Solyndra, when it's been well proven that most of the money that went to green energy companies was money well spent (not to mention Solyndra was chosen and supported by Bush before Obama took office). Have you ever stopped to consider why you ONLY use Solyndra? Why there's only ONE company you mention? It's because of the many green energy companies who received money, most of them made good use of the money.

    But that aside, everything you said here (even if it was true, which it is not) doesn't change the fact that Obama clearly has not killed the oil industry.

    Just because you think you are smarter than everyone else in the room, and proclaim something as "fact", doesn't make it a fact.
    It has nothing to do with me being smarter than you, and everything to do with you apparently not reading. Just because you chose not to read my post, don't push your faults onto me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    If you are in favor of "facts and common sense" change your ways and start using them instead of spin, twist, wiggle and lies for Obama.
    I do no such thing, but considering how incredibly blind you are to anything aside from partisan attacks, it doesn't surprise me you'd post this. It never ceases to amaze me how many times I prove you wrong and you simply try to change the subject or ignore the fact you are wrong. It's happened many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    You didnt say anything, except make a sarcastic remark. What would you like me to respond to?


    Think about what you just posted. Then maybe you'll come to realize why I'm laughing at you.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •