Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 147

Thread: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

  1. #51
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Where's my what?

    Oil production here is higher than ever, meaning that Obama didn't "kill the oil industry."
    I can do this all day, my friend...

    President Obama Shuts Down Offshore Oil Drilling For 5 years - Fox Nation
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #52
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Go ahead. Fact is that the oil industry is not dead.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,007

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Apparently none of them killed the oil business or drove gas up to $7/gallon.
    Because the courts and Republicans stopped his policies. And he cant control drilling on non federal land. Would has prices be higher or lower with Keystone passed, ANWR open, and less harrasment of fracking?

  4. #54
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Because the courts and Republicans stopped his policies. And he cant control drilling on non federal land. Would has prices be higher or lower with Keystone passed, ANWR open, and less harrasment of fracking?
    None of those would have any effect on gas prices. Gasoline is a separate commodity. Much of the gas produced here is shipped overseas because the oil companies make more money like that. That's not a dig on them, making money is what they should be doing, but flooding the domestic market with cheap gasoline doesn't help them do that.

    High oil prices is what makes the tar sands in Alberta profitable in the first place. If oil prices went way down, they'd cut production and the Keystone pipeline would run dry.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #55
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,335

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Go ahead. Fact is that the oil industry is not dead.
    Not yet, but My God, man, cut some slack here...These things can't be accomplished overnight, you know!

  6. #56
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Go ahead. Fact is that the oil industry is not dead.
    That's hardly the point. Stop crawfishin'...

    Post Carbon - Obama administration reimposes offshore oil drilling ban
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #57
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    None of those would have any effect on gas prices. Gasoline is a separate commodity. Much of the gas produced here is shipped overseas because the oil companies make more money like that. That's not a dig on them, making money is what they should be doing, but flooding the domestic market with cheap gasoline doesn't help them do that.

    High oil prices is what makes the tar sands in Alberta profitable in the first place. If oil prices went way down, they'd cut production and the Keystone pipeline would run dry.
    Here we go with the, "more oil production isn't going to lower gas prices", talking point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #58
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Here we go with the, "more oil production isn't going to lower gas prices", talking point.
    It would lower prices, but if oil prices went too low, the oil companies would cut production until the prices went back up to a profitable point. They're not a public charity, you know.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,007

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    None of those would have any effect on gas prices. Gasoline is a separate commodity. Much of the gas produced here is shipped overseas because the oil companies make more money like that. That's not a dig on them, making money is what they should be doing, but flooding the domestic market with cheap gasoline doesn't help them do that.

    High oil prices is what makes the tar sands in Alberta profitable in the first place. If oil prices went way down, they'd cut production and the Keystone pipeline would run dry.
    Gas prices are directly related to oil supply.

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,007

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It would lower prices, but if oil prices went too low, the oil companies would cut production until the prices went back up to a profitable point. They're not a public charity, you know.
    That only happens when there is a surplus of oil. Right now we have a shortage. Thus they can make profit on every barrel they produce.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •