Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 147

Thread: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

  1. #111
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    You consider posting of facts to be major lengths? I would argue desperately seeking out lies would be major lengths, not simply posting well-known and reported facts.


    From 2008 to 2012, wind energy almost doubled. Solar energy increased four times what it was in 2008 by 2012. I do not consider those things failures.

    EIA - Electricity Data




    I'm the person you chose to enter a debate with. Obviously my opinion means something to you.

    If I'm an "aging" liberal, then I have to wonder what you're doing on a debate forum during a school day.

    Says the person who attacked me because you didn't agree with my POV.

    How am I covering for him? What lie has been told? Do you even understand what you're saying at this point? Like I said, go back and read what I ACTUALLY said, and then realize why you're wasting the time of both of us with your posts.
    You gave Obama 100% of the credit. Not once did you leave any room for anyone, but Obama, to receive credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You gave Obama 100% of the credit. Not once did you leave any room for anyone, but Obama, to receive credit.
    Find ONE post I've made in this entire thread where I gave Obama 100% of the credit. Hell, find where I, in a serious manner, gave Obama even 10% of the credit.

    Go ahead. I'll be waiting. And when you cannot find where I've given Obama credit for anything, because I haven't, I'll expect your apology for constantly misunderstanding what I have been saying over and over and over and over again.

    Go look. And then apologize.

  3. #113
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    You consider posting of facts to be major lengths? I would argue desperately seeking out lies would be major lengths, not simply posting well-known and reported facts.
    No, I would consider facts to be just that, fact...But, you know the saying....None so great a lie as statistics....Many of these so called facts, are debatable as such in the mere way they are presented....Semantics mean much to this administration, and its supporters....You get a well placed "most likely", or ''probable'' and you have your side claiming fact, when it is really not such.

    From 2008 to 2012, wind energy almost doubled. Solar energy increased four times what it was in 2008 by 2012. I do not consider those things failures.
    That's great! I certainly don't want you to think that I am against alternative energy, but rather I am for the smart development of such. Now, can you tell me with all of this 'doubling of this', and 'quadrupling of that', how much do these alternatives account for in total energy consumption today?

    That's your strawman....Show me where I said anything like this

    Quote Originally Posted by You
    No, he hasn't, but that is not for lack of trying
    Ok so where did I call him a Muslim, or Kenyan, or anything like that? What you did was a rude, dishonest tactic, and I expect you to be a man and apologize for what you did there by lying about my words.

    I'm the person you chose to enter a debate with. Obviously my opinion means something to you.
    Honestly? very few people on here do I consider them by who they actually are....Most, I see as the generic antagonistic progressive. They (you) all sound the same, write the same, and parrot the same bull **** they hear from each other like we were standing in some kind of lemming echo chamber.

    If I'm an "aging" liberal, then I have to wonder what you're doing on a debate forum during a school day.
    Man, I wish I were still in school...Those days are long gone friend.

    Says the person who attacked me because you didn't agree with my POV.
    How did I attack you? By disagree with your postings?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #114
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Find ONE post I've made in this entire thread where I gave Obama 100% of the credit. Hell, find where I, in a serious manner, gave Obama even 10% of the credit.

    Go ahead. I'll be waiting. And when you cannot find where I've given Obama credit for anything, because I haven't, I'll expect your apology for constantly misunderstanding what I have been saying over and over and over and over again.

    Go look. And then apologize.
    Those sarcastic posts said it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, I would consider facts to be just that, fact...But, you know the saying....None so great a lie as statistics....Many of these so called facts, are debatable as such in the mere way they are presented....Semantics mean much to this administration, and its supporters....You get a well placed "most likely", or ''probable'' and you have your side claiming fact, when it is really not such.
    Wow, such twisting to avoid to avoid facts.

    It's really simple. You made false statements. I provided factual statements which have been researched and supported and proved your position wrong. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

    That's great! I certainly don't want you to think that I am against alternative energy, but rather I am for the smart development of such. Now, can you tell me with all of this 'doubling of this', and 'quadrupling of that', how much do these alternatives account for in total energy consumption today?
    Irrelevant. You said:
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    His administration flushed Billions down the drain through diverting money to cronies like Solyndra that failed to achieve his pipe dream of alternative energy
    Which has now been proven false, as I have just shown. Once more, facts seem to be getting in your way.

    Ok so where did I call him a Muslim, or Kenyan, or anything like that?
    Fair enough, YOU didn't, at least not in this thread (and I have no idea if you ever have or not). But my point remains the same, of you and people like you.

    I love the rationale of the anti-Obama crowd. When something bad happens, it's because Obama wields an enormous amount of power in turning this country into a failed socialist nation of Muslims. When something good happens, it happens completely despite Obama's attempt to turn this country into a failed socialist nation of Muslims.
    What you did was a rude, dishonest tactic
    No, what's rude and dishonest is the fact you're ignoring the point to focus on a rather irrelevant portion of what I said. You have spent this thread making false statements to justify your dislike of Obama, and despite the fact I've shown you multiple times where your multiple statements have been false, you continue to make false statements. And you have the audacity to act offended because I lumped you in with a group of people just like you, who DO use the Muslim tag? Oh, and I didn't say you called him a Kenyan...you added that yourself....and you're calling me dishonest.

    and I expect you to be a man and apologize for what you did there by lying about my words.
    I'll be happy to apologize for not distinguishing the fact you have not said anything about a Muslim, even though you act the exact same way as so many who do use Muslim to criticize the President, the moment you apologize for the fact you have continuously made provably false statements.

    You apologize first for making provably false statements (since you made your false statements first) and I'll apologize for not specifically setting you apart. Your move.

    Honestly? very few people on here do I consider them by who they actually are....Most, I see as the generic antagonistic progressive. They (you) all sound the same, write the same, and parrot the same bull **** they hear from each other like we were standing in some kind of lemming echo chamber.
    Which is absurd, because I don't parrot anyone, I simply use facts, as I've done multiple times in this thread. What does it say about a person when they ignore which you admit is the constant posting of facts and STILL cling to their false beliefs?

    Man, I wish I were still in school...Those days are long gone friend.
    I can only assume you are in school, if you consider me aging. Should we add this to the list of things for which you owe me an apology?

    How did I attack you? By disagree with your postings?
    Have you not read this last post of yours? If you consider what I've done to you (correcting you) to be attacking, then surely calling me a "generic antagonistic progressive" who "sound(s) the same, write(s) the same and parrot the same bull**** they hear" is an attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Those sarcastic posts said it all.
    No they didn't (I have explained multiple times what they meant), and since you obviously cannot find a single time where I gave Obama credit, I await your apology. You were wrong. Now apologize for being wrong.

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I don't know about it going below $3 bucks...but I wouldn't be upset if it did.
    I paid $2.81 this morning....

  7. #117
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    That's what I like about Conservatives. They have such VISION. No matter what we do , oil will run out eventually. It only makes sense to prepare for that day.
    Please explain how "oil will run out eventually". Geez, and you make a snide comment about "vision". LOL. it's plain to see you need a thick pair of glasses.

    Hint to you because I recognize your vision impairment: Mother earth has always made oil and always will.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  8. #118
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Wow, such twisting to avoid to avoid facts. It's really simple. You made false statements. I provided factual statements which have been researched and supported and proved your position wrong. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

    Irrelevant.

    You said:

    Which has now been proven false, as I have just shown. Once more, facts seem to be getting in your way.

    Fair enough, YOU didn't, at least not in this thread (and I have no idea if you ever have or not). But my point remains the same, of you and people like you. No, what's rude and dishonest is the fact you're ignoring the point to focus on a rather irrelevant portion of what I said. You have spent this thread making false statements to justify your dislike of Obama, and despite the fact I've shown you multiple times where your multiple statements have been false, you continue to make false statements. And you have the audacity to act offended because I lumped you in with a group of people just like you, who DO use the Muslim tag? Oh, and I didn't say you called him a Kenyan...you added that yourself....and you're calling me dishonest. I'll be happy to apologize for not distinguishing the fact you have not said anything about a Muslim, even though you act the exact same way as so many who do use Muslim to criticize the President, the moment you apologize for the fact you have continuously made provably false statements. You apologize first for making provably false statements (since you made your false statements first) and I'll apologize for not specifically setting you apart. Your move. Which is absurd, because I don't parrot anyone, I simply use facts, as I've done multiple times in this thread. What does it say about a person when they ignore which you admit is the constant posting of facts and STILL cling to their false beliefs? I can only assume you are in school, if you consider me aging. Should we add this to the list of things for which you owe me an apology? Have you not read this last post of yours? If you consider what I've done to you (correcting you) to be attacking, then surely calling me a "generic antagonistic progressive" who "sound(s) the same, write(s) the same and parrot the same bull**** they hear" is an attack.
    There really is only one stat that you refuse to address that is the most important here...That is the answer from you that I bolded above, and my guess is that you will refuse to answer it....And that is simple,

    What is the total percentage of 'green energy' tecnology in use today, and how much energy does it produce for the nation?

    See, you won't answer that, and actively try and hide the fact that it is in the single digits percentage wise, with stats of how much more we are doing today, v. a decade ago, which tells nothing. All of the other crap is just that, crap, and arrogant blather out of you, so either answer the direct question, or do us all a favor, and sit back a while and learn something....Thanks
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #119
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Please explain how "oil will run out eventually". Geez, and you make a snide comment about "vision". LOL. it's plain to see you need a thick pair of glasses.

    Hint to you because I recognize your vision impairment: Mother earth has always made oil and always will.
    There is a finite amount of oil in the ground. When you take out more than half of the oil in the ground it is called peak oil because the output will generally be in decline after that time. The U.S. hit peak oil in the 70's but has had a resurgence in recent years because of new technology has allowed us to pull more oil out of the already drilled wells.

  10. #120
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: US to surpass Saudi as top oil producer by 2016: IEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    There is a finite amount of oil in the ground. When you take out more than half of the oil in the ground it is called peak oil because the output will generally be in decline after that time. The U.S. hit peak oil in the 70's but has had a resurgence in recent years because of new technology has allowed us to pull more oil out of the already drilled wells.

    'Peak oil'......hahhahahahaha! Good grief....wake up....

    "Peak Oil is the theoretical idea that the world will eventually reach a maximum rate of oil production, which will be followed by a terminal decline.

    No doubt, that’s a scary theory should it come to pass. However, as Yogi Berra famously, said, “In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.”

    And go figure. We have a career theorist (i.e. – a research geologist) to blame for Peak Oil. So we shouldn’t be surprised if reality doesn’t match his theory.

    His name is Marion King Hubbert. In the mid 1950s, he developed a quantitative technique that could be used to predict the remaining supplies of any finite resource – and the time of ultimate depletion. And Hubbert used it to predict that oil production would peak by the early 1970s.

    Nice try, Nostradamus.

    After peaking briefly around 60 million barrels per day in the mid-1970s, global oil production resumed its upward march. And now it’s firmly above 90 million barrels per day, according to the latest data from Energy Intelligence Group.

    Here are the two major reasons Hubbert’s Peak Oil theory breaks apart when put into practice…
    First off, a peak in production doesn’t mean a peak in availability. In other words, even if production spikes and tapers off, it’s not an indication that oil’s running out.

    Truth is, we’re nowhere close to running out of oil.

    As oil giant, BP plc (NYSE: BP) said in its annual Statistical Energy Review, “The world is not structurally short of hydrocarbon resources – as our data on proved reserves confirms year after year.”

    Second, Hubbert’s theory ignores “unconventional” fossil fuel sources like tar sands, heavy oils and shale oil. They weren’t easily accessible back in his day, hence they couldn’t be considered affordable and/or available. Fair enough.
    Fast-forward to today, though, and Peak Oil adherents still hold onto Hubbert’s idea. They ignore, or grossly discount, the impact of unconventional sources on availability.

    Yet five decades’ worth of technological advancement has made many of these sources very accessible – and much more affordable. And vast amounts of oil have been discovered in these unconventional sources.

    The end result? As my colleague, Matthew Weinschenk, said back in June, “New developments have rendered Hubbert’s curve ineffective, or at least delayed it by decades.”

    I’ll go a step further and declare it useless.

    So what about America’s prospects for energy independence?
    They’re improving.

    Exhibit A: Fossil fuel production is in a confirmed uptrend, increasing about 12% since 2005.

    Exhibit B: We’re now producing enough energy to meet almost 84% of our energy consumption. Again, the trend is moving in a decidedly positive direction.

    Bottom line: Don’t believe the Chicken Littles of the world when they go around screaming, “We’re running out of oil! We’re running out of oil! We’re running out of oil!”

    Energy Independence and the Myth of Peak OilWall Street Daily

    Do you believe in little green men too?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •