Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 224

Thread: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: [W:212]

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,113

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Hah, yeah, because when you buy pot there is no adults taking risks.

    Alcohol was very easy to come by when I was in high school. Pot wasn't. Our anecdotes cancel each other out.



    I would argue it isn't the law that is ruining people's lives it is the people who risk their own lives in order to get high that are ruining their own lives.

    Your argument is like blaming a shark attack on the "Beach Closed Due to Sharks!" signs rather than on the swimmers who ignored the warnings.
    eh, i've heard enough horror stories from prohibitionists to last a lifetime. luckily, more than half the country is awake and is pretty much ignoring the drug warriors, at least on the pot issue. it's going to be legal sooner rather than later. it's time to admit the failure and move on.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,113

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    No. It's lousy to break the law and/or excuse or encourage others to break the law.
    this law was based on bull****. not to mention that basically everyone has disregarded it at some point, including the last three presidents. time to flush it down the john.

  3. #63
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    snip*
    Expulsion of teens for marijuana is up 25% in Colorado since they began legalizing pot, 29% in total.
    Please link your source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization - The Denver Post

    "GRAND JUNCTION In two years of work as an undercover officer with a drug task force, Mike Dillon encountered plenty of drugs. But nothing has surprised him as much as what he has seen in schools lately.

    Dillon, who is now a school resource officer with the Mesa County Sheriff's Department, said he is seeing more and younger kids bringing marijuana to schools, in sometimes-surprising quantities.

    "When we have middle school kids show up with a half an ounce, that is shocking to me," Dillon said."



    Who could have foreseen this? It's a mystery...
    Liberals would be hilarious if they weren't so dangerous. Pot use up? What's the big deal, it happens all the time!
    God forbid these kids start bringing sodas to school, then we'll need to do something!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Just proving that the argument made by the potheads that there wouldn't be an increase in children using pot was... well, the product of a pot smokers impaired mental capacities.
    Natural selection. Go ahead and be a pothead so I can take the bettet job you would have had.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization - The Denver Post

    "GRAND JUNCTION In two years of work as an undercover officer with a drug task force, Mike Dillon encountered plenty of drugs. But nothing has surprised him as much as what he has seen in schools lately.

    Dillon, who is now a school resource officer with the Mesa County Sheriff's Department, said he is seeing more and younger kids bringing marijuana to schools, in sometimes-surprising quantities.

    "When we have middle school kids show up with a half an ounce, that is shocking to me," Dillon said."



    Who could have foreseen this? It's a mystery...

    I knew. OF-COURSE legalizing marijuana allows kid to have access to it. It was my primary complaint. Unbelievable.

    Can we just give Colorado up as a lost cause and not count them as part of our population now ?
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  7. #67
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,696

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    Please link your source.
    Medical Marijuana laws passed in 2009/2010 in Colorado led to a a jump in drug expulsions rates from 534 the prior year to 753 the following year, and hasn't dropped to pre-law rates yet. Overall drug violations jumped as well, and the decrease since 2010 is because of the high rate of expulsions.

    Funny how drugs are no less illegal for kids after 2009 than they were before, yet 2009/2010 marks a distinct increase in drug violations... hmmm... maybe it has something to do with easier access to the drug?

    From the reports we are seeing now it looks like 2013-2014 school year will be another big year for drugs in school in Colorado, compliments of the new drug laws.

    I wouldn't be surprised to find the overall decline in other school violations over that same time is because the bad crowd is burning itself out of public school.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #68
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,696

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Natural selection. Go ahead and be a pothead so I can take the bettet job you would have had.
    Some of us take the better job regardless.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #69
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,575

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It's more than just the one story.

    Your statistics aren't significant that show a decrease in teen useage. Moreover, the teen usage statistics are collected on teens in school, so the statistics you cite that show a decline are actually catching the signal of the higher expulsion rate.

    Expulsion of teens for marijuana is up 25% in Colorado since they began legalizing pot, 29% in total.

    But you know, don't listen to the police and the teachers and the doctors... we need to be listening to the studies created and presented by the pot lobby.
    Let's take a look at the statistics from your link:

    statistics.jpg



    Things that went up:
    Drugs: +27%
    Detrimental behavior: +28%


    Things that went down:
    Alcohol: -26%
    Tobacco: -34%
    Dangerous weapons: -34%
    Robbery: -78%
    Felonies: -25%
    Disobedience: -6%
    Distruction of school property: -38%
    Other code of conduct violations: -36%

    Total negative behavior: -17%

    If you also look, drug offenses only make up about 5% of the total offenses. Considering tobacco and alcohol are far worse for your health than pot, and so is robbery, dangerous weapons and felonies, I'd say the kids of colorado have made a massive net positive over the past 10 years. That's not even taking into account the fact that drug use is on the rise everywhere, not just Colorado.

    Looks like your hysteria is bunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #70
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Medical Marijuana laws passed in 2009/2010 in Colorado led to a a jump in drug expulsions rates from 534 the prior year to 753 the following year, and hasn't dropped to pre-law rates yet. Overall drug violations jumped as well, and the decrease since 2010 is because of the high rate of expulsions.
    That's odd because your first link said that CO doesn't break out the # of expulsions for possession of pot, so how can they know if the # increased?


    There are no hard numbers yet because school disciplinary statistics do not isolate marijuana from general drug violations


    Read more: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...#ixzz2kY6gN3Nz
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
    Last edited by sangha; 11-13-13 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •