Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 224

Thread: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: [W:212]

  1. #41
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    It's simple--make the stuff illegal and kids will quit using it. Not rocket science.
    Well, obviously no, there will always be a group of kids who do drugs because they are ignorant, stupid or both. The overarching effect of the propaganda being spewed by the marihuana lobby, however, is that kids are believing in greater and greater numbers that pot is some miracle medicine with no harmful side effects.

    Back when the argument was for "medical marijuana" there were a string of drugs that were created that isolated the active medicinal compound in marijuana that were not habit forming and non-intoxicating... as well and non-carcinogenic etc. etc. ... was that enough to quiet the "Medical Marijuana" crowd? Of course not. Because, as Aunt Spiker pointed out, the end result desired by the "Medical Marijuana" lobby is to be able to smoke dope, that's it. They were just using sick people as a cynical end game for their own personal desire to get baked.

    The end result is kids who think pot is no big deal.
    Last edited by jmotivator; 11-13-13 at 11:49 AM.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,063

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    All the change means is that the dealer can conceivably get the pot they are selling legally. The spike in drug related suspensions in Colorado schools indicate that marijuana is now more prevalent than it was before in schools.

    Of course, the second side effect of the idiotic pro-intoxication pro-brain-numbing argument is that a record number of teens today think smoking pot is harmless. So big thumbs up to the cannabis lobby for making American children less educated!
    lol. i don't know how it is where you live, but the drug dealers around here aren't selling beer, wine, or whiskey.

  3. #43
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    It is hard to get excited about something that less addictive than caffeine and less lethal than smoking cigarettes or drinking booze.
    use a vaporizer. Otherwise one gets tars, hot gasses, particuralates.
    Also weed is sucked deep into the lungs (bronchial tubes).

    I smoked from '68 to '99, no damage. I figured that was enough for myself. I'm not sick, and the recreational use does impare mental clarity.
    ( not too badly, but it does).

    If I ever need it for medical reason, will try edibles.
    I was pretty young when I started, managed to do OK in school, but surely would have done better without it.

    Young minds do not need to be using.
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  4. #44
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Sometimes teachers who are not very good at teaching blame the problem on the behavior of the class instead of taking responsibility as the teacher.
    Hah, blame the teachers not the pot dealers and smokers. Winning angle you have taken there. Run with it.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    This law has reduced the competition for my kids tremendously. Soon, half the nation's youth will be in a constance trance, while other kids ride roughshod over them.

    Hell, legalize it all. It'll get rid of half the population.

  6. #46
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    All the change means is that the dealer can conceivably get the pot they are selling legally. The spike in drug related suspensions in Colorado schools indicate that marijuana is now more prevalent than it was before in schools.

    Of course, the second side effect of the idiotic pro-intoxication pro-brain-numbing argument is that a record number of teens today think smoking pot is harmless. So big thumbs up to the cannabis lobby for making American children less educated!
    Most of the pot heads will have a hard time understanding that article. It just won't make any sense to them or the ones that graduated from just using pot to bigger and better drugs.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  7. #47
    Advisor aberrant85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    10-04-15 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    594

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization - The Denver Post

    "GRAND JUNCTION — In two years of work as an undercover officer with a drug task force, Mike Dillon encountered plenty of drugs. But nothing has surprised him as much as what he has seen in schools lately.

    Dillon, who is now a school resource officer with the Mesa County Sheriff's Department, said he is seeing more and younger kids bringing marijuana to schools, in sometimes-surprising quantities.

    "When we have middle school kids show up with a half an ounce, that is shocking to me," Dillon said."



    Who could have foreseen this? It's a mystery...
    This is why it's good to let the States enact new laws that are controversial and allow them to try to make them work, so that the US at large can watch and use what it learns in the future.
    "Obamacare delenda est"

  8. #48
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Well, obviously no, there will always be a group of kids who do drugs because they are ignorant, stupid or both. The overarching effect of the propaganda being spewed by the marihuana lobby, however, is that kids are believing in greater and greater numbers that pot is some miracle medicine with no harmful side effects.

    Back when the argument was for "medical marijuana" there were a string of drugs that were created that isolated the active medicinal compound in marijuana that were not habit forming and non-intoxicating... as well and non-carcinogenic etc. etc. ... was that enough to quiet the "Medical Marijuana" crowd? Of course not. Because, as Aunt Spiker pointed out, the end result desired by the "Medical Marijuana" lobby is to be able to smoke dope, that's it. They were just using sick people as a cynical end game for their own personal desire to baked.

    The end result is kids who think pot is no big deal.
    OMG, it almost sounds like you're advocating for the welfare of humanity!?!

  9. #49
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    lol. i don't know how it is where you live, but the drug dealers around here aren't selling beer, wine, or whiskey.
    Maybe I am going out on a limb, but standing on a street corner with a few ounces of marijuana in your pockets is a little less conspicuous than standing on the street corner surrounded by cases on Budweiser. But maybe that is just me....

    But then drinking is also very prevalent in schools, far more common than pot, because it is easier to obtain than pot. Solution: Make pot easier to obtain! (pro tip: not a super smart strategy).
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #50
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    This law has reduced the competition for my kids tremendously. Soon, half the nation's youth will be in a constance trance, while other kids ride roughshod over them.

    Hell, legalize it all. It'll get rid of half the population.
    Well, that is true. But the extra success our children see will eventually be taxed away from them to pay for the stupid kids who spent their youth rotting their brain.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •