Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 224

Thread: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: [W:212]

  1. #181
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,495
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Just proving that the argument made by the potheads that there wouldn't be an increase in children using pot was... well, the product of a pot smokers impaired mental capacities.
    Here is what I get, but seems to pass over the heads of... well.. the heads... this huge push to legalize pot, and then the Michelle Obama's and Bloomberg's getting their gonch in a wad over salt, trans fat, soda etc.

    Hey... I'm a Conservative, and I tellya what. Smoke all the weed you want, but leave me and my soda, salt and whatever else alone. Please, just **** off and get out of my life. Fair trade?
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #182
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    A stat to look at that would be interesting would be drug-related violence in Colorado - has it gone up? Down?

  3. #183
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,530

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Nope. Telling it like it is.
    Doubling down on your twisting of the truth.

    Sooo... let me see if I follow your logic here: cheeseburgers are dangerous because they are unhealthy, but pot, which impairs people's brains and make them want to eat cheeseburgers (while filling their lungs with carcinogens) is LESS dangerous because LALALALALALALA!
    Unhealthy foods kill millions every year, marijuana does not.

    Marijuana also does not have a clear link to lung cancer but I would assume it contributes at least a small amount, being that it is smoke...

    Marijuana Not Linked To Lung Cancer When Use Is Light Or Moderate, Unknown With Heavy Use

    Ah, and you only provided half of your argument proving something I never doubted. You still need the comparison. Marijuana is a risk factor for Heart attack and Stroke. While the total number of deaths attributed to aspirin is more than pot, the actual use of asprin in the population far exceeds that of marijuana.

    Anyway, you provided a Google search that didn't actually compare aspirin to marijuana death rate, so you failed in your mission.
    Pot doesn't kill anyone in conclusive or significant numbers. You keep playing dumb with everything. I didn't make the other half of the argument because it is yet again, common knowledge. Quoting a single source that says there might be some risk is ridiculous. Show me multiple studies that have a clear and significant contribution to heart disease and you might have a point. Did you even read your own article?

    Conclusions

    Habitual marijuana use among patients presenting with acute MI was associated with an apparent increased mortality rate over the following 18 years that did not reach nominal statistical significance. Larger studies with repeated measures of marijuana use are needed to definitively establish whether there are adverse cardiovascular consequences of smoking marijuana among patients with established coronary heart disease.
    So driving stoned is more dangerous than driving? Hmmm... this marijuana you speak of ... it doesn't sound safe....
    Grasping at straws.

    Again you have not actually compared deaths from football to deaths from marijuana (heart attacks, strokes), so you haven't proved your point. I know statistical proofs are hard but that doesn't excuse you from doing them.

    Another failure on your part.
    More crap based on your previous shaky nonsense. Pot doesn't kill anyone definitively but football does.

    More hand waving excuses in lieu of an actual rebuttal. Bureau of Justice keeps a rather extensive set of statistics on the condition of criminals before, during and after committing the crime.

    28.8% of all criminals admitted to using drugs at the time they were committing the crime. The most used drug during the commission of a crime? Marijuana in a landslide. 47% of all crimes that were committed under the influence of a drug were done under the influence of Marijuana. The statistics.

    Of all the criminals surveyed, 82% admitted to using drugs. 75% used Marijuana. Granted, that last statistic more indicates that marijuana users are an unsavory bunch... but again, not much of a sales pitch when combined with psychological disorders and low IQs.
    You're still going the correlation route, it doesn't prove causation, this is one of the most basic blunders of non scientific people and you keep doing it. You then throw in a bunch of ad hominems to disparage pot smokers to associate them with criminal activity to drive your nastiness home. Congratulations, you sound like an angry, ignorant old fool that likes to throw rocks.


    SHOULD be common sense, but alas pot has a way of robbing you of common sense... compounded by the evidence that those who choose to smoke pot don't have much sense to spare to begin with.

    No, I don't live in the world where pot is the miracle drug of choice for well adjusted, intelligent people and scissors are the scourge of mankind. Wait here...

    I just ran to the kitchen and back with scissors and I am still capable of operating heavy machinery. Case. Closed.

    All fine and good, but the legalization of pot at all will ensure more kids will have access to pot. So your moral stand on under age pot use is wholly pointless as you support the policies that will make it more prevalent.
    More disparaging comments about pot smokers being idiots as a whole, do you talk this way about people who drink here and there?

    I'm not advocating people smoking pot and operating heavy machinery, more strawmans from you, your arguments are always based on flawed garbage.

    Legalization will ensure more kids have access to pot? Why? Because you say so? Because people who want to keep pot illegal say so? It would still be illegal for kids to have it, they already have it, and if they get it that is a failure on adults part, not marijuana.

  4. #184
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    A stat to look at that would be interesting would be drug-related violence in Colorado - has it gone up? Down?
    And funyun sales... up or down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #185
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    What would be a useful study would see if as pot use among teens goes up, does alcohol usage go up, down or remain the same? I think alcoholism is worse than pothead-ish.

  6. #186
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Probably the reason this country has no many problems is because there were no laws against drugs when the country was started. It took way over a century for government to increasingly realize how stupid those "founders" and early Americans were - and their absurd idea that people pretty much should be able to whatever the hell they want to unless it some kind of serious crime directly against someone else. Those fools who started this country didn't even understand the urgency of government criminally outlawing people risking harming themselves.

    The phrase "Uncle Sam" should be changed to "Pappa Sam."

  7. #187
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Keep telling yourself that! I got that a lot from my clients as well. It's never the drug, it is always one conspiracy or another that is totally real and marijuana is the only way they can just chill out. Like all addiction the addict convinces themselves that the drug is the only medicine that works for the problems that, quite clearly to sober outside observers, are the result of using the drug.
    Wow, I guess after 10 years you would really have the slogans down pat. I bet you could recite them for pages.

    Have you SEEN how FAT people are getting, seen all the unlimited food in WalMart stores, and the massive personal and economic harm obesity causes?

    Did you know that SALT is the cause of 1 of 10 deaths, yet no one has lifted a finger to stop those salt-dealers - from grocery stories to restaurants?

    You should spend some time in hospitals to see what unlimited free choice of food and unlimited salt is doing to people. Then you could see it FIRST HAND - and come up with some good slogans about that too.

  8. #188
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    There is no denying that alcohol and narcotics destroy many, many lives. Nothing has ever indicated any laws or number of prison cells has every changed that. Rather, it seems more that they add to the destructive elements of alcohol and narcotics. The REAL harm of illegal drugs to MOST (not all) people who use them is going to jail or prison for it. So it is circular logic to the government claiming drugs harm you, when for most the greatest harm is the done by the government.

  9. #189
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Cool story, bro. Let me know how they turn out!
    I'm just pointing out that the fact it is legal or not has no impact. If people want it they will get them. It just like guns: if a criminal wants a gun he's going to get it. If a kid wants pot he's going to get it. Kids get cigs and alcohol, i don't see you advocating the banning of them. What makes pot different?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    I'm just pointing out that the fact it is legal or not has no impact. If people want it they will get them. It just like guns: if a criminal wants a gun he's going to get it. If a kid wants pot he's going to get it. Kids get cigs and alcohol, i don't see you advocating the banning of them. What makes pot different?
    Interesting talk on drugs.Rodrigo Canales: The deadly genius of drug cartels | Video on TED.com

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •