Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 224

Thread: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: [W:212]

  1. #171
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,689

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Oh please, reefer madness nonsense. The fact that you talk so conclusively and strongly about how marijuana is incredibly dangerous is just disgusting, especially when you pretend its "one of the worst". Do you know anything about addiction to real drugs? Its not in the same ballpark, its not even in the same galaxy. If you think your experience dealing with pot smokers makes you an expert on what it does to people I think you are mistaken. You've probably confused people who have problems anyways... but also smoke pot and you went and assumed the weed is what did this to them.

    Your own article with a title claiming "terrible things to the brain" isn't what you said it is. It said most people won't experience any harmful effects and gave absolutely zero information on what harm it does to teenagers other than it "affects" them. Give me a ****ing break.

    Almost everything in this world is more dangerous than marijuana, alcohol certainly is.

    So you fall into the "chill me out, gas substitute, cool pants" category of delusional pot supporter. Check.

    "Almost everything in this world is more dangerous than marijuana" .. man, you owe me a keyboard, that is hilarious.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #172
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,689

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    jmotivator has never tried weed, so he's left with reefer madness videos and government propoganda programs that form the base of his knowledge. Pretty much every person in history who has tried marijuana has almost immediately said "Wtf... why is this illegal?".

    I've gotten more debilitating of a buzz from tobacco and alcohol than I ever have from marijuana.

    As I already said, I was a social worker for 10 years working with drug addicted clients. Your pathological support for and use of the drug is noted.

    By the way, I am not talking about the "buzz" you get from a single use. Only those who are in this fight solely to protect their high think of it in those terms. Marijuana damage is progressive.

    Your silly argument makes as much sense as a smoker saying "I've smoked cigarettes for years and not once have I gotten lung cancer!"

    In other words, you sound like a pathetic Phillip Morris ad man.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #173
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,689

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    This alone show you know little if anything about marijuana and how it is used and abused.
    Keep telling yourself that! I got that a lot from my clients as well. It's never the drug, it is always one conspiracy or another that is totally real and marijuana is the only way they can just chill out. Like all addiction the addict convinces themselves that the drug is the only medicine that works for the problems that, quite clearly to sober outside observers, are the result of using the drug.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #174
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,689

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Keep going, this is some crazy ****.
    Delusional conspiracy ramblings from a marijuana supporter? I'm shocked!
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    No, I think leftwing tax policies, one example being Obamacare is as big as big government can get. And that's only one example of the endless list that's out there. The libs have taxed and taxed us to death for the last 75 years. The Dems controlled the House for 40 years with 100+ seat majorities and could pass any goddam thing they wanted, and they did. So as far as I'm concerned, the Democrats can go **** themselves.
    Mandatory health insurance with the threat of a fine for non-compliance thrusted upon us is Unconstitutional, but when lawmakers start talking about what I can and cannot do to my own adult body, that's a completely different form of tyranny.

  6. #176
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,591

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    What's crazy is how much the GOP talks about small government while at the same time how bad the GOP want's in me and my wife's pants at the same time. Your folk want to implement policies that play morality police. That is about as big a government intrusion as big government can be.
    Yep. The next thing will be to require that you buy "private" goods/services or pay additional taxes instead.

    While neither major party is now truly for a constitutionally limited federal gov't, the republicants are closer than the demorats.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #177
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,515

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So you fall into the "chill me out, gas substitute, cool pants" category of delusional pot supporter. Check.
    Ad hominems because you have no argument.

    "Almost everything in this world is more dangerous than marijuana" .. man, you owe me a keyboard, that is hilarious.
    Cheeseburgers, aspirin, driving, football, prison, jail, crossing the street, running with scissors.

    All those things have the potential to be deadly or cause great harm.

    Other than marijuana possibly exacerbating some mental illness problems already present or lurking in the shadows, there is little evidence it does much else of significance.

  8. #178
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,689

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Ad hominems because you have no argument.
    Just an observation. You were the one who claimed "almost everything is the world is more dangerous than marijuana". That is delusional.

    Cheeseburgers, aspirin, driving, football, prison, jail, crossing the street, running with scissors.

    All those things have the potential to be deadly or cause great harm.
    That is hilarious:

    Cheeseburgers: marijuana makes you eat unhealthy foods
    Aspirin: Prove it. Challenge: Use a site that isn't a pot propaganda site.
    Driving: Even more dangerous (for everyone) when stoned!
    Football: Ahahahahah!
    Prison: Marijuana is the #1 drug linked to crime in the US.
    Jail: See Prison
    Crossing the street: See Driving
    Running with scissors: Citation Needed


    Other than marijuana possibly exacerbating some mental illness problems already present or lurking in the shadows, there is little evidence it does much else of significance.
    Pot smokers also average 8 IQ points less than the average public. Granted, that could also be a contributing factor to using marijuana in the first place.

    That doesn't make for a great sales pitch though. "Marijuana: The choice of psychologically-impaired, low-IQ people everywhere!"
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #179
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,515

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Just an observation. You were the one who claimed "almost everything is the world is more dangerous than marijuana". That is delusional.
    I was responding to this.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So you fall into the "chill me out, gas substitute, cool pants" category of delusional pot supporter. Check.
    You are dishonest.

    That is hilarious:

    Cheeseburgers: marijuana makes you eat unhealthy foods
    That's a personal choice, you don't have to eat unhealthy foods. Where's your responsibility "conservative"? The pot made me eat it! Waaaah

    Aspirin: Prove it. Challenge: Use a site that isn't a pot propaganda site.
    This is common knowledge but I will help you anyway. Let me google that for you

    Driving: Even more dangerous (for everyone) when stoned!
    Pathetic, recycled strawman. Nobody is advocating driving stoned. Not to mention if I had a choice, I'd prefer someone stoned over drunk.

    Football: Ahahahahah!
    Again this is common knowledge but apparently not to you. Let me google that for you

    Oh god... anyone with even the slightest ability to think critically could see through this.

    1. Marijuana stays in your system for up to 30 days making it the easiest to detect.
    2. Having marijuana in your system when you are arrested doesn't mean anything. Correlation does not equal causation.
    3. This article relies on what the "Drug Czar" says, his job is to not just fight drugs, but to drum up support for his cause. Biased? NOOO WAAAY
    4. If you read the rest of the article it blasts the first half pretty convincingly. Apparently pot heads aren't the only ones who can't focus for more than 30 seconds.
    5. Have you ever heard of someone robbing houses or stores or anything for WEED? What planet are you on. Some kid stealing 30 bucks out of his mom's purse to buy pot doesn't count as hardcore crime.

    Crossing the street: See Driving
    Don't smoke pot and roam around in traffic, should be common sense. Want to regulate that too, "conservative"?

    Running with scissors: Citation Needed
    Wow... were you never a kid? You never heard or seen someone run with something, trip, fall, and impale themselves? I saw a girl running with a ruler and fell, it went in her mouth and sliced the roof of her mouth terribly... more dangerous than a joint lemme tell ya.

    Pot smokers also average 8 IQ points less than the average public. Granted, that could also be a contributing factor to using marijuana in the first place.

    That doesn't make for a great sales pitch though. "Marijuana: The choice of psychologically-impaired, low-IQ people everywhere!"
    There are plenty of studies and some seem to find a link and others don't, the jury is still out. Besides, I don't advocate teenagers smoking pot anyways, legal age should be 21 like alcohol. In fact I don't advocate people smoking cigs, or drinking, or smoking pot, or eating bad food, or anything. However making things illegal and throwing people in jail is not the answer. Rehabilitation, support, education, these are the keys to helping make better people. Jail and prison are far more dangerous than pot... which is ironic that's where you want to send people for their and others "safety", lol.

  10. #180
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,689

    Re: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization Read more: Pot probl

    You are dishonest.
    Nope. Telling it like it is.


    That's a personal choice, you don't have to eat unhealthy foods. Where's your responsibility "conservative"? The pot made me eat it! Waaaah
    Sooo... let me see if I follow your logic here: cheeseburgers are dangerous because they are unhealthy, but pot, which impairs people's brains and make them want to eat cheeseburgers (while filling their lungs with carcinogens) is LESS dangerous because LALALALALALALA!


    This is common knowledge but I will help you anyway. Let me google that for you
    Ah, and you only provided half of your argument proving something I never doubted. You still need the comparison. Marijuana is a risk factor for Heart attack and Stroke. While the total number of deaths attributed to aspirin is more than pot, the actual use of asprin in the population far exceeds that of marijuana.

    Anyway, you provided a Google search that didn't actually compare aspirin to marijuana death rate, so you failed in your mission.

    Pathetic, recycled strawman. Nobody is advocating driving stoned. Not to mention if I had a choice, I'd prefer someone stoned over drunk.
    So driving stoned is more dangerous than driving? Hmmm... this marijuana you speak of ... it doesn't sound safe....

    Again this is common knowledge but apparently not to you. Let me google that for you
    Again you have not actually compared deaths from football to deaths from marijuana (heart attacks, strokes), so you haven't proved your point. I know statistical proofs are hard but that doesn't excuse you from doing them.

    Another failure on your part.

    Oh god... anyone with even the slightest ability to think critically could see through this.

    1. Marijuana stays in your system for up to 30 days making it the easiest to detect.
    2. Having marijuana in your system when you are arrested doesn't mean anything. Correlation does not equal causation.
    3. This article relies on what the "Drug Czar" says, his job is to not just fight drugs, but to drum up support for his cause. Biased? NOOO WAAAY
    4. If you read the rest of the article it blasts the first half pretty convincingly. Apparently pot heads aren't the only ones who can't focus for more than 30 seconds.
    5. Have you ever heard of someone robbing houses or stores or anything for WEED? What planet are you on. Some kid stealing 30 bucks out of his mom's purse to buy pot doesn't count as hardcore crime.
    More hand waving excuses in lieu of an actual rebuttal. Bureau of Justice keeps a rather extensive set of statistics on the condition of criminals before, during and after committing the crime.

    28.8% of all criminals admitted to using drugs at the time they were committing the crime. The most used drug during the commission of a crime? Marijuana in a landslide. 47% of all crimes that were committed under the influence of a drug were done under the influence of Marijuana. The statistics.

    Of all the criminals surveyed, 82% admitted to using drugs. 75% used Marijuana. Granted, that last statistic more indicates that marijuana users are an unsavory bunch... but again, not much of a sales pitch when combined with psychological disorders and low IQs.

    Don't smoke pot and roam around in traffic, should be common sense. Want to regulate that too, "conservative"?

    SHOULD be common sense, but alas pot has a way of robbing you of common sense... compounded by the evidence that those who choose to smoke pot don't have much sense to spare to begin with.


    Wow... were you never a kid? You never heard or seen someone run with something, trip, fall, and impale themselves? I saw a girl running with a ruler and fell, it went in her mouth and sliced the roof of her mouth terribly... more dangerous than a joint lemme tell ya.
    No, I don't live in the world where pot is the miracle drug of choice for well adjusted, intelligent people and scissors are the scourge of mankind. Wait here...

    I just ran to the kitchen and back with scissors and I am still capable of operating heavy machinery. Case. Closed.


    There are plenty of studies and some seem to find a link and others don't, the jury is still out. Besides, I don't advocate teenagers smoking pot anyways, legal age should be 21 like alcohol. In fact I don't advocate people smoking cigs, or drinking, or smoking pot, or eating bad food, or anything. However making things illegal and throwing people in jail is not the answer. Rehabilitation, support, education, these are the keys to helping make better people. Jail and prison are far more dangerous than pot... which is ironic that's where you want to send people for their and others "safety", lol.

    All fine and good, but the legalization of pot at all will ensure more kids will have access to pot. So your moral stand on under age pot use is wholly pointless as you support the policies that will make it more prevalent.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •