Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 86

Thread: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

  1. #31
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    According to an article I've read the #'s of people signing up for plans must be higher. There were 40,000 people enrolling plans just in NY State, and 8,000 in KY, so I don't see how the nationwide total could be 49,000.

    Kentucky GOP senators were wrong that state didn't want Obamacare | MSNBC
    Oregon, with its very own beautifully operating website, has checked in with zero enrolees.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  2. #32
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,036

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    According to an article I've read the #'s of people signing up for plans must be higher. There were 40,000 people enrolling plans just in NY State, and 8,000 in KY, so I don't see how the nationwide total could be 49,000.
    Well, my guess would be that the disparity might have something to do with the Administrations' decision to count people who had created accounts, but not, you know, actually purchased insurance.

    Or (and this is likely) they may be buffering the numbers with Medicaid enrollees.

  3. #33
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,036

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    At this point, I don't believe any of the #'s nor do I care. What counts is what happens in the longer term.
    Sort of. In the shorter term, you need those 7 million enrollees (2.7 million of which need to be those "young invincibles) purchasing health insurance through the exchange in order for the system not to collapse.... so Obamacare may not have a "longer term", unless it starts doing much, much better in the "shorter" term.

  4. #34
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 04:46 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,873

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Sort of. In the shorter term, you need those 7 million enrollees (2.7 million of which need to be those "young invincibles) purchasing health insurance through the exchange in order for the system not to collapse.... so Obamacare may not have a "longer term", unless it starts doing much, much better in the "shorter" term.
    The Plan B for if the federal website isn't ready by the end of the month, and based on "insider" reports it isn't, is to direct people to each insurer's own website for product information and purchasing. Not really sure why they didn't just do that in the first place....

  5. #35
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,210

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    The Plan B for if the federal website isn't
    ready by the end of the month, and based on "insider" reports it isn't, is to direct people to each insurer's own website for product information and purchasing. Not really sure why they didn't just do that in the first place....
    Because people finding out that their out of pocket cost has been increased exponentially in premiums and deductables is worse than having them sit in limbo not knowing.

    People have missed the point here. Obama-Care is going to cause massive increases at a time when people are already struggling.

    Democrats are more afraid of the consequences of that than the cosequences of a down website.

    Remember, we were suppose to have massive new economic growth from Obama's green jobs iniative by now. Obama-Care was also supppsed to "lower the deficit.".

    Democrats just generally, have really turned into a bunch of low lifes.

  6. #36
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Agreed. Then again, the Cons have made political suicide an art form. It seems the Dems should get a little fun for themselves.

    In the long-run, single payer works and works quite well. If they could get it passed, it would have put the Dems in power for a generation. However, it never would have passed. Only this bastardized view of national healthcare was doable. In the short-run, it has already been a form of political suicide for the Dems. In the long-run, however, the tables will turn on the Cons and they know it (which is why they are fighting to the death right now.)
    Anything operated by the government is going to be a cluster ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #37
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Here is a classic case of perception being reality.

    Real or not real?

    Zero is pretty bad. I'm fond of OR, lived in Eugene for 1.5 years.
    Eh...it's purdy much reality.

    Oregon Health Care Exchange Has Yet To Enroll A Single Person CBS Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #38
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    History will be written by the victors.
    At this rate, the Libbis won't get to participare in that. Lol'
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #39
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Well, my guess would be that the disparity might have something to do with the Administrations' decision to count people who had created accounts, but not, you know, actually purchased insurance.

    Or (and this is likely) they may be buffering the numbers with Medicaid enrollees.
    No, the #'s are people who signed up for coverage.

    IT may include Medicaid. In fact it probably does but that's not surprising. If someone is eligible for Medicaid, then it's a no-brainer for them. It's the cheapest option. If they're not eligible, then they have a decision to make. That takes time
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Hmm...You have a choice to pay $95 this year via a fine from the IRS.. OR you have a choice to pay (i'll be nice and say..) $50 per month for insurance. (because lets face it..most people will not qualify for fully subsidized health insurance..the ones that can might as well be on Medicaid.) So....pay $95 or pay 600. What choice do you all think people are going to pick? I know which one I am going to pick...
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •