Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 86

Thread: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

  1. #11
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    State exchanges, if you exclude Medicaid, is where they got this number = ~50k enrollees
    So, how many did the Federal Exchange get?

    These are real questions. Inquiring minds etc. I'm a Medicare guy at my tender age.

  2. #12
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    but... but.... the state exchanges are working perfectly! That's all we hear.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  3. #13
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    The State Exchanges are doing better, is that true?
    This is the State Exchanges.


    Federal Exchanges aren't any better.

  4. #14
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,875

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    So, how many did the Federal Exchange get?

    These are real questions. Inquiring minds etc. I'm a Medicare guy at my tender age.
    To be released this week. And there is another thread that the WH has defined an ACA enrollee as "people who have purchased a plan as well as those who have a plan sitting in their online shopping cart but have not yet paid."
    Who counts as an Obamacare enrollee? The Obama administration settles on a definition. | Wonkblog

    If only Amazon would report sales that way.....

  5. #15
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    So, how many did the Federal Exchange get?

    These are real questions. Inquiring minds etc. I'm a Medicare guy at my tender age.
    Fewer than 50,000.




    Apparently the administration planned on having the first million people signed up by now. Instead they got 10% of that. That means in order to catch up to the targets they have to hit, they have to start hitting 100% of their targets, plus an additional 900,000 people.

  6. #16
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    I just don't see them getting the numbers they will need for this thing to work until people show up to do their taxes and find out they will be fined for not having it. Then we'll probably see the numbers go up, but then the jury is out how people will respond to that.
    You only get fined if you get a return. Put 2 on your taxes.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  7. #17
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    This is the State Exchanges.
    Federal Exchanges aren't any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    To be released this week. And there is another thread that the WH has defined an ACA enrollee as "people who have purchased a plan as well as those who have a plan sitting in their online shopping cart but have not yet paid."
    Who counts as an Obamacare enrollee? The Obama administration settles on a definition. | Wonkblog
    If only Amazon would report sales that way.....
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Fewer than 50,000.

    Apparently the administration planned on having the first million people signed up by now. Instead they got 10% of that. That means in order to catch up to the targets they have to hit, they have to start hitting 100% of their targets, plus an additional 900,000 people.
    OK, they aren't doing very well. Agreed. But this isn't like a new Iphone. Nobody wants to go first. I think they'll do much better as the time approaches but believe me, I have no cat in this race. No law should exceed 50 pages and when they do, I can feel that hand in my pocket.

    I suppose the next election will be the Obamacare election...

  8. #18
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,067

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    The fine is - what? 95 bucks? v a health insurance bill that is in many cases 50, 75, 100% higher? oh yeah - and the IRS has no way of enforcing the fine?

    color me..... jaundiced with the notion that that is going to work terribly well.
    Well, its the greater of $95 or a 1% surtax on taxable income... that would be $1,000 to someone with $100K of taxable income. That is a little more compelling. ... and this is the "soft year". Each go up next year to $325 or a 2% surtax in 2015; and finally to $695 or 2.5% of taxable income thereafter.

    http://individualmandate.com/
    Last edited by upsideguy; 11-11-13 at 10:53 PM.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Well, its the greater of $95 or a 1% surtax on taxable income... that would be $1,000 to someone with $100K of taxable income. That is a little more compelling. ... and this is the "soft year". Each go up next year.
    And to not pay the $95 or any surtax they report less income. This is true when you raise taxes on the rich, the feds get no more income, meaning the people will only tolerate a certain about to give to the government. This will be true on the lower income people as well. I have to pay $95 or a surtax. I don't think so. Obamacare if a failure before it begins.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  10. #20
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,067

    Re: State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far -report

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    And to not pay the $95 or any surtax they report less income. This is true when you raise taxes on the rich, the feds get no more income, meaning the people will only tolerate a certain about to give to the government. This will be true on the lower income people as well. I have to pay $95 or a surtax. I don't think so. Obamacare if a failure before it begins.
    Yes, its what happens when the Dems wuss out and implement a Republican idea rather than the right thing, Medicare Part E (aka, single payer)...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •