Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 265

Thread: Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police

  1. #1
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police

    Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police | Fox News

    The family of a 3-year-old killed in a northern Missouri house fire early Oct. 31 says it is outraged after police used a stun gun to subdue the boy's stepfather as he tried to run back into the burning house to rescue the boy
    Not sure why it took more than a week for this to make national headlines, but this is just sad. The police absolutely should not have done this. This is disturbing to say the least.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  2. #2
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police | Fox News



    Not sure why it took more than a week for this to make national headlines, but this is just sad. The police absolutely should not have done this. This is disturbing to say the least.
    It says in the article that the fire was too dangerous for the stepfather to try to rescue his son, and that the police tried to save him from himself.
    Sad, though I have to think that the police made the correct judgment. Though one has to wonder about using the stun guns twice after the father has been handcuffed.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    It says in the article that the fire was too dangerous for the stepfather to try to rescue his son, and that the police tried to save him from himself.
    Sad, though I have to think that the police made the correct judgment. Though one has to wonder about using the stun guns twice after the father has been handcuffed.
    If I want to risk my own life to save the life of my son or stepson, that's my decision. The police overstepped here big time.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    If I want to risk my own life to save the life of my son or stepson, that's my decision. The police overstepped here big time.
    Of course it depends on perspective, but wouldn't have the police thought it their duty to save at least one more life? After all public safety sometimes overrules individual choice when a person intentionally puts oneself in danger, such as in trying to prevent suicides.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  5. #5
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police

    I will say this again.

    There are states that are making it illegal to hire new police recruits with high IQs.

    Police are ****ing stupid. They are drunk with their power and they don't even have college degrees.

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    Of course it depends on perspective, but wouldn't have the police thought it their duty to save at least one more life? After all public safety sometimes overrules individual choice when a person intentionally puts oneself in danger, such as in trying to prevent suicides.
    He might have saved the boy. We'll never know - because of the actions of the police. I buried my son 2 1/2 years ago. I'd rather die in a fire 1,000 times than bury my son once. Had I been in the position to save him, there's nothing I wouldn't have done to try. This man will live with this for the rest of his life.

    I realize this was a judgement call on behalf of the police officer, but it was the wrong call from where I sit.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    He might have saved the boy. We'll never know - because of the actions of the police. I buried my son 2 1/2 years ago. I'd rather die in a fire 1,000 times than bury my son once. Had I been in the position to save him, there's nothing I wouldn't have done to try. This man will live with this for the rest of his life.

    I realize this was a judgement call on behalf of the police officer, but it was the wrong call from where I sit.
    Ah, forgive my insensitivity on a subject that must be personal to you.
    All I wanted to say is that the police may have justified at all. I wouldn't pretend that I could imagine your pain, nobody who hasn't lost a child can.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    Ah, forgive my insensitivity on a subject that must be personal to you.
    All I wanted to say is that the police may have justified at all. I wouldn't pretend that I could imagine your pain, nobody who hasn't lost a child can.
    It's all good and what happened with my son would not change my opinion here. I still think the cops who did this were flat out wrong.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  9. #9
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAkston View Post
    It's all good and what happened with my son would not change my opinion here. I still think the cops who did this were flat out wrong.
    Isn't suicide illegal? So weren't the police preventing a crime?

    Not that I'm please about this but I think that will be the defense.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Missouri man trying to save stepson from fire hit with stun gun by police

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Isn't suicide illegal? So weren't the police preventing a crime?

    Not that I'm please about this but I think that will be the defense.
    Why should suicide be illegal? How did the officer know that he would be committing suicide? What right does the office have to prevent the man from trying to save his own step-son?

    Maybe it's the libertarian side of me posing these questions, but they are questions that deserve answers.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •