Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

  1. #21
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

    If he was really sorry he would ask the Senate to start working on a bill the would remove the ACA from law.
    Last edited by cpgrad08; 11-07-13 at 09:06 PM.

  2. #22
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    I'm not sold on Christie; but then again I really don't know much about him.
    I will NOT vote for Hilary - her lies about Libya (Bengazi/Viagra rape); and her general neoconish ways..no way.

    I'm all about stopping our "dizzying interventionism" overseas, but your domestic goals are laudable.
    Well, I really, really liked Bill Clinton and I regretted his poor personal behavior ruined his efforts. I thought Al Gore would have been a good, calm President and Clinton ruined it for him by ****ing around ad selling pardons. Still, Bill Clinton had an amazing mind.

    I find our endless military interventionism to be a bad decision. The Chinese build bridges and we bomb them. Who will be a better friend in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Fair enough - However, I wasn't pumping the "dynasty" - pumping Jeb Bush is not like pumping Chelsea Clinton - Jeb Bush is a very accomplished man and if anything the dynasty part hurts him. People shouldn't be judged by their relatives.
    No, I admit that it is a personal quirk. If the Father had more influence over the son, Bush II might have been a better leader. But I just can't bear another Bush, rightly or wrongly.

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    If his administration follows up with some adjustments that makes the plans requirements more fair, and get that website fixed they'll be ahead of this debacle.
    Yes. If they make this work, they'll be able to keep their powers and keep spying on us.

    Obamacare was a piss-poor strategy. A funded insurance company for the last resort would have been much easier and more effective and you could have actually kept your plan. But this way, political favors could be buried in the mass of chaos (and some nice taxes on the middle class).

    For 2 years all political capital was invested in this Rupe Goldberg medical concept at a time when job creation would have been so much more valuable and earned a place in history.

    I hope it works out - I'm not one to wish failure on Obama.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    In an exclusive interview with NBC's Chuck Todd President apologized that some Americans have lost their health insurance plans. Will this be enough to satisfy his haters out there? Of course not. A short video at Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage - U.S. News


    President Obama said Thursday that he is "sorry" that some Americans are losing their current health insurance plans as a result of the Affordable Care Act, despite his promise that no one would have to give up a health plan they liked.


    "I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," he told NBC News in an exclusive interview at the White House.


    "We've got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this."


    For more from President Obama's interview with Chuck Todd tune in to NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams at 6:30 pm ET.




    its never to late to apologize but it can be to late for that apology to be accepted, and considered sincere

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    President Obama said Thursday that he is "sorry" that some Americans are losing their current health insurance plans as a result of the Affordable Care Act, despite his promise that no one would have to give up a health plan they liked.


    "I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," he told NBC News in an exclusive interview at the White House.
    Somehow these two sentences are conflicting. He doesn't say folks lost coverage due to ACA. Paraphrasing; he is sorry they are in a situation based on his assurances...? They are in the situation they are in (lost plans they liked) due to a law he signed.

    If 'their situation' is feeling betrayed (read 'lied to') well then I guess it makes sense. Paraphrased again; "I'm sorry that they feel betrayed based on incorrect assurances they got from me".
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  5. #25
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Yes. If they make this work, they'll be able to keep their powers and keep spying on us.

    Obamacare was a piss-poor strategy. A funded insurance company for the last resort would have been much easier and more effective and you could have actually kept your plan. But this way, political favors could be buried in the mass of chaos (and some nice taxes on the middle class).

    For 2 years all political capital was invested in this Rupe Goldberg medical concept at a time when job creation would have been so much more valuable and earned a place in history.

    I hope it works out - I'm not one to wish failure on Obama.
    Everyone complains about the natl debt, entitlements, welfare and cost of medical and when someone tries to do something, because it's not the right party or flawless they have a cow. Something has got to be done and given a chance to work, if it flops, then we can call it crap.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #26
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    In an exclusive interview with NBC's Chuck Todd President apologized that some Americans have lost their health insurance plans. Will this be enough to satisfy his haters out there? Of course not. A short video at Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage - U.S. News


    President Obama said Thursday that he is "sorry" that some Americans are losing their current health insurance plans as a result of the Affordable Care Act, despite his promise that no one would have to give up a health plan they liked.


    "I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," he told NBC News in an exclusive interview at the White House.


    "We've got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this."


    For more from President Obama's interview with Chuck Todd tune in to NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams at 6:30 pm ET.




    Man. That meeting with those Democrat Senators yesterday must have gone..... really badly.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

    It's like robbing a bank and then saying your sorry.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

    After telling America a lie, repeatedly, then saying "I didn't lie" the President is sorry people misunderstood his lying.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

    his apology is hollow
    his apology is like me saying something offensive and say "im sorry you heard it and sorry it offended you, but im not sorry I said it"

  10. #30
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,435

    Re: Exclusive: Obama personally apologizes for Americans losing health coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You won't find a more decent, honest, man than Jeb Bush - I have faith the Republicans will get it right this time around.
    There is still a Little time to get a legal name change in order to win the Presidency.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •