Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 503

Thread: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

  1. #181
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,023

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Gosh, Man, I am so so sorry, I was totally unaware that there were some guidelines that say somewhere, apparently, that you get to establish a prohibition against me telling the situation as it actually is, not how “we” [read: you] would "want" or like it to be.

    Diopter problems perhaps? Cogency complications?

    Wrong. So truly utterly bewilderingly wrong.

    You most certainly can do exactly that. Hell, we did it. Plain for anybody, any simpleton included, or at least ones that come without ideological blinders, to see. I mean, from every single aspect I can readily think of you are wrong. Who told you… or more to the point, why are you trying to tell me that I, we, cannot look at some dictatorships as being worse than others? Mao's was worse than Stalin's which was worse than Hitler’s which was worse than Pol Pot's all of which were way way worse than Franco or Marcos [ you mentioned the Aquinos, didn’t say which one so assume both, but I would presume you might actually have been talking the Marcos, but doesn’t really matter as neither were near as bad as any of those lefty regimes mentioned ].

    If your premise were to be played out to the end, we didn’t start off perfect, and if we cannot even attempt a transition from our imperfection, then we are not allowed, by your calculus, to even improve on an ongoing basis? To evolve, to “progress”?

    Too bad, thank goodness we don't always listen to y'all, cause we have already done it.

    So, might that be just plain stupid talk, by any slim chance?

    And, no way….nooooo way. There is actually [ again, noooooo way ] actually an economic aspect to this? OMG, I just realized for the very first time, ever, in my life, since I was born, wowwww… economics is in EVERYTHING. So, I guess It might be pretty easy to weave an economic aspect in there, eh… since it really cannot be absent no matter what? Yeah, so what, we could not be other than two economic camps, especially since both systems are different, both are ecomomic [ communism combining political and economic ]... so again, what is your major point other than the absolute obvious?

    What is funny is that your side wants to hold our side to this white glove standard and you know there will be dust and dirt there when you touch the real world. Your side, the left, has swept an unbelievably large pile, a bulbous billowing barge load, under the rug...that does not even come close to hiding it to those of us who look even slightly in that direction.

    And yanno, I really admire you folks that put yourselves out there, defend the indefensible with such a stoic straight face…. Wait, sorry, now I cannot really say that with a straight face…


    The bottom line is, most everything that comes from the left causes more misery. Don’t blame me, I am just the messenger. Below that bottom line is this… your side never seems to see what your side does so wrong, deadly wrong, but you see every blemish on ours… and, more importantly, you like to sacrifice good and better on the altar of perfection… and we already know what kind of talk that is.
    All that diatribe so you could admit that yes, the Vietnam war was about US defending US economic interests and had nothing to do with a Disney Freedom. Well, at least you finally bowed down and gave up the jingoist bull****. And nope - you don't get to deem "one dictatorship" as being worse than another. Specially when the number of deaths is in the millions. Why? Simple - any deeming of which would be worse is nothing more than political bias at work. Yeah, Mao was worse than Hitler. According to whom? Jews? Doubt it very much. Romas? I doubt they'd agree. They'd say Hitler was worse than Mao. The Taiwanese? Well, they'd say Mao was worse than Hitler. The Tibetans? They'd claim the same. So who am I to believe? You? Nope.

    You've basically backed down out of every argument you made that we had some sort of higher ground and have been reduced to "Well! I get to say which was worse because I'm a conservative!" - Spare me the nonsense. I'm also glad you didn't pick up on the South Korea topic. I would have loved to see you defend a dictator like Park while claiming he was some sort of freedom lover. Glad you reduced your opinion to "Well he wasn't that bad!"

    Now, seeing how you've basically just started the never ending story on who had the worst dictators and I have shown that neither side was interested in freedoms as per their support of dictatorships, do you have anything to add? Or are you going to argue that one dictatorship is better than another? Glad to see those Reagan Conservative Values at work.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #182
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,882

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    OMG, you are joking right? Oh, He tried it, but everybody knows, even him, that its laughable now...when you are in your second term, you can only really blame the administration before you, and that is now Obama... so we see there is no real resolution to his problem. I was wondering how he is gonna blame GW for Obamadon'tcare tho? And you know you cannot say he didn't do that his first time, hell, it was incessant.

    Guess this is a case for WWAS....What Would Alinsky Say, eh?
    Oh boy, an Alinsky reference. Everybody drink.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,023

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Oh boy, an Alinsky reference. Everybody drink.
    Way ahead of ya. I'm waiting for Paul Kersey to come in the thread and call us "fascists".... Oh wait...
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #184
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    When is the last time Obama even mentioned Bush's name? Geez, give it a rest.
    I won't take advice from you. But you could try to give Obama some. BTW, the last big one I remember was back in May or so. But I'm sure I have missed some because the only thing Obama has been good at was blaming everything on Bush.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  5. #185
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,882

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    I won't take advice from you. But you could try to give Obama some. BTW, the last big one I remember was back in May or so. But I'm sure I have missed some because the only thing Obama has been good at was blaming everything on Bush.
    Citation needed, please.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #186
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,013

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    "If this photo exists, that would shatter most illusions of her meeting with enemy civilians in order to demonstrate that they're people too, which makes complete sense if you're anti-war. It's a lot of what being anti-war is about."-Cardinal.

    That had to sting.
    Not really, because I never actually denied the photo existed, which is why I asked if anybody could find it for me. Now, if I had said, "There's no such photo, retards! Bwahahaha!" then it would have stung.

  7. #187
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,013

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Oh boy, an Alinsky reference. Everybody drink.
    I hope "communism" and "socialist" aren't drinking game words either, or we'd all die of liver disease by the end of the day.

  8. #188
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,882

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I hope "communism" and "socialist" aren't drinking game words either, or we'd all die of liver disease by the end of the day.
    You've got to wonder when the righties will get sick of flogging Saul Alinsky's 40-years-dead corpse, especially since they use the exact same "Alinsky tactics" that they constantly piss and moan about lefties allegedly doing. Quite a projection racket they've got going over there.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #189
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,013

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    You've got to wonder when the righties will get sick of flogging Saul Alinsky's 40-years-dead corpse, especially since they use the exact same "Alinsky tactics" that they constantly piss and moan about lefties allegedly doing. Quite a projection racket they've got going over there.
    No no no, they have to use those tactics because the liberals are using them. Don't you see the awful position they've been put in?

  10. #190
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    All that diatribe so you could admit that yes, the Vietnam war was about US defending US economic interests and had nothing to do with a Disney Freedom. Well, at least you finally bowed down and gave up the jingoist bull****. And nope - you don't get to deem "one dictatorship" as being worse than another. Specially when the number of deaths is in the millions. Why? Simple - any deeming of which would be worse is nothing more than political bias at work. Yeah, Mao was worse than Hitler. According to whom? Jews? Doubt it very much. Romas? I doubt they'd agree. They'd say Hitler was worse than Mao. The Taiwanese? Well, they'd say Mao was worse than Hitler. The Tibetans? They'd claim the same. So who am I to believe? You? Nope.

    You've basically backed down out of every argument you made that we had some sort of higher ground and have been reduced to "Well! I get to say which was worse because I'm a conservative!" - Spare me the nonsense. I'm also glad you didn't pick up on the South Korea topic. I would have loved to see you defend a dictator like Park while claiming he was some sort of freedom lover. Glad you reduced your opinion to "Well he wasn't that bad!"

    Now, seeing how you've basically just started the never ending story on who had the worst dictators and I have shown that neither side was interested in freedoms as per their support of dictatorships, do you have anything to add? Or are you going to argue that one dictatorship is better than another? Glad to see those Reagan Conservative Values at work.
    You know, guess since we are homies now, might be time to clue you in, man, to the fact that I know when to back away from the hardcore absurdly foolish... to just sit back and let it just simmer, stew in its own steamy fecalness.

    Besides which, most...scratch that on second perusal, All of it being so damn silly, would be like a mosquito hovering over a rather rotund peoples nudist camp, staring down at so many targets of opportunity...just where the hell does one begin?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •