Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 503

Thread: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

  1. #141
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    while the worship of ted as some right wing hero is bizarre, didn't fonda attack POWs for claiming there was torture within the Vietnamese camps?
    As I said, I don't like either one of them. Nugent is especially annoying because now he passes himself off as super-patriot, when he in fact was a coward. Fonda is what she is. I would never pay a dime to watch any movie she was in.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #142
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,803

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    When you said >"I have never seen any credible evidence where she caused deaths."<

    Jane Fonda was one of the socialist leaders of the anti war movement.

    The anti-war movement prolonged the war in Vietnam.

    Even John Kerry is credited for delaying the Paris Peace Talks for a few days when he showed up in Paris and unlawfully met with North Vietnamese government officials which resulted in the war to continue a little longer where more Americans were killed in Vietnam.

    There have been more than a few North Vietnamese government officials and military leaders who after the war have acknowledged that the anti-war movement played a significant amount with helping North Vietnam to keep fighting after their biggest military defeat known as the Tet Offense of 1968.

    So significant that an entire wall at the war memorial museum in Hanoi is dedicated to the anti-war movement in America. And on that wall are the photos of "Hanoi" Jane Fonda and John Kerry.
    Lord have mercy.

    My point was, and is, that the note passing and associated deaths was debunked years ago.
    That was exactly what was referenced with the initial hatred here.

    Weaving in the anti war movement delay was never anything that I discussed here.
    I was just a little shaver during the war.

    I agree with personal accountability for all, no matter the situation, which includes her.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If you took a reading comprehension class, you wouldn't ask such a question. Read my post again - here, this part will help you:



    The rest of your post is just more of your ramblings based on the fact you can't seem to properly understand what it is you're reading.
    You just want it to be "ramblings" because it suits your agenda...

    Truth is you don't know the half of communism and dictatorships or military coups... Funny how you don't list any of the crazy **** that happened in Africa when some of the most loony dictators of them all reside there....

  4. #144
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You just want it to be "ramblings" because it suits your agenda...
    Eh, I'm calling them ramblings because they are. My post has a very specific statement about the USSR and the government they backed. It's not a positive statement. That you're too lazy to read or unable to understand it is your problem, not mine. Here it is again:

    The Russians didn't care about "freedom" either. They cared about trade and pro-USSR governments even if it came at the cost of millions dying.
    - You seriously should consider taking up reading comprehension. It would save you the embarrassment.

    Funny how you don't list any of the crazy **** that happened in Africa when some of the most loony dictators of them all reside there....
    Eh... what? I did list a whole bunch of crazy ass looney African dictators. Do you know who Mobutu was? Guess where he was from?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I don't know what that means.
    It's Vietnamese and was a U.S. military slang used during the Vietnam war.

    It translates into to go or get out or to leave.

    You dinky dau = you crazy.

    nuoc-mam = What Charley smelled like. it's actually a fish sauce that Vietnamese used on their food and they would sweat it out and you could smell it as body order.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Eh, I'm calling them ramblings because they are. My post has a very specific statement about the USSR and the government they backed. It's not a positive statement. That you're too lazy to read or unable to understand it is your problem, not mine. Here it is again:



    - You seriously should consider taking up reading comprehension. It would save you the embarrassment.



    Eh... what? I did list a whole bunch of crazy ass looney African dictators. Do you know who Mobutu was? Guess where he was from?
    What is your point? you want me to be sympathetic to the Red Army, Lenin, Stalin etc???

    Yes I'm anti-communist - I think that is plainly obvious, and in a free country I have the RIGHT to hold my own opinions and share them - you clearly don't believe that.

  7. #147
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Dude. I've told you this already.

    The POWs that supposedly got ratted out and beaten? They said that story was fake.
    Navy Pride believes whatever the right wing hate mongers tell him, and he's not likely to believe any POW that says differently.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #148
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    What is your point? you want me to be sympathetic to the Red Army, Lenin, Stalin etc???

    Yes I'm anti-communist - I think that is plainly obvious, and in a free country I have the RIGHT to hold my own opinions and share them - you clearly don't believe that.
    Lol - I'm sorry I embarrassed you by pointing out the fact that you don't understand posts you're replying to. Now run along and go find somebody at a lower level. You're punching way above your weight class here.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lol - I'm sorry I embarrassed you by pointing out the fact that you don't understand posts you're replying to. Now run along and go find somebody at a lower level. You're punching way above your weight class here.
    I love how you "very liberal" people believe you're better than everyone else... Classy people.

  10. #150
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    What is your point? you want me to be sympathetic to the Red Army, Lenin, Stalin etc???

    Yes I'm anti-communist - I think that is plainly obvious, and in a free country I have the RIGHT to hold my own opinions and share them - you clearly don't believe that.
    In what alternate universe is Hatuey claiming you don't have the right to hold your opinions? You have the right to hold your opinions; Hatuey has the right to tell you that you're wrong.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •