Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 503

Thread: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    There was no evidence, just incorrect rumors.

    If there was truly evidence, then she would have been charged legally.

    Politicians and military leadership screwed servicemen a lot more than anyone else.
    So that wasn't Hanoi Jane broadcasting on radio from Hanoi ?
    That wasn't Hanoi Jane sitting on an A/A gun in Hanoi when it was against the law for American citizens to travel to Communist North Vietnam ?
    That wasn't Hanoi Jane who supported communism back when the agenda of American communist and the radical left to violently overthrow the U.S. government ?
    So that wasn't Hanoi Jane who would tell American soldiers to desert while in combat ?
    So that wasn't Hanoi Jane who was associated with the VVAW, the same organization who planned to attack Congress and kill as many members of Congress.
    That wasn't Hanoi Jane who married Tom Hayden ?

    During the past 4 1/2 years over half of all American adults at one time or another have been labeled by the left as being racist. Where's the evidence ?

  2. #92
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    It would be the Christian thing to do. I guess I need work.

    Well, there are some folks in this world that I don't want to find forgiveness in their hearts. I want them to remain bitter and angry.

    And when they are standing at St. Peter's gate, they will be judged as they judged. They will be offered the same forgiveness they afforded others.

    Then they will quickly be dispatched to hell.

    That is, if you actually believe in all that Jesus and God stuff, (instead of just giving lip service about it..... LOL!)

    We all need some work Mak2.
    Last edited by Captain America; 11-08-13 at 02:12 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #93
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I'm just one of tens of millions if not hundreds of millions
    HUNDREDS of millions?

    You may wish to avail yourself of some basic population statistics for America in the early seventies.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Were those American soldiers "stabbed in the back" lawyers working in courts determining treason? I have zero interest in conjecture or opinions of laymen on this matter.

    If you tell me that certain people found her behavior extremely distasteful I'd say, "Well, can't argue with that." But once you tell me they've "found her guilty of providing aid and comfort to the enemy" you've entered legal territory.
    An American Traitor: Guilty As Charged

    >" For three decades Jane Fonda obfuscated, distorted and lied about virtually everything connected with her wartime trip to North Vietnam: her motive, her acts, her intent, and her contribution to the Communists’ war effort. With the aid of clever handlers, she so successfully suppressed and spun her conduct in Hanoi that many Americans didn’t know what she had done there, and, more important, the legal significance.

    Three years ago, our book, “Aid and Comfort”: Jane Fonda in North Vietnam (McFarland & Co.), laid bare the incontrovertible facts, applied the American law of treason to them —and proved, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Jane Fonda should have been indicted for (and would have been convicted of) treason..."<

    FrontPage Magazine - An American Traitor: Guilty As Charged

    HOW JANE FONDA SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF TREASON

    >" A group Senators and U.S. Congressman pleaded passionately with Brigadier General Robinson Risner, USAF. It was summer 1973, just a few months after our POWs were released from North Vietnam. They told him that he would be the key witness in Congressional hearings to bring the charge of Treason against Jane Fonda. Her famous visit to North Vietnam while her country was at war caused great harm to American soldiers in the field bringing aid, abetting and encouragement to the enemy. They fought with even more confidence that the American will was waning…….and caused even more American casualties. Many of those casualties would have their names engraved on the Vietnam Memorial "Wall" a few years later. She caused U.S. Prisoners of War, held in Hanoi, to suffer more torture and torment and would surely be convicted of Treason, as was "Tokyo Rose," an American citizen, during WWII. General Risner, who was one of the highest ranking POWs, held captive for seven years, three of those in solitary confinement, would be the final and most important witness to make the charges of Treason really hold. No matter how hard they attempted to convince General Risner, he held firm. He would not testify. Reluctantly, the Congressional hearings, scheduled for the charge of treason against Jane Fonda, were canceled..."<

    HOW JANE FONDA SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF TREASON - THR

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    If I remember right APA, Nixon himself choose not to prosecute Fonda although many of his aides wanted him to. He, Nixon didn't want all the publicity and demonstrations that a treason trial would have brought while he was in serious negotiation with the North Vietnamese. That was from one of his books he wrote.
    That's what I have read and heard.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southwest AZ
    Last Seen
    08-12-17 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,285

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    And your source is.....?

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    The person most responsible for unnecessary deaths in Viet Nam is Richard Nixon. Nixon may have sabotaged the 1968 Paris Peace talks to help Nixon win the election that year. After Nixon was elected they kept the war going as long as they could manage before they saw that nearly the whole country wanted us out of Viet Nam. Nothing was gained by allowing the war go on for so long.

    "...The most arresting chapter gives us conclusive reason to believe that Nixon and his associates -- especially Attorney General John Mitchell and Vice President Spiro Agnew -- consciously sabotaged the Vietnam peace negotiations in Paris in the fall of 1968. Elements of this story have surfaced before, in books by, among others, Clark Clifford and Richard Holbrooke, Seymour Hersh and William Bundy. But this is the most convincing account to have appeared so far, relying as it does on wiretaps released to Summers by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Many senior Democrats knew this ghastly secret but kept it to themselves, if only because L.B.J. had lawfully if shamefacedly bugged Nixon and and his co-conspirators, as well as the South Vietnamese Embassy. (The FBI intercept cables are reproduced here.)

    Using a series of extremist and shady intermediaries, the Nixon campaign covertly assured the South Vietnamese generals that if they boycotted President Lyndon B. Johnson's dearly bought conference (which they ultimately did on the very eve of the election) they would get a more sympathetic administration. Irony is too feeble a word for what they actually got: a losing war, protracted for four years and concluded -- with much additional humiliation -- on the same terms that Johnson and Hubert Humphrey had been offering in 1968. Summers has spoken to all the surviving participants, including the dramatic go-between figure of Anna Chennault, who now regards even herself as one of those betrayed by this foul deal. Almost half the names on that wall in Washington are inscribed with a date after Nixon and Kissinger took office. We still cringe from counting the number of Vietnamese, Laotians and Cambodians. Nixon's illegal and surreptitious conduct not only prolonged an awful war but also corrupted and subverted a crucial presidential election: the combination must make it the most wicked action in American history. "
    Let Me Say This About That a review of THE ARROGANCE OF POWER The Secret World of Richard Nixon By Anthony Summers with Robbyn Swan.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I'm just one of tens of millions if not hundreds of millions back then who have accused Hanoi Jane of treason.

    If I remember correctly back during the 70's the left's defense was that Hanoi Jane couldn't be tried for treason because the Vietnam war wasn't a "declared war." The United States has fought over a hundred wars that weren't declared wars by Congress.

    Your argument and the left's argument would be if a soldier were to fall asleep while on the perimeter in combat in Vietnam or even Afghanistan today that the soldier couldn't face the death penalty under Article 113 of the UCMJ because neither wars were declared wars. Bull ####.

    Re: Obama.

    We have less personal freedoms in America today than we had in 2008.
    That's not the argument I'm making, you just made that up.

    Also why are you bringing Obama up, we're talking about your opinion that this woman shouldn't have the rights granted to every American and ironically done in the name of protecting those rights.

    So queer.

  9. #99
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    That's not the argument I'm making, you just made that up.

    Also why are you bringing Obama up, we're talking about your opinion that this woman shouldn't have the rights granted to every American and ironically done in the name of protecting those rights.

    So queer.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    re: America's top UN diplomat has high praise for 'Hanoi Jane' [W:306]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    That's not the argument I'm making, you just made that up.

    Also why are you bringing Obama up, we're talking about your opinion that this woman shouldn't have the rights granted to every American and ironically done in the name of protecting those rights.

    So queer.
    Wasn't it you who brought up freedoms and was first to use Obama's name ?

    But there is a connection to Obama and Tom Hayden as there's a connection to Jane Fonda and Tom Hayden.

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •