Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 405

Thread: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I bet a gay person works with you.
    Is that all you have? I don't really care if they are gay or not. I have the right to deny access, service or employment to anyone I damn well please for any damn reason I want to chose. No one will convince me otherwise.

  2. #52
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    It won't pass here in Oregon for the same reason pot legalization hasn't thus far - it's not a big problem in employment here. All the major employers in the state have long since added that to their HR policies. The antis are highly motivated to defeat it and the pros are not that motivated to pass it. Plus, even the liberals here buy into our non-official state motto - We're nothing like California, and that's a good thing!

  3. #53
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,516

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, I will not. I tried of tyrants thinking they have the high ground. They have nothing.
    Ya know, I understand your point about personal liberty and rights. Why should another rightfully force you to do anything that is your own business? However that only works in a perfect world. Your rights end where another person's begins. How fair is it to a gay person in a small conservative town who can't get a job, or keep a job, etc., because everyone targets them, runs them out of town? A little compromise can defuse this situation into something that is reasonable for both parties. If you want to fire someone, do it for a good reason, being gay is not a good reason.

    Don't tell me this doesn't happen either. I grew up in a small town and I saw all kinds of... tyranny.

  4. #54
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Is that all you have? I don't really care if they are gay or not. I have the right to deny access, service or employment to anyone I damn well please for any damn reason I want to chose. No one will convince me otherwise.
    Democracy has resulted in a legal situation you disagree with.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #55
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Democracy has resulted in a legal situation you disagree with.
    That hasn't been the result of democracy.

  6. #56
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, it just makes it so you can't deny someone for that reason. Guess what? I have the right to do that. It's my business, my property, my resources, and my mother****ing call on who I will associate with, how long I will do, and for what reason I do so. I don't care if people think my right is fair. They have no right to be on my property, to get my service, to force me to associate with them, or to be employed.
    This is where I hesitate on this law... I support it to a point and it is about time it was addressed...

    HOWEVER, I agree with you on this part. If it is a PRIVATELY held company. I can understand it. You can hire and fire at your leisure. Your company, your risk, your call.

    However, if it is a corporation, it should be a different story. Then, it is not just one person's call.
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

  7. #57
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Except that by definition something that violates the rights of people can not in turn be a right.
    yes im well of aware of what your OPINION is but facts, reality and the law disagree with you.
    You've stated your opinions and philosophy many times but they are meaningless and have failed endlessly.

    In your opinion the current laws violate rights well many many court cases, pieces of legislation, facts, reality, defined rights/laws and much court precedence disagree with you opinion and render it meaningless.

    You support discrimination and want to empower it and bigots, I do not, i support equal rights and stopping discrimination.

    Good luck trying to sell your opinion to people though.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #58
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, it just makes it so you can't deny someone for that reason. Guess what? I have the right to do that. It's my business, my property, my resources, and my mother****ing call on who I will associate with, how long I will do, and for what reason I do so. I don't care if people think my right is fair. They have no right to be on my property, to get my service, to force me to associate with them, or to be employed.
    so funny!
    reality and facts disagree and say you dont
    dont like it, use common sense and dont open a public access business

    nobody is forcing you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #59
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,183

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    NOTE: Don't have a link for this yet. Vote just passed the 50 vote threshold in the Senate. Will post a link as soon as one becomes available.

    It is only right that a person's private life is no damn business of the government, nor the business of whoever employs that person.

    EDIT: Final vote was 64-32.

    EDIT2. Got the link. Article is here.

    Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill
    The Speaker hates it...next.

  10. #60
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Name some people that were fired for being gay.
    I hope your not suggesting people arent fired for being gay because that would simply expose the fact that you are severely dishonest or severely uneducated about this topic.

    are all gay people fired for being gay? of course not
    are some gay people fired simply because they are bad employees? of course
    are some gay people fired simply for being gay, absolutely, thats just reality and the facts lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •