Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 405

Thread: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

  1. #381
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    Christianity:

    "Let your gentleness show in your treatment of all people."

    Phillipians 4:5

    E.G. discrimination, hate, etc are not gentle

    That doesn't mean we AGREE with LGBT, clearly it's a sin (whether you believe in God or not - it's damaging - hence a sin)

    Should we start discriminating against adulterers? Soldiers who killed in war? Drunks?

    No, of course not. Homosexuality is NOT different than the aforementioned sins.

    We "all fall short of the glory of God" and those who 'show mercy will be shown mercy'.

    Isn't that better than the false Christianity the 'hate' squad brings? They can't deal with their own sins, so the project outwards!
    personal precived sins that are subjective on a national level are all completely meaningless when it comes to protecting rights anyway

    But i do agree 100% with your basic premise Christianity/Religion is no a logical reason what so ever to oppose this bill, none.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #382
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) his opinion isnt denying right thought, others want to nd his opinion on homosexuality are based on facts, others were not
    2.) nothing to deal with because equal rights is winning
    3.) this is true but its temporary
    4.) factually wrong but if you feel that way awesome perfect argument to protect them both then!!!
    Another nonsense reply munging the posts of others and proclaiming your opinions to be fact. C'mon back when you have something significant to contribute.

  3. #383
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    491

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    personal precived sins that are subjective on a national level are all completely meaningless when it comes to protecting rights anyway

    But i do agree 100% with your basic premise Christianity/Religion is no a logical reason what so ever to oppose this bill, none.
    Agreed.

    We're stuck in this system where God has not revealed himself directly; only to those who have faith in his mediator, so attempting to create objective law in a secular world, which does not perceive truth, is purely a waste of time.

    So the conclusion must be: protect the weak, downtrodden, innocent, abused (REGARDLESS of their lifestyle)

    "Learn to do good, seek justice, Correct the oppressor,
    Defend the rights of the fatherless child,
    And plead the cause of the widow."

    Isaiah 1:17

    Christianity isn't religion really (not the bible - but clearly men have made it that) - it's a ontological argument for reality.
    Last edited by SingleCellOrganism; 11-15-13 at 05:22 PM.

  4. #384
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    NOTE: Don't have a link for this yet. Vote just passed the 50 vote threshold in the Senate. Will post a link as soon as one becomes available.

    It is only right that a person's private life is no damn business of the government, nor the business of whoever employs that person.

    EDIT: Final vote was 64-32.

    EDIT2. Got the link. Article is here.

    Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill
    The republican controlled house won't even bring it to the floor. Sad but true.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  5. #385
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Another nonsense reply munging the posts of others and proclaiming your opinions to be fact.
    2.)C'mon back when you have something significant to contribute.
    translation: you have no argument, we all knew that already

    also what OPINIONS did i post? lol please list the OPINIONS i posted and called facts in what you quoted, i bet you dont do it

    2.) yes that good avice for you, are you claiming what i said to be wrong? we love for oyu to try and prove it and further show how your post is a failure.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #386
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It doesnt matter what what lean you are, the plain simple fact is that until you can convince the right to give up their protections others will seek them as well.


    Your opinion about homosexuality is noted and discarded. Most religion seeks control, hence the "believe in OUR religion or go to hell" mentality Christians and other similar religions share. And religion is a CHOICE. Most homosexuals I know have not chosen to be gay that's who they are.

    So as before, don't like it, tough **** deal with it.
    I am dealing with it. I am searching out active groups that may be guided to focus their violent intent in a manor that will reduce collateral damage and actually do some good. Sure, their a bunch of dumbasses, but they may at least be guided to be less dumb.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  7. #387
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you have no argument, we all knew that already

    also what OPINIONS did i post? lol please list the OPINIONS i posted and called facts in what you quoted, i bet you dont do it

    2.) yes that good avice for you, are you claiming what i said to be wrong? we love for oyu to try and prove it and further show how your post is a failure.
    Troll somewhere else.

  8. #388
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    1.)I disagree with the 'personal perceived sin'.

    2.) It's objective law from the creator, not subjective 'opinion'.

    3.) (and it makes sense frankly - imagine a pro-homosexual nation: it wouldn't survive a generation, the youth would be corrupted sexually and no family units would develop - See Rome circa 30 BC - 70 AD)

    4.) Or even more interesting is Augustus ban on adultery 40 years prior; same story, and these were pagans without objective law (basically the USA of today, no objective law, just opinion) - they perceived that adultery is socially destructive.

    5.) (pro-drugs, pro-adultery, pro-war, same story - wouldn't survive a generation - look at the USA! Pro-war stances have almost literally destroyed this once-powerful nation)

    But we're stuck in this system where God has not revealed himself directly; only to those who have faith in his mediator, so attempting to create objective law in a secular world, which does not perceive truth, is purely a waste of time.

    So the conclusion must be: protect the weak, downtrodden, innocent, abused (REGARDLESS of their lifestyle)
    1.) you are free to do so but facts prove you wrong
    2.) more of your OPINION but for your argument sake, say its true, that still has nothing to do with american law and equal rights. Its not based on YOUR opinions or religion.
    3.) well you just proved how uneducated you are on this subject, currently the argument could be made we are already there, just not legally yet

    4.) also meaningless to america and equal rights

    5.) you are free to have this opinion but pro-equality and equal rights is winning

    6.) weird im a Christian and theres no parts of that that says i should deny equal rights and force my views on others and judge people

    7.) good luck with that

    oh by the way, nothing changed

    fact is personal precived sins that are subjective on a national level are all completely meaningless when it comes to protecting rights anyway
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #389
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Troll somewhere else.
    BOOM! there you have it, personal failed insults and deflections right on time this is typical of people that cant defend their failed posts.

    PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC

    so sticking to topic, you can or cant point to things i labeled a fact that are not and prove it?

    so is religion FACTUALLY like sexuality in the matter of choice? can you back that up with ant facts or no? seems not

    let us know when you want to stick to the topic and you have ANYTHING factual that backs up your claims. heck one thing . . one
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #390
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    491

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) you are free to do so but facts prove you wrong
    2.) more of your OPINION but for your argument sake, say its true, that still has nothing to do with american law and equal rights. Its not based on YOUR opinions or religion.
    3.) well you just proved how uneducated you are on this subject, currently the argument could be made we are already there, just not legally yet

    4.) also meaningless to america and equal rights

    5.) you are free to have this opinion but pro-equality and equal rights is winning

    6.) weird im a Christian and theres no parts of that that says i should deny equal rights and force my views on others and judge people

    7.) good luck with that

    oh by the way, nothing changed

    fact is personal precived sins that are subjective on a national level are all completely meaningless when it comes to protecting rights anyway
    I edited my post, because I realized I went a bit far.

    1.) What facts? Are you suggesting that theft isn't universally wrong? E.G. are you suggesting there is no objective morality?

    2.) Agreed, actually that was basically the point of my post

    3.) Agreed - we'll collapse because of it. Do you know any teenagers? Notice how dead they are to the idea of morality? [where will that lead do you think?]

    4.) Agreed - my point being that pre-Christianity, government perceived the negative detriment of making all behavior acceptable (primarily sexual, since it literally can destroy a society)

    5.) So you are in fact suggesting that there is no action/reaction positive/negative to behavior? Look at the USA pre-WW1 and post-WW1: war shredded this nation

    6.) Yup, that is exactly what I'm arguing.

    7.) So you disagree that we should protect the weak regardless of lifestyle? I thought that is what you were arguing?


    Sexuality is choice. 100%

    I choose not to cheat on my wife. I choose not to have sex with men. I choose not to look at young women. Etc. Etc.

    How can you argue otherwise? Are gay people so enslaved by their desire that they can't control it? Is that what you're suggesting?

    IMO life is a STRUGGLE between selfish behavior and unselfish behavior. Sex (outside the confines of marriage) is almost universally selfish behavior.

    (unwanted babies, abortions, bad parents, rape, non-commitment by one party, emotional abuse, etc)

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •