Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 405

Thread: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

  1. #371
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Not that it matters when talking about protecting peoples equal rights, helping equity and fighting bigotry/discrimination but its a nice "bonus" when people actually agree

    Gallup.Com - Polling Matters by Frank Newport: Senate Vote on ENDA Remarkably Close to Public Sentiment

    Make it illegal to discriminate in the work place based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
    63% yes
    31% no
    6% no opinion

    again doesn't really matter but its good to see when society actually cares about equal rights, protecting their fellow Americans and offering the same privileges that they themselves have.

    Its awesome to witness this improvement and movement to more civility and less bigotry/discrimination.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #372
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So, due to your dislike of Christians, you will continue taking incremental steps away from Freedom? Ok, but we didn't get where we are in a single giant leap but by one small step at a time, we probably won't fix in one giant step either, we will need to take small steps. The first step is always stopping the momentum/movement in the direction things are going. You cause the problem to recede until you stop it going forward.
    Has nothing to do with dislike of Christians, it has to do with the right being hypocritical by saying that LGBT shouldn't be protected because of "freedom" yet they have no problem exercising their own protections for their "special" groups like Christians. Why do you hate freedom?

  3. #373
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Has nothing to do with dislike of Christians, it has to do with the right being hypocritical by saying that LGBT shouldn't be protected because of "freedom" yet they have no problem exercising their own protections for their "special" groups like Christians. Why do you hate freedom?
    I hate not freedom. But I choose not to walk another step along the road of slavery and misfortune, for each step along that road shall have to be traveled again to reach the road of Freedom.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #374
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I hate not freedom. But I choose not to walk another step along the road of slavery and misfortune, for each step along that road shall have to be traveled again to reach the road of Freedom.
    Funny, the right has no problem traveling that road along "slavery and misfortune" (as you put it) when it suits THEIR needs. Sorry, but as long as the right continues to be hypocritical in the regards for protections they shall be applied to LGBT as well. Either get your side of the isle to change or deal with it.

  5. #375
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Funny, the right has no problem traveling that road along "slavery and misfortune" (as you put it) when it suits THEIR needs. Sorry, but as long as the right continues to be hypocritical in the regards for protections they shall be applied to LGBT as well. Either get your side of the isle to change or deal with it.
    Why do you keep point out the "right" to me? I am neither right or left. I care not what hypocrisy the right has, the subject here is creating more and more government stupidity and forcing beliefs down others throats. If you wish to discuss the right, the by all means start a thread on them.

    But frankly religion and homosexuality are not the same thing. You are comparing apples to oranges, and I care not to purchase either. Religion seeks answers to life. This whole homosexual thing attempts to achieve recognition as normal an aberration of basic human instincts and dysfunction that differs from genetic design.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  6. #376
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Funny, the right has no problem traveling that road along "slavery and misfortune" (as you put it) when it suits THEIR needs. Sorry, but as long as the right continues to be hypocritical in the regards for protections they shall be applied to LGBT as well. Either get your side of the isle to change or deal with it.
    not fair to group ALL the right together, many of them support equal rights and want people protected from bigotry and discrimination

    but yes unfortunately "stereo-typically" the view is they are against it

    but lastly and most importantly is regardless of how anybody feels they are all just going to have to deal with it because equal rights is winning and discrimination and bigotry is losing. The writing is on the wall, heck this type of bigotry is already illegal in what 22 states? the vast majority of major cities and many cooperation have the plicy in place already.

    THis is just the government trying to do its job, protect rights. Its sad people are bother by that.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #377
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Why do you keep point out the "right" to me? I am neither right or left. I care not what hypocrisy the right has, the subject here is creating more and more government stupidity and forcing beliefs down others throats. If you wish to discuss the right, the by all means start a thread on them.

    But frankly religion and homosexuality are not the same thing. You are comparing apples to oranges, and I care not to purchase either. Religion seeks answers to life. This whole homosexual thing attempts to achieve recognition as normal an aberration of basic human instincts and dysfunction that differs from genetic design.
    It doesnt matter what what lean you are, the plain simple fact is that until you can convince the right to give up their protections others will seek them as well.


    Your opinion about homosexuality is noted and discarded. Most religion seeks control, hence the "believe in OUR religion or go to hell" mentality Christians and other similar religions share. And religion is a CHOICE. Most homosexuals I know have not chosen to be gay that's who they are.

    So as before, don't like it, tough **** deal with it.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 11-15-13 at 04:49 PM.

  8. #378
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It doesnt matter what what lean you are, the plain simple fact is that until you can convince the right to give up their protections others will seek them as well.


    Your opinion about homosexuality is noted and discarded. Most religion seeks control, hence the "believe in OUR religion or go to hell" mentality Christians and other similar religions share. And religion is a CHOICE. Most homosexuals I know have not chosen to be gay that's who they are.

    So as before, don't like it, tough **** deal with it.
    Try that on the other foot. YOUR opinions about religion and homosexuality are noted and discarded. Don't like it, tough, deal with it because this bill will probably die a quick death in the house, if it even reaches the floor.

    Yes, religion is a choice, but for the many who are brought up from birth in this or that religion it is no more a choice than homosexual behavior is.

  9. #379
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    1.)Try that on the other foot. YOUR opinions about religion and homosexuality are noted and discarded.
    2.) Don't like it, tough, deal with it
    3.) because this bill will probably die a quick death in the house, if it even reaches the floor.
    4.) Yes, religion is a choice, but for the many who are brought up from birth in this or that religion it is no more a choice than homosexual behavior is.
    1.) his opinion isnt denying right though, others want to and his opinion on homosexuality are based on facts, others were not
    2.) nothing to deal with because equal rights is winning
    3.) this is true but its temporary
    4.) factually wrong but if you feel that way awesome perfect argument to protect them both then!!!
    Last edited by AGENT J; 11-15-13 at 05:19 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #380
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    491

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Christianity:

    "Let your gentleness show in your treatment of all people."

    Phillipians 4:5

    E.G. discrimination, hate, etc are not gentle

    That doesn't mean we AGREE with LGBT, clearly it's a sin (whether you believe in God or not - it's damaging - hence a sin)

    Should we start discriminating against adulterers? Soldiers who killed in war? Drunks?

    No, of course not. Homosexuality is NOT different than the aforementioned sins.

    We "all fall short of the glory of God" and those who 'show mercy will be shown mercy'.

    Isn't that better than the false Christianity the 'hate' squad brings? They can't deal with their own sins, so the project outwards!

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •