Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 405

Thread: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

  1. #361
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Ok so reading again, your argument is they should be able to fire him cause it "harms" the law firm. So your argument is certain clients were prejudiced against certain groups so the solution is to keep those groups out to the extent possible? The south would still be operating under jim crow then. I have no sympathy for the prejudiced clients, nor the law firm that would fire the gay worker to appease them. But according to you, that wasn't why he was fired.
    I think the law firm has a right to do what it wants. if it does stupid things than it will hurt itself

    but I don't think gays should be able to sue over that

    I don't think the government should have the power to prevent private employers from firing or hiring whom they want.

    He was fired probably because his in your face homosexuality offended some clients and his pro bono activities of advancing gay and other far left interests offended some and some probably didn't think he was spending enough time on what associates at big bucks firms are expected to do-making the partners lots of money

    good night



  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    99% of Republicans aren't really trying to do anything. They had complete majority for 4 years and did absolutely nothing to reverse previous actions by the left.

    The only two apparent constants in US politics is that the Reps won't do **** and the Dems will always do something stupid.
    Not disagreeing there, but as I said as long as a law like this is in place where "Christians and other religions" are protected from being fired just for their beliefs, yet LGBT are not, I will support LGBT to be protected as well. That's the way it goes.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I know you won't agree with this but I believe a private business has the right to hire or fire whomever it wants PERIOD
    Again, I don't fully disagree with you as time has gone on I have changed my position such that if ALL protections are dissolved than I would agree. However, since all protections have NOT been dissolved, I will support LGBT being added to the list of protections. Why should someone be protected from being fired just because they believe in some sky god yet someone that happens to live another lifestyle like LGBT be denied? Sorry, don't agree with that and will support LGBT being added to that "protection' list until conservatives and others alike decide to dissolve THEIR protections as well.

  4. #364
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, I don't fully disagree with you as time has gone on I have changed my position such that if ALL protections are dissolved than I would agree. However, since all protections have NOT been dissolved, I will support LGBT being added to the list of protections. Why should someone be protected from being fired just because they believe in some sky god yet someone that happens to live another lifestyle like LGBT be denied? Sorry, don't agree with that and will support LGBT being added to that "protection' list until conservatives and others alike decide to dissolve THEIR protections as well.
    Well said
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

  5. #365
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, I don't fully disagree with you as time has gone on I have changed my position such that if ALL protections are dissolved than I would agree. However, since all protections have NOT been dissolved, I will support LGBT being added to the list of protections. Why should someone be protected from being fired just because they believe in some sky god yet someone that happens to live another lifestyle like LGBT be denied? Sorry, don't agree with that and will support LGBT being added to that "protection' list until conservatives and others alike decide to dissolve THEIR protections as well.
    I've seen exactly one on this forum say he's willing to do that, a couple others who are not Christian say "Ok remove race, gender, all protections," but yeah the vast majority of complaints here has been directed at specifically LGBT getting employment protection. Wonder what that tells us.

  6. #366
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, I don't fully disagree with you as time has gone on I have changed my position such that if ALL protections are dissolved than I would agree. However, since all protections have NOT been dissolved, I will support LGBT being added to the list of protections. Why should someone be protected from being fired just because they believe in some sky god yet someone that happens to live another lifestyle like LGBT be denied? Sorry, don't agree with that and will support LGBT being added to that "protection' list until conservatives and others alike decide to dissolve THEIR protections as well.
    agreed i think its insane to think one set or protection of rights is ok and another is wrong in this case.

    but also i have to say for me personally i dont want any of those protections going anywhere, its the government job to protect rights and i want those rights protected.

    I like that i live in a country that TRIES not to empower bigots and people that want to illegal discriminate.

    Theres nothing ok to me about somebody firing somebody simply because of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation etc. That insane to me and something id never support. Not saying thats what you want just stating how i feel.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #367
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Not disagreeing there, but as I said as long as a law like this is in place where "Christians and other religions" are protected from being fired just for their beliefs, yet LGBT are not, I will support LGBT to be protected as well. That's the way it goes.
    So, due to your dislike of Christians, you will continue taking incremental steps away from Freedom? Ok, but we didn't get where we are in a single giant leap but by one small step at a time, we probably won't fix in one giant step either, we will need to take small steps. The first step is always stopping the momentum/movement in the direction things are going. You cause the problem to recede until you stop it going forward.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  8. #368
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    agreed i think its insane to think one set or protection of rights is ok and another is wrong in this case.

    but also i have to say for me personally i dont want any of those protections going anywhere, its the government job to protect rights and i want those rights protected.

    I like that i live in a country that TRIES not to empower bigots and people that want to illegal discriminate.

    Theres nothing ok to me about somebody firing somebody simply because of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation etc. That insane to me and something id never support. Not saying thats what you want just stating how i feel.
    Actually you don't. You support all kinds of protections for different groups but totally support and call for ****ing over white males. All means all, not all but white males.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  9. #369
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Actually you don't. You support all kinds of protections for different groups but totally support and call for ****ing over white males. All means all, not all but white males.

    BOOM! and there you have it, with one post you just showed you have no clue what these laws actually do
    weird WHITE and MALE are both covered under RACE and GENDER

    there is no bigger dishonest, illogical, insecure, mentally retarded, inaccurate and factually false "theory" than thinking theses laws "exclude" White (race) Males (gender) who have sexual orientation may have disabilities and may practice religion LMAO

    thanks for the laugh and proving you have no idea what you are talking about on a topic.

    so yes i do support us all being covered and facts prove your post wrong and destroy it again
    Last edited by AGENT J; 11-15-13 at 11:03 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #370
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    federal discrimination laws--unconstitutional.
    i expected someone to challenge me on this?

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •