Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 405

Thread: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    Well since Batman is fictional, some may believe you are fictional. However, if claiming you are Batman is the only way you can be a happy and productive member of society, then most wouldnt stop you. If you legally changed your name to Batman, most would call you that.
    What if offending the **** out of people made me happy - would you support me then? because men who think they're woman and woman who think they're men offend me....

    The mere notion that you believe it's socially acceptable to be Batman everyday show's me you're some sort of social anarchist..

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    I respect your right to disagree. State your disagrement all you want.
    I don't think you do.....

  3. #243
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    What if offending the **** out of people made me happy - would you support me then? because men who think they're woman and woman who think they're men offend me....

    The mere notion that you believe it's socially acceptable to be Batman everyday show's me you're some sort of social anarchist..
    It depends on what you are doing to annoy people. You have the freedom of speach so can talk all you want but you cant touch or interfere with people. If your mere presence annoys people that is there problem.

    Nope, far from anarchist. I dont understand how letting a person believe they are Batman produces anarchy.

  4. #244
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't think you do.....
    I know I havent posted much here yet, but you wont find me telling you to not disagree anywhere.

  5. #245
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefgator View Post
    I really don't understand this. Why would you have to "find out"? Why even ask? Has it been that big of a problem in the past? You are stressing yourself out over something that is all in your head from what I can see. Are you so flamboyant with your sexuality that it would be an issue? If so, then maybe you would be fired on the ground of sexual harrassment in the same way that a woman is fired for dressing like a tramp and trying to bed every guy at the office. Or the guy that creeps out all the ladies because he is constantly hitting on them or making inappropriate comments...
    That has been done. As well as it should be. Any person that creates a hostile/uncomfortable work environment is subject to dismissal, in my experience. Just being gay is not enough to make that environment.

    And I argee 100% that it is BullS... If you get the job and are fired because of your sexuality, I would sue the pants off of them. IF you can prove it...... Of course that would be the hard part.

    This statement will probably tick you off.... but I think that it sounds like you have already adopted the "victim mentality".
    I hardly need to justify my decision to you or anyone who doesn't face such dilemmas, but perhaps you can be made to understand. Yes, i've had jobs where the other workers ask about your personal life. "Do you have a girlfriend? Why do girls talk about boring crap like the weather during sex?" etc. Guess i should keep lying or tell them off? Yes, that's a great way to make friends or network and not at all stressful. Maybe tell the truth? Ok, then i could be fired.

    I'm not saying it would happen or even likely, but it'd be damn foolish to turn down jobs that do have those policies/laws in favor of one that doesn't. With 97% of fortune 500 companies having such a policy, makes me wonder about the other 3%. It's just too risky. It's funny because if i took this job others on here would say (as they have) that I'd "deserve" it if i did get fired, cause i should've known better than to apply. So whatever am i to do to please everyone? How about whatever the hell i'm comfortable with, and screw anyone who has a problem with that?

    Simply being gay IS enough to fire someone without ENDA in most places. They will say it creates a hostile work environment. You're saying sue them...that's exactly the point! I could *not* do so at this place. There's no legal protection. Try to keep up.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    It depends on what you are doing to annoy people. You have the freedom of speach so can talk all you want but you cant touch or interfere with people. If your mere presence annoys people that is there problem.

    Nope, far from anarchist. I dont understand how letting a person believe they are Batman produces anarchy.
    Do you not see the problem within the bolded logic?

    Your precious opinion doesn't matter - better yet - it's not up to our government to enforce your opinion....

    I could (and will) care less about your "opinion" but when you expect the government to enforce YOUR opinion on me - that is where I draw a line (and I'm not like Obama) I mean it....

    The Bill of Rights means it too as a document...

    So sad I have to point this out....

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    To Amandi:

    We have A Bill of Rights for a reason.

  8. #248
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    I hardly need to justify my decision to you or anyone who doesn't face such dilemmas, but perhaps you can be made to understand. Yes, i've had jobs where the other workers ask about your personal life. "Do you have a girlfriend? Why do girls talk about boring crap like the weather during sex?" etc. Guess i should keep lying or tell them off? Yes, that's a great way to make friends or network and not at all stressful. Maybe tell the truth? Ok, then i could be fired.

    I'm not saying it would happen or even likely, but it'd be damn foolish to turn down jobs that do have those policies/laws in favor of one that doesn't. With 97% of fortune 500 companies having such a policy, makes me wonder about the other 3%. It's just too risky. It's funny because if i took this job others on here would say (as they have) that I'd "deserve" it if i did get fired, cause i should've known better than to apply. So whatever am i to do to please everyone? How about whatever the hell i'm comfortable with, and screw anyone who has a problem with that?

    Simply being gay IS enough to fire someone without ENDA in most places. They will say it creates a hostile work environment. You're saying sue them...that's exactly the point! I could *not* do so at this place. There's no legal protection. Try to keep up.
    I am keeping up. I am just trying to understand. I am also on record for ENDA being passed.

    None of my gay friends have any of the issues of which you speak. A few are with very successful in high profile companies and most are quite open. Not one has ever told me that they are afraid for their job. Most were afraid to come out, not fearing the reactin at work, but for the reaction of their families. I know when my brother came out, my Mother freaked out... but she got over it.



    I do have to ask you to explain the 97% number... 97% have waht sort of policy? To fire or equality? If it is to Fire.... yeah, I would be afraid to ask, but 3%... chances are so good in your favor that it should not matter... 3% is a great risk... 15 of 500...I will take those odds in a heartbeat.

    To the guys that say "you deserve it", well they are just wrong.
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

  9. #249
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Do you not see the problem within the bolded logic?

    Your precious opinion doesn't matter - better yet - it's not up to our government to enforce your opinion....

    I could (and will) care less about your "opinion" but when you expect the government to enforce YOUR opinion on me - that is where I draw a line (and I'm not like Obama) I mean it....

    The Bill of Rights means it too as a document...

    So sad I have to point this out....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    To Amandi:

    We have A Bill of Rights for a reason.
    It's like we arent even participating in the same conversation. Nothing I have said violates the Bill of Rights. You have the Freedom of Speech to say what you want and to protest. What exactly did I say that violates the Bill of Rights.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    It's like we arent even participating in the same conversation. Nothing I have said violates the Bill of Rights. You have the Freedom of Speech to say what you want and to protest. What exactly did I say that violates the Bill of Rights.
    I'm pretty sure you have implied that people have the obligation and should be FORCED to serve and accept transexuals when people have the same right to refuse....

    Yeah I know your next argument will be "Jim Crow."

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •